SGL is an innovative and progressive lifestyle, leisure and community consulting practice, operated by Phillip Gray and active since 1988. SGL has undertaken an extensive range of sport,…read more
Bankwest secures naming rights to Western Sydney Stadium
Western Sydney Stadium will now be known as ‘Bankwest Stadium’ after a seven-year partnership between the NSW Government and Bankwest for naming-rights of Western Sydney’s newest purpose-built stadium was announced today.
NSW Minister for Sport and Minister for Western Sydney Stuart Ayres made the announcement at the Stadium today alongside Bankwest Managing Director Rowan Munchenberg.
“Bankwest has embraced the opportunity to be part of booming Western Sydney and the company’s commitment to the naming rights of the venue is a huge vote of confidence in both the future of the Stadium and the region,” Minister Ayres said.
“This deal is important for the Stadium to be financially self-sustaining, making sure there is no burden to taxpayers to cover ongoing running costs.
“Bankwest Stadium is a game changer for sports fans across Western Sydney.”
Managing Director Rowan Munchenberg said Bankwest was thrilled to support this critical piece of community infrastructure in the vibrant, diverse and growing corridor of Western Sydney.
“The Bankwest Stadium partnership sends a clear message to the people of Western Sydney that we’ll continue to invest in products and services that meet their needs,” said Munchenberg.
“Our vision is to deliver amazing customer experiences that matter, which is strongly aligned to the vision of this stadium ‘to empower world-class fan experiences’.
Bankwest Stadium is on track and on budget, with a rapidly increasing calendar of events and activities in place for 2019 including;
• 14 regular-season NRL games commencing with Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers on Easter Monday;
• Three home Super Rugby games for the NSW Waratahs;
• Western Sydney Wanderers playing English club Leeds in July;
• Downer Rugby League World Cup 9s in October.
Bankwest Stadium will also host a range of community events, as well as meetings, functions and other special events.
The Stadium is owned by Venues NSW on behalf of the NSW Government and operated by VenuesLive.
BANKWEST STADIUM FAST FACTS:
• The Stadium will cater for bigger crowds, provide an improved game-day experience and bring major benefits to the Western Sydney economy;
• Generate approximately 1,200 jobs during construction and between 600 and 900 jobs once operational for sporting event days and major events;
• Offer improved facilities for spectators including high-quality food and beverage facilities, improved screens, and better function facilities;
• Total budget of $360 million with Lendlease appointed as design and construction partner;
• Early work commenced in June 2017 with major work commencing in September 2017;
• 30,000 seats, all fully roof covered and closer to the action than ever before in Australia;
• 3,000 premium seats and 54 suites;
• Full Wi-Fi coverage throughout the stadium;
• A 360-degree open concourse with views of the field of play so that fans won’t miss any of the action when buying food and drinks;
• Two flexible function spaces with views of the field and the parklands beyond the stadium;
• Facilities catering to the emerging female sports industry including four team change rooms, which means women’s games can be played before men’s games.
31st August 2018 - Naming Rights Partner: new Western Sydney Stadium
26th August 2018 - 2019 opening on track for new Western Sydney Stadium
30th November 2018 - Western Sydney Stadium to host new World Cup 9s rugby league tournament
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Trisley's Hydraulic Services P/L (THS) are a specialised pool company dealing with all aspects of the commercial swimming pool industry, including the installation and servicing from the smallest…read more
Quayclean are a national cleaning and waste services partner with proven results in the understanding and delivery of cleaning needs and challenges faced by facilities including; major venues and…read more
AQUASPIN™ - Aqua Cycling Aquaspin™’s sessions have been specially designed by our Master Trainer to be challenging yet fun group cycling sessions. Each session is tailored to…read more
Intelligenz solutions provide integrated software for Wellness, Spa, Fitness, Leisure Centres, Recreation Activities, Resort and Restaurant Management.read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!