Intelligenz provides Leisure Management Software for managing all your Program Registrations, Facility Bookings, Membership Sales and POS Transactions; including detailed Reporting, automated…read more
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 offers Expanded Education Conference and Learning Opportunities
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 participants can take part in an expanded education conference held in Shanghai, China, 11th-14th June, that includes more than 10 general education sessions covering a wide range of subjects including safety, marketing plans, revenue operations, human resources, visual media technology, data mining, and more.
The conference, which takes place at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre is owned and produced by IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry.
All sessions will be simultaneously translated in English and Mandarin Chinese, and attendees are eligible to receive eight (8) credit hours toward IAAPA Certification, the official mark of professional achievement in the global attractions industry.
Attractions industry leaders from around the world will share their knowledge and insights with conference attendees. Notable speakers include:
• Jana Blackbourn, Human Resources Manager, Luna Park Sydney
• Mark Shaw, Shaw Thing Consulting
• Michael Croaker, Head of Entertainment, Village Roadshow Theme Parks
• Shaun McKeogh, ICAE, founder and President, Attractions Academy
• Alan Kwok, Director of Park Operations, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Chef Alan Orreal, Culinary Director, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Chris Yoshi, Vice President of Economics and Global Director of Leisure + Culture Asia, AECOM
• Doug Akers, Senior Director, Park Operations, Universal Beijing
• Joe Relich, Vice President of Technical Services, Universal Beijing Resort
• Joe Schott, President and General Manager, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Leafy Li, Manager, Environmental affairs, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Paul Pei, President, ParkAD LLC - advisor to Theme Parks
• Phil Hong, Senior Manager - Safety, Fire and Health, Shanghai Disney Resort
• Shan Zong, Chinese Country Manager, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
• William Liu, General Manager, Sanderson Group
Macau SAR, China
• Yik Ho, Assistant Vice President of Resort Services, Galaxy Entertainment Group
• Keiji Maeda, General Manager, Panasonic Corporation
• Steve Tatham, Vice President and General Manager, Universal Studios Japan
• J. Hong Low, founder and Executive Director, AGC Sports & Equipment
• Jose 'Blue' Reyna III, ICAE, Head of Park Operations Division, Enchanted Kingdom
• Mika Nur Faezah, Regional Director, JNELC Asia
• Wendi Teoh, Show Creator, APES
• Chris Perry, Chief Executive, Icon Global Partners Limited
• Cecil Magpuri, founder, Falcon’s Creative Group
• Craig Hanna, Chief Executive, Thinkwell Group
• Erik Beard, Managing Member and General Counsel, International Ride Training LLC
• Franceen Gonzales, Executive Vice President, Business Development, WhiteWater West Industries
• Ken Wheatley, Senior Director, Global Business Development, Christie Digital
• Mark Dvorchark, Managing Partner, Pro Forma Advisors LLC
• Randy Ewing, Vice President of Design, Thinkwell Asia
• Shawn McCoy, Vice President, Jack Rouse Associates
• Anna Danau, Managing Director, Hospitality Intelligence
• Victor Danau, Director of Operations and Development, Asia Pacific region, Ripley Entertainment
Please note: General education sessions are included with registration for IAAPA members. Non-members require an additional fee.
In-depth Learning and Multi-Day Offerings
Attendees can also participate in additional in-depth learning programs during IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and IAAPA Safety Institute.
IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers
Taking place 9th-11th June, this professional development program is designed for leaders with five or fewer years of experience in attractions management. The two-and-a-half-day program offers a blend of classroom instruction led by experts, case study examinations, and small group presentations that address finance, marketing, leadership, facility operations, safety, and revenue operations. Participants present throughout all sessions earn 16 credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
IAAPA Safety Institute
On 11th June, this program provides an opportunity for attractions owners and operators to learn about the latest developments and best practices in ride safety standards, loss prevention, risk management, ride design, and safety compliance. This program is eligible for credit toward IAAPA Certification. Participants earn four credit hours toward IAAPA Certification.
For more information on IAAPA Expo Asia, click here to access event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
7th March 2019 - IAAPA introduces new global brand for Asian attraction expo
16th November 2018 - Luna Park Sydney secures 2018 IAAPA Brass Ring Award
4th November 2018 - IAAPA report highlights global surge in the ‘experience economy’
10th October 2018 - IAAPA confirms Hal McEvoy as President and Chief Executive
18th May 2018 - Historic levels of growth in global theme park industry in 2017
6th February 2018 - IAAPA opens new Asia-Pacific regional office in Shanghai
14th November 2017 - IAAPA Attractions Expo showcases the future of the global attractions industry
22nd November 2013 - Mario O. Mamon assumes role as 2014 IAAPA Chairman of the Board
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Pico Play is a global leader in the planning, design, development and construction of world-class themed attractions and entertainment that deliver extraordinary and memorable experiences to millions…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
With industry leading solutions in design and durability you can improve your facilities with our access control operations, payment systems and flexible personal locker storage solutions. Your…read more
Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!