Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
Inner West recognised as Sport NSW Local Council of the Year
Sydney's Inner West Council has won the 2020 Local Council of the Year at the Sport NSW Community Sports Awards.
The awards recognise outstanding achievements and contributions to community sport in NSW, with the Local Council of the Year award recognising ‘excellence and innovation in the promotion of sport and active recreation’.
Inner West won for its work across a wide range of Council teams and projects, including:
• Delivering new and upgraded sport and recreation infrastructure, such as Ashfield Aquatic Centre and Dawn Fraser Baths
• Excellence in long-term parks and recreation planning
• Providing support to local sporting clubs through training, Council’s Office of Sport, and a Sportsground Allocation Policy to ensure equity of access
• Promoting inclusion by diverse communities through recreation programs, grants, and partnerships including the new inclusion business plan for Leichardt Park Aquatic Centre
Since 2017, the Council has had a commitment to create a healthier community with actions and initiatives including:
• Dramatically boosting funding to sporting fields, parks, playgrounds and pools in order to deliver first class sporting facilities for local families and clubs throughout the local area
• Commissioning the Recreation Needs Study: A Healthier Inner West which helped inform policy and strategy in the short and long term
• Establishing an Office of Sport and appointing an Office of Sport Coordinator to transform Council’s relationship with sporting clubs from one based on ground hire only into a strategic partnership to improve the health and wellbeing of our community
• Focusing on increasing participation of some groups that are currently under-represented in organised sport, such as girls and women, people from lower socio economic backgrounds, seniors and people with disabilities
• Building, refurbishing and maintaining magnificent facilities such as Dawn Fraser Baths and the new Ashfield Aquatic Centre
The Council was formed on in May 2016 by the merger of the former Ashfield, Leichhardt, and Marrickville councils.
Image: Inner West Council is currently refurbishing the Dawn Fraser Baths on Sydney Harbour.
20th November 2020 - Sport NSW presents 2020 community and volunteer Award winners
9th October 2020 - Works completed at redeveloped Ashfield Aquatic Centre
6th November 2019 - Refurbishment project commences at Sydney’s Dawn Fraser Baths
30th October 2019 - New Ashfield Aquatic Centre to feature Australian-first moveable floor
28th October 2019 - Inner West Council adopts far-ranging new tree policy
2nd September 2018 - Urgent works needed to repair Sydney’s Dawn Fraser Baths
7th June 2018 - Ashfield Aquatic Centre redevelopment moves forward
13th April 2018 - Sport NSW welcomes NSW Government funding for community facilities
30th March 2018 - Sport NSW calls for stadium savings to be invested in the suburbs
25th September 2017 - Ashfield Aquatic Centre redevelopment scheduled for late 2018 completion
1st November 2016 - $63 million green space infrastructure program for Sydney’s inner west
7th October 2016 - Inner West Council backs aquatic centre redevelopments
2nd November 2015 - New park, gardens and cliff-side walk for inner western Sydney
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Geoff Ninnes Fong & Partners (GNFP) is a structural, aquatic and civil engineering consultancy with broad experience in the design of new municipal and institutional swimming pools, hydrotherapy…read more
Compliant chemical storage and decanting solutions. Includes spill kits, spill containment pallets, chemical decanting decks and safety shower and eyewash equipment. See our full range of solutionsread more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as Vivaticket Pty Ltd. Vivaticket is the ideal strategic partner for the organisation and management of your…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
Known as Hydrilla since September 2020 - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/hydrilla-pty-ltdread more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!