HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
Global and local sports leaders to converge in Sydney
Key issues relating to leadership in sport, increasing participation and the challenges of virtual reality, augmented reality and eSports markets are among topical questions that will be explored at the 6th Business of Sport Summit on 4th and 5th April 2017 in Sydney.
Uniting the nation’s leading sports stakeholders, including leagues, clubs, brands and government organisations, the Business of Sport Summit (BOSS) is a significant and widely recognised annual gathering of Australia’s sports industry.
Known for its outstanding local and international speakers and excellent networking opportunities, BOSS facilitates high-level discussion on all things pertaining to sports leadership, consumption, business models, sponsorship, events, fan experience, digitisation and more.
Being staged at the Swissotel Sydney, BOSS will welcome more than 40 speakers from Australia and around the globe to share their expertise with the nation’s senior sports industry leaders.
Some of the highlights of the event include:
• Kate Johnson, Vice-President, Head of Global Sponsorship Marketing, Visa (USA), will share Visa’s tactics to forge powerful partnerships on the world stage. A former rower for the U.S. Olympic team, Johnson knows firsthand the benefits of sponsorship for helping sportspeople grow and succeed.
• Tatjana Haenni, Deputy Director, Head of Women's Football, FIFA, will chart the rise of women’s football across the globe and explore ways to support women’s football at all levels. Haenni is passionate about facilitating the cultural change, education and infrastructure needed to support women in sport in every country.
• Craig Tiley, Chief Executive, Tennis Australia, will examine the global branding and entertainment dimensions crucial to keeping today’s sports organisations popular and profitable.
• Vinai Venkatesham, Chief Commercial Officer, Arsenal FC, will share strategies the club uses to develop global recognition in the digital age. Venkatesham is boosting Arsenal’s fame and fortunes through exciting new ventures, including Arsenal’s highly anticipated matches in Sydney in July 2017.
• Grace Chan, Head of Brand and Marketing Comms, Malaysia Airlines, will provide a case study on how sports partnerships can help brands revitalise their reputation. Having become the official global airline partner of Liverpool FC, Malaysia Airlines is seeking to strengthen consumer confidence and lift its international profile.
• Stuart Ayres, NSW Minister for Trade, Tourism and Major Events and NSW Minister for Sport will unpack the latest government initiatives taking Australia forward in sport.
• Peter Beattie, Chairman, Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, will speak about the planning and execution strategies set to make the next Commonwealth Games a successful and standout event.
• Jaci Hays, Head of Global Brand Partnerships, GoPro (USA), will give insider insights into how virtual and augmented reality are shaking up brand storytelling and fan engagement. Hays will reveal the latest innovations taking the GoPro craze even further in the realm of unique and shareable sporting adventures.
Other leaders confirmed to speak at the event include Finn Bradshaw, Head of Digital, Cricket Australia; Andrew Westacott, Chief Executive, Australian Grand Prix Corporation; Jeremy Loeliger, General Manager, National Basketball League; Nick Vanzetti, Managing Director, Electronic Sports League (ESL); Karren Rogers, Head of Media Partnerships, Facebook; Raelene Castle, Chief Executive, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs; Tony Shepherd, Chairman, GWS Giants; and Jonathan Prosser, Group General Manager Strategy & Growth, Cronulla Sharks FC.
Click here for details of BOSS in the Australasian Leisure Management industry calendar.
27th January 2016 - FIVE KEY REASONS TO ATTEND THE BUSINESS OF SPORT SUMMIT 2016
29th October 2015 - RUGBY WORLD CUP, TOUGH MUDDER AND UFC TO HEADLINE BOSS 2016
24th September 2014 - BUSINESS OF SPORTS SUMMIT RETURNS FOR 2015
20th November 2013 - GLOBAL SPORT POWERHOUSES TO PARTICIPATE IN 2014 SYDNEY BUSINESS OF SPORT SUMMIT
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Supreme Heating is a proud Australian owned company specialising in the latest energy efficient heating solutions. Since 1990, Supreme Heating has designed and installed commercial pool heating…read more
Rhinoplay offers playground equipment in Australia that is safe, durable, and most importantly fun! We specialise in creating unique indoor playgrounds for play centres and outdoor playgrounds for…read more
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!