Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 offers Expanded Education Conference and Learning Opportunities
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 participants can take part in an expanded education conference held in Shanghai, China, 11th-14th June, that includes more than 10 general education sessions covering a wide range of subjects including safety, marketing plans, revenue operations, human resources, visual media technology, data mining, and more.
The conference, which takes place at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre is owned and produced by IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry.
All sessions will be simultaneously translated in English and Mandarin Chinese, and attendees are eligible to receive eight (8) credit hours toward IAAPA Certification, the official mark of professional achievement in the global attractions industry.
Attractions industry leaders from around the world will share their knowledge and insights with conference attendees. Notable speakers include:
• Jana Blackbourn, Human Resources Manager, Luna Park Sydney
• Mark Shaw, Shaw Thing Consulting
• Michael Croaker, Head of Entertainment, Village Roadshow Theme Parks
• Shaun McKeogh, ICAE, founder and President, Attractions Academy
• Alan Kwok, Director of Park Operations, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Chef Alan Orreal, Culinary Director, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Chris Yoshi, Vice President of Economics and Global Director of Leisure + Culture Asia, AECOM
• Doug Akers, Senior Director, Park Operations, Universal Beijing
• Joe Relich, Vice President of Technical Services, Universal Beijing Resort
• Joe Schott, President and General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Leafy Li, Manager, Environmental affairs, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Paul Pei, President, ParkAD LLC - advisor to Theme Parks
• Phil Hong, Senior Manager - Safety, Fire and Health, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Shan Zong, Chinese Country Manager, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
• William Liu, General Manager, Sanderson Group
Macau SAR, China
• Yik Ho, Assistant Vice President of Resort Services, Galaxy Entertainment Group
• Keiji Maeda, General Manager, Panasonic Corporation
• Steve Tatham, Vice President and General Manager, Universal Studios Japan
• J. Hong Low, founder and Executive Director, AGC Sports & Equipment
• Jose 'Blue' Reyna III, ICAE, Head of Park Operations Division, Enchanted Kingdom
• Mika Nur Faezah, Regional Director, JNELC Asia
• Wendi Teoh, Show Creator, APES
• Chris Perry, Chief Executive, Icon Global Partners Limited
• Cecil Magpuri, founder, Falcon’s Creative Group
• Craig Hanna, Chief Executive, Thinkwell Group
• Erik Beard, Managing Member and General Counsel, International Ride Training LLC
• Franceen Gonzales, Executive Vice President, Business Development, WhiteWater West Industries
• Ken Wheatley, Senior Director, Global Business Development, Christie Digital
• Mark Dvorchark, Managing Partner, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
• Randy Ewing, Vice President of Design, Thinkwell Asia
• Shawn McCoy, Vice President, Jack Rouse Associates
• Anna Danau, Managing Director, Hospitality Intelligence
• Victor Danau, Director of Operations and Development, Asia Pacific region, Ripley Entertainment
Please note: General education sessions are included with registration for IAAPA members. Non-members require an additional fee.
In-depth Learning and Multi-Day Offerings
Attendees can also participate in additional in-depth learning programs during IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and IAAPA Safety Institute.
IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers
Taking place 9th-11th June, this professional development program is designed for leaders with five or fewer years of experience in attractions management. The two-and-a-half-day program offers a blend of classroom instruction led by experts, case study examinations, and small group presentations that address finance, marketing, leadership, facility operations, safety, and revenue operations. Participants present throughout all sessions earn 16 credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
IAAPA Safety Institute
On 11th June, this program provides an opportunity for attractions owners and operators to learn about the latest developments and best practices in ride safety standards, loss prevention, risk management, ride design, and safety compliance. This program is eligible for credit toward IAAPA Certification. Participants earn four credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
For more information on IAAPA Expo Asia, click here to access event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
7th March 2019 - IAAPA introduces new global brand for Asian attraction expo
16th November 2018 - Luna Park Sydney secures 2018 IAAPA Brass Ring Award
4th November 2018 - IAAPA report highlights global surge in the ‘experience economy’
10th October 2018 - IAAPA confirms Hal McEvoy as President and Chief Executive
18th May 2018 - Historic levels of growth in global theme park industry in 2017
6th February 2018 - IAAPA opens new Asia-Pacific regional office in Shanghai
14th November 2017 - IAAPA Attractions Expo showcases the future of the global attractions industry
22nd November 2013 - Mario O. Mamon assumes role as 2014 IAAPA Chairman of the Board
Support our industry news service
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
As an independent publisher, we need reader support for our industry news gathering so ask that - if you don't already do so - you back us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine and/or our online news.
Click here to view our subscription options.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!