Known as Hydrilla since September 2020 - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/hydrilla-pty-ltdread more
Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre sales superstar recognised at ARV Industry Awards
Creativity and an exceptional ability to match services with customers’ needs has earned Bianca Barrot of the Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre the Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV) Membership Sales Award, sponsored by Jonas Leisure.
The award was presented by Jonas Leisure Chief Executive Mike Henton at the ARV Industry Awards Gala, held at Peninsula in Melbourne earlier this month.
Barrot works as Sales Coordinator at the Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre in the Melbourne suburb of Narre Warren. Owned by the City of Casey and managed by YMCA Victoria, the facility offers a wide range of featuress including swimming pools, a gym, group fitness studio, an on-site café and a health clinic offering massage and physiotherapy.
The ARV award judges noted that Barrot had achieved proven results through creativity and meaningful engagement with potential Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre members, commenting “her positive attitude towards the services, facilities, and prospects is fantastic. Bianca upsells well which shows she is considering all of the customer’s needs.”
Henton said it was an honour to be able to present the award at the gala dinner, adding “the ARV Industry Awards are always a highlight and it was fantastic to be at this year’s gala recognising some of the stars of our industry.
“Ms Barrot is a shining example of the immense value sales and membership professionals can add with determination and the right team and technology behind them.”
The ARV Industry Awards are held annually to recognise outstanding individuals, facilities and programs that have contributed to the growth and continued success of the aquatics and recreation industry in Victoria.
The other ARV Industry Awards 2019 award winners were:
• Duty Manager Award - Katarina Behan
• Pool Lifeguard Award - Mai Davies
• Customer Service Award - Gayle Turner
• Swim Teacher Award - Daniel Joel Webber
• Swim Teacher for Infants, Toddlers and Preschool Award - Kylie Titheridge
• Swim Teacher for Persons with a Disability Award - Khyl Cornwill
• Swim School Award - WaterMarc
• Watch Around Water Award - AquaPulse - Western Leisure Services
• Most Valuable Employee Award - Lisa Gawne
• Marketing and Communications Award - Oak Park Sports and Aquatic Centre
• Innovative Program Award - LIFT, Young Men’s Wellness Program - Northcote Aquatic & Recreation Centre
• Sustainability Award - Leisurelink Aquatic and Recreation Centre
• Group Exercise Instructor Award - Lisa Higgs
• Personal Trainer Award - Joanne Narayan
• Health Club Award - Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Community Impact Award - Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre
• Facility Management Award - Seasonal - Orbost Outdoor Pool
• Facility Management Award- Small - Deakin ACTIVE Waurn Ponds
• Facility Management Award- Large - Splash Aqua Park and Leisure Centre
• Course Presenter Award - Mark Cooper
• Outstanding Contribution to the Aquatics and Recreation Industry Award - Dr Jeff Walkley.
Image: Bianca Barrot (centre) receives her Aquatics and Recreation Victoria Membership Sales Award, with Jonas Leisure's Mike Henton at rear.
30th January 2019 - City of Casey develops future Aquatic Facilities Strategy
20th August 2018 - YMCA Casey RACE secures National Aquatic Industry Safety Award
11th October 2017 - YMCA to innovate in aquatic fitness
7th October 2017 - Community welcomes redeveloped Casey Stadium
13th December 2016 - Casey extends facility partnership with YMCA
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Geoff Ninnes Fong & Partners (GNFP) is a structural, aquatic and civil engineering consultancy with broad experience in the design of new municipal and institutional swimming pools, hydrotherapy…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!