Lander & Rogers' Sports Business Group is the leading sports law practice in Australia, representing over 150 national and international sporting bodies. Our clients include international…read more
At Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd we understand that privacy is important, and we’ve created this policy to give you information about how we collect and use personal information.
Our commitment to privacy in accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000, which took effect in December 2001.
1. Collection of information
We may collect certain personal information from you such as your first and last name, email address and business name when you register to use our site or its services and features.
Depending on your activity on the website, we may also request additional personal information, including your employment details/status, physical address and general interests.
We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information from users of our site, such as their Internet protocol address, the type of browser and operating system they use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and the web pages, content and advertisements you may have visited, viewed or clicked on. We use various technologies to collect that information, including the following:
- Cookies – We may send 'cookies' (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer to identify you as a unique user and maintain a record of your visits. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies do not contain personal information, but if you choose to furnish us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- Web beacons – Pages of our site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on our site and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of our site.
- IP Addresses – Our computers may also collect your IP address, which is a numerical address that is used to identify a computer connected to the Internet. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, to deliver web pages to you upon request, to tailor our website to suit your interests, and to measure traffic within our site.
2. What do we do with this information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Conduct and process transactions with you;
- Improve our site and the content and services offered on our website;
- Enforce legal terms that govern your use of the applicable to our website;
- Protect our website, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others; and
- For any other purposes for which the information is collected and maintained.
We may use your non-personally identifiable information to analyse the usage of our website, improve the design and content of our website, deliver relevant marketing messages and advertisements, personalise your Internet experience, and offer you products and services. In some cases, we may use your IP address to identify you in order to enforce any legal terms that govern our website or to protect our site, services, systems, information, employees, business partners, service providers, users, customers or others from injury or harm.
3. Information sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties including in the following instances:
- To assist us in providing our website and services (such as data storage providers) and processing transactions and communications on and through our website;
- Names of winners of our competitions as may be required by state law on our site and in winner’s lists;
- Law enforcement officials, to the extent we believe necessary to comply with laws, regulations, court or administrative orders, or other governmental authority or to prevent harm to yourself or others;
- Where you have specifically authorised us to do so; and
- Upon a merger, divestiture or transfer or sale of all or substantially all of our assets or upon any other corporate reorganisation.
We may also share non-personally identifiable information to third parties on an aggregate basis for purposes of analysing usages and trends, improving or enhancing our website, improving existing products and services, and developing new ones.
4. Information from children
This website is not intended for and does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 14. If you believe that your child has registered on our website or that we have collected information from your child, please contact us immediately so that we can remove that information from our database.
5. What security measures do we take with respect to your information?
We employ reasonable security measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information that we collect and maintain. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information or that any communication or transmission of such information over the Internet will be entirely secure.
6. Third Party Websites
This website may contain links to websites or products and services offered by third parties. We do not endorse and are not responsible for the information collection practices of those third party websites. Your use of those third party websites is at your sole and entire risk. We encourage you to review those third party websites and their privacy policies before using them or providing them any of your personal information.
8. Privacy inquiries
The Privacy Officer
Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd
PO Box 478, Collaroy 2097
(102 Taiyul Road, Narrabeen 2101)
or email: email@example.com
Copyright, Disclaimer and Conditions for Reproduction
The Australasian Leisure Management website, and its related websites, and the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine are owned and published by Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd.
While every care is taken with advice given, Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd can take no responsibility for for any adverse consequences arising out of the use of such information.
Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd gives no warranty of accuracy, completeness or reliability of such information to you or to any third party and excludes all conditions and warranties implied by custom, law or statute
Australian Leisure Media Pty Ltd will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information provided, whether in an action in contract, tort (including without limitation, negligence), product liability, statute or on any other basis, whether or not such loss or damage was foreseeable and even if advised of the possibility of the loss or damage;
No person, organisation or party should rely or on any way act upon any part of the contents of this website whether that information is sourced from this website or related product without first obtaining the advice of a fully qualified person. Views expressed by contributors may be personal and are not necessarily the views of their employers or professional associations.
The publisher, authors and contributors of content on this website reserve their rights in regards to copyright of their work. No part of this work covered by the copyright may be reproduced or copied in any form or by any means without the written consent of the publisher.
Links to stories published on this website from social media websites such as, but not limited to, twitter and Facebook should attribute this website as its source.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Ungerboeck is the world leader in end-to-end venue and event management software for event venues, conventions, exhibitions, conferences, associations, universities, stadia, arenas, destination…read more
The ultimate children's play experience associated with interactive aquatic toys is more accessible than ever with the introduction of the new water cannon developed by Water Park Toys. The water…read more
We at Pavigym™ are determined to bring the Ultimate Fitness Experience to fitness users of all ages, body types and levels, by using a combination of the best performance flooring, interactive…read more
Australian Innovative Systems (AISystems) is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators and water…read more
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
Links Modular Solutions are a leading provider of high-quality, innovative software solutions for leisure facilities. Our software suite includes modules such as POS, Classes, Members, Facility…read more
Ecoline is a highly experienced and skilled company that offers world-first technology in safety, protects the environment and provides a unique and challenging custom-made adventure and educational…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!