Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
$5.5 million for Queensland tourism and events projects
Queensland’s Regional Tourism Organisations will invest almost $5.5 million in 17 projects that will promote the State’s key events and tourism destinations.
Announcing the successful projects in the annual Contestable Grants Funding Scheme, administered by Tourism and Events Queensland, Queensland Minister for Tourism and Major Events Kate Jones praised Queensland’s Regional Tourism Organisations (RTO) in leveraging local opportunities.
Minister Jones stated "the successful applications focus on marketing, experience development, industry and community collaboration, as well as achieving value-for-money through contributions from regional partners.
“The (Queensland) Government will invest more than $2.8 million in contestable grant funding through this year’s program, which will be complemented by an almost $2.7 million commitment from regional partners.
“Examples of projects include a Gold Coast marketing campaign to increase visitation from key interstate markets such as Sydney and a retail activation in Tokyo to promote travel to Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef.
“(We are) committed to growing tourism in partnership with industry and these projects will play a vital role in promoting the state’s destinations, driving visitation, supporting jobs and fostering community pride."
Successful Contestable Grants Funding Scheme projects:
• Brisbane Marketing: World Science Festival Brisbane Project, Greater Brisbane Pathway to Purchase Campaign and Ipswich Australian Tourism Data Warehouse Product Innovation
• Bundaberg North Burnett Tourism: Bundaberg Turtle Experience
• Fraser Coast Opportunities: Australia's Nature Coast Partnership Strategy Implementation
• Gladstone Area Promotion and Development Limited: Southern Great Barrier Reef Sandstone Stories
• Gold Coast Tourism Corporation: Sydney campaign and It’s Live on the Gold Coast
• Outback Queensland Tourism Association: Outback Mates, New Zealand Drive Market – Outback Queensland Tourism Association and Southern Queensland Country Tourism Collaboration
• Sunshine Coast Destination Limited: New Zealand Vacation Migration
• Southern Queensland Country Tourism: Autumn Campaign
• Townsville Enterprise Limited: It’s Live in Townsville North Queensland
• Tourism Tropical North Queensland: Tropical North Queensland Domestic Campaign 2015/16 'Beyond Paradise', Cairns and Great Barrier Reef Pop-up Shop – Japan and Race to the World Championships
• Whitsundays Marketing & Development Ltd: Whitsundays True Colours - Australian Geographic Partnership
1st July 2015 - SUNSHINE COAST SEES 9.2% INCREASE IN DOMESTIC VISITORS
15th June 2015 - NEW CAMPAIGN TO BOOST TOURISM IN OUTBACK QUEENSLAND TOURISM
24th June 2014 - QUEENSLAND GOVERNMENT FUNDS TO BOOST REGIONAL TOURISM
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Solarwise NSW / Dolphin Tech were the first and are the largest Dolphin dealer in NSW with a full service facility and full range of spare parts "on the shelf". We also provide on site…read more
Recreation Management Software for managing all your program registrations, facility bookings, membership pass sales and Point of Sale; including detailed reporting, automated customer communication…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
Gunnebo is a global provider of security and access control solutions and services with sales companies in 31 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia, the Americas and Australia.…read more
AQUASPIN™ - Aqua Cycling Aquaspin™’s sessions have been specially designed by our Master Trainer to be challenging yet fun group cycling sessions. Each session is tailored to…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!