iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Australian Waterslides and Leisure installs slides and play features
Leading waterpark and aquatic leisure supplier Australian Waterslides & Leisure (AWL) has reported a range of completed and upcoming installations of waterslides and aquatic play equipment for Australian and international clients.
Having been a longtime supplier to Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast (the former Wet’n’Wild Waterworld) and installed the Super 8 Aqua Racer in 1997, AWL replaced the waterslide’s fibreglass sections with a bright new colour scheme in a refurbishment reopened on 31st December.
Other AWL projects have included:
• Winning a contract to design and install a huge KIPS (Kids Interactive Play Structure) into Big4 Whitsunday at Airlie Beach. The high quality children’s play structure will be the largest in the area with 11 slides and a Giant Tipping bucket. The structure will be made entirely from stainless steel and fibreglass materials.
• The completion of a twin slide installation into the Shangri-La International resort hotel in Muscat, Oman. The slide was made in AWL’s factory in Malaysia and shipped to Oman for installation. All design work was done in-house by AWL and the steel support structure locally fabricated to AWL’s drawings. Following this project, other hotels in the Shangri-La group are showing interest in similar installations.
• A new, soon-to-be completed mat ride for The Big Banana in Coffs Harbour. Using AWL’s standard Racer Slide sections the company has created a high thrill dry down-hill Racer slide that makes good use of the Big Banana’s ex snow-slope building. Descending from 17.5 metres , this exhilarating mat ride is expected to provide hours of fun for riders.
• Installation of a waterslide and water features at the Pacific Holiday Caravan Park in Heatherbrae, NSW. AWL were engaged to design and supply and help install a new waterslide and water features in time for summer trading giving the park a great facelift and added attractions.
• AWL have been awarded the contract to design, supply and help install a new KIPS (Kids Interactive Play Structure) and waterslide combining both a fully enclosed Tube and its registered design Reverse-banked Open section for the Murray Bridge Council in South Australia. This much anticipated attraction for the local pool and will provide water fun and exciting rides for all ages. The giant Tipping Bucket will periodically spill into the slide as patrons descend providing great anticipation of getting splashed by the bucket during the decent. The attraction is due for completion this month.
• AWL have also experienced expanding sales with their range of waterslides for domestic pools, installing standard designs or custom site specific configurations.
For more information on Australian Waterslides and Leisure click here to view their entry and contact details in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
Images: Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast's new Super 8 Aqua Racer (top), the soon-to-be completed mat ride for The Big Banana (middle) and one of Australian Waterslides and Leisure's domestic pool slides (below).
6th February 2017 - WET’N'WILD GOLD COAST LAUNCHES ALL TERRAIN DRIVING ADVENTURE
16th February 2016 - UPGRADED NOBLE PARK AQUATIC CENTRE WATERSLIDE DELIVERS SUMMER FUN
23rd January 2015 - NEW WATERSLIDES AND AQUATIC PLAY AREA PROOVES POPULAR AT MOONTA BAY
31st December 2014 - NEW WATERSLIDES OPENED AT TAUPO DEBRETTS SPA RESORT
15th October 2014 - AWL SUPPLY WATERSLIDES FOR DUBBO AQUATIC LEISURE CENTRE UPGRADE
6th August 2012 - AUSTRALIAN WATERSLIDES AND LEISURE LAUNCH NEW WATERPLAY FEATURES
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
The Calgym/Synergy group has had a long and proud history since 1976 as world leaders in the innovation, design and evolution of commercial strength and conditioning equipment. The Synergy group was…read more
Neptune Benson is a manufacturer of high quality water filtration and disinfection products for the recreational, industrial, and municipal water markets. With more than 20,000 installations…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
NovoFit is an exciting and dynamic new company born from two of Australia’s leading commercial fitness equipment suppliers. NovoFit combines over 45 years of industry expertise, delivering state…read more
Aerobic Microphones Australia provides audio products for the fitness industry. Products include the sweat resistant Cyclemic and Aeromic headworn microphones and pouchbelts that are made in…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!