NovoFit is an exciting and dynamic new company born from two of Australia’s leading commercial fitness equipment suppliers. NovoFit combines over 45 years of industry expertise, delivering state…read more
Dohnt and Hassall named Venue Professionals of the Year
The Venue Management Association (Asia and Pacific) [VMA] has announced that its 2011 Venue Professional of the Year Awards have been presented to:
Trevor Dohnt - General Manager of Event Operations at Melbourne Cricket Club (Active Award) &
Dean Hassall (pictured above) - Principal of Dean Hassall Consulting (Allied Award).
The awards were made at the recent Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress, held in the NSW Hunter Valley.
Trevor Dohnt has been recognised for his outstanding leadership at all levels of the venue industry, including:
• The driving force behind the recent development and implementation of a computer based performance management system for event casual staff at the MCG, believed to be one of the only systems of its kind in the industry;
• Heading up the MCG events team , responsible for servicing the needs of 3.1 million patrons in the AFL season alone - including 194,000 in the two weeks of the 2010 AFL Grand Final and subsequent replay;
• The ongoing leadership as Chair of the Committee for the VMA's flagship Venue Management School.
Dean Hassall has been recognised for his outstanding contributions to the venue industry, including
• Most recently, successful provision of high-level venue management consultancy services to Stadiums Queensland, Willoughby City Council, Moreton Bay Council, the South Australian Cricket Association and Jacobsen Venue Management;
• Significant roles in the development of new facilities across Australia including the Queensland State Tennis Centre, the upgrade of Dairy Farmers Stadium, the Australian Cricket Centre of Excellence, The Concourse, Tallebudgera and Hibiscus Gardens Sports Centres and Queensland Academy of Sport;
• Concurrent roles as a VMA Councillor, member of the Venue Management School Committee and lecturer at the School for the last 10 years.
A statement from the VMA read "the VMA Council congratulates Trevor and Dean and thanks them for their continuing and outstanding contributions to the venue industry and more specifically to the VMA."
12th March 2011 - Nominations open for the 2011 Venue Professional of the Year Awards
21st January 2009 - Hassall appointed Fury Chief Executive
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
Neptune Benson is a manufacturer of high quality water filtration and disinfection products for the recreational, industrial, and municipal water markets. With more than 20,000 installations…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
SGL is an innovative and progressive lifestyle, leisure and community consulting practice, operated by Phillip Gray and active since 1988. SGL has undertaken an extensive range of sport,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!