iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Global Attractions industry participate in record-breaking IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 in Shanghai
The global attractions industry came together this week during IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 in Shanghai, China to experience the largest trade show floor in the Expo's 21-year history. 429 companies from around the globe showcased innovative new products and services across 13,302 metre² in the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
Demonstrating the continued growth and strength of the attractions industry throughout Asia – and the rest of the world – preliminary estimates indicate 11,400 industry professionals from 80 countries, including 8,100 qualified buyers participated in IAAPA Expo Asia. The total number of buyers in attendance represents a 25% increase over last year's Expo in Hong Kong.
Expo education conference speakers, and industry experts from 10 countries led sessions on attractions safety, operations, employee engagement, trends, best practices, and more.
Hal McEvoy, President and Chief Executive of event host the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA), explained "IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 exceeded our expectations
"Attendees from all over the world came together in Shanghai to discover innovative new ways to grow their businesses.”
IAAPA Asia Pacific Executive Director, June Ko added "we are proud to provide IAAPA Expo Asia – the exclusive event for attractions industry professionals in this region,
"IAAPA hosts world-class events where industry professionals learn from each other and implement these new ideas at their companies, parks, and attractions."
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 numbers:
• 429 companies showcased new and innovative products and services across 13,302 net square meters (34,500 gross metre²) of space on the trade show floor.
• 1,324 people took part in the Expo's education conference. 43 people participated in the IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and 64 attended the IAAPA Safety Institute.
• 750 people attended the Opening Ceremony which featured entertainment from Shanghai Disney Resort and a traditional Chinese dance performance.
• 700 people participated in the sold-out Opening Night Reception at Haichang Ocean Park.
• 300 people attended the sold-out Leadership Breakfast, featuring a keynote presentation from Joe Schott, president and general manager of Shanghai Disney Resort.
• 119 people attended the Lunch and Learn event featuring Michael Croaker, head of entertainment for Village Roadshow Theme Parks.
• 68 people attended the Young Professionals Reception at the Shanghai Dungeon.
• 236 attendees attended in education tours of popular Shanghai attractions.
• 51 people participated in the EDUTour to Hello Kitty Shanghai Times
• 29 people participated in the EDUTour to the Shanghai Natural History Museum
• 101 people participated in the EDUTour of Safety and Environmental Affairs at Shanghai Disney Resort; and
• 55 people participated in the EDUTour Food and Beverage, Safety, and Service at Shanghai Disney Resort.
IAAPA Expo Asia 2020 will be held in Macau, China, from 8th to 11th June next year, with detailed information about the event to be added in the coming months.
For more information on the IAAPA Expo Asia 2020, click here to access event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
7th March 2019 - IAAPA introduces new global brand for Asian attraction expo
4th November 2018 - IAAPA report highlights global surge in the ‘experience economy’
10th October 2018 - IAAPA confirms Hal McEvoy as President and Chief Executive
13th April 2018 - Chinese Government looks to slow theme park development boom
6th February 2018 - IAAPA opens new Asia-Pacific regional office in Shanghai
21st November 2016 - Chinese theme park guests demand convenience
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!