Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
$5.5 million for Queensland tourism and events projects
Queensland’s Regional Tourism Organisations will invest almost $5.5 million in 17 projects that will promote the State’s key events and tourism destinations.
Announcing the successful projects in the annual Contestable Grants Funding Scheme, administered by Tourism and Events Queensland, Queensland Minister for Tourism and Major Events Kate Jones praised Queensland’s Regional Tourism Organisations (RTO) in leveraging local opportunities.
Minister Jones stated "the successful applications focus on marketing, experience development, industry and community collaboration, as well as achieving value-for-money through contributions from regional partners.
“The (Queensland) Government will invest more than $2.8 million in contestable grant funding through this year’s program, which will be complemented by an almost $2.7 million commitment from regional partners.
“Examples of projects include a Gold Coast marketing campaign to increase visitation from key interstate markets such as Sydney and a retail activation in Tokyo to promote travel to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef.
“(We are) committed to growing tourism in partnership with industry and these projects will play a vital role in promoting the state’s destinations, driving visitation, supporting jobs and fostering community pride."
Successful Contestable Grants Funding Scheme projects:
• Brisbane Marketing: World Science Festival Brisbane Project, Greater Brisbane Pathway to Purchase Campaign and Ipswich Australian Tourism Data Warehouse Product Innovation
• Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism: Bundaberg Turtle Experience
• Fraser Coast Opportunities: Australia's Nature Coast Partnership Strategy Implementation
• Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited: Southern Great Barrier Reef Sandstone Stories
• Gold Coast Tourism Corporation: Sydney campaign and It’s Live on the Gold Coast
• Outback Queensland Tourism Association: Outback Mates, New Zealand Drive Market – Outback Queensland Tourism Association and Southern Queensland Country Tourism Collaboration
• Sunshine Coast Destination Limited: New Zealand Vacation Migration
• Southern Queensland Country Tourism: Autumn Campaign
• Townsville Enterprise Limited: It’s Live in Townsville North Queensland
• Tourism Tropical North Queensland: Tropical North Queensland Domestic Campaign 2015/16 'Beyond Paradise', Cairns and Great Barrier Reef Pop-up Shop – Japan and Race to the World Championships
• Whitsundays Marketing & Development Ltd: Whitsundays True Colours - Australian Geographic Partnership
1st July 2015 - SUNSHINE COAST SEES 9.2% INCREASE IN DOMESTIC VISITORS
15th June 2015 - NEW CAMPAIGN TO BOOST TOURISM IN OUTBACK QUEENSLAND TOURISM
24th June 2014 - QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT FUNDS TO BOOST REGIONAL TOURISM
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
PROVEN BUSINESS CONCEPTS WITH XBODY XBody’s goal is to see you and your EMS business succeed. That is why we don’t just sell equipment, we provide know-how, expert knowledge,…read more
Perfect Gym Solutions is a software as a service (SaaS) solution purpose-built to service the fitness industry, with over 1000 clients servicing over 2 million gym members across 40 countries making…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!