Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
Technogym BIOCIRCUIT solution addresses the flaws of traditional circuit training
Technogym has introduced BIOCIRCUIT, a solution that its says provides the answer to the traditional flaws in circuit training and expands on them with the latest and greatest digital solution. The fully automated circuit guides members throughout their whole workout, not only where to go and how long to work for, but on specific loads related to their calculated one rep max calculator/strength level 1RM, repetition number and tempo, and range of motion.
It also pre-sets the equipment into position based on the individual’s anthropometrics.
Introducing the solution, Technogym advises “imagine a circuit where you just need to login once before working out in a structured program, with equipment that adapts to you.
“A completely guided experience, from station to station, where you never stop, never wait.
“This is Biocircuit”.
BIOCIRCUIT is backed by BIODRIVE technology, derived from aeronautical innovation, which allows the replication of up to seven different resistance types.
This BIODRIVE is able to generate adaptive resistance adjustments in response to movement (such as, position, velocity and acceleration) and with BIOCIRCUIT offering five types of workouts (plus has the potential to customise personal plans) to cater for a variety of needs, ability levels and demographics, it is ideal for sub 30-minute workouts.
Backed by Research
With Perth’s Edith Cowan University having introduced BIOCIRCUIT into their health and fitness facility, they also actively using it as the methodology to conduct their research lead by Professor Robert Newton, Co-Director of the ECU Health and Wellness Institute and Foundation Professor of Exercise and Sports Science.
Georgios Mavropalias, a PhD student interested in the effects of eccentric training on prostate cancer, uses BIOCIRCUIT every day to conduct his research, one involving prostate cancer patients undergoing androgen-deprivation therapy, and a future study involving cancer patients with cachexia.
The primary outcome will be muscle mass and architecture changes following training, which is traditionally very difficult to achieve in cancer patients these populations. However, recent evidence has shown that overloading the eccentric (lowering) phase is the repetition, triggers muscle protein synthesis to a greater degree than conventional resistance exercise.
Among users of BIOCIRCUIT, key findings of its benefits included:
• More than 60% of people agree or strongly agree that BIOCIRCUIT provides them with a complete training solution. This is interesting as the research conducted was on a strength only circuit.
• More than 85% of people agree or strongly agree that BIOCIRCUIT provides them with targeted personal guidance. Value is gained from having a tailored experience, no one is the same so why should people settle for a generalised approach to training?
• More than 85% of people agree or strongly agree that BIOCIRCUIT helps them reach their goals. This suggests that specificity of training is apparent within the circuit and their associated program.
• More than 80% believe this BIOCIRCUIT is challenging, suggesting that the overload principle of training may be sufficient psychologically to keep members engaged and challenged.
• Greater than 85% of people agree or strongly agree that the testing included within BIOCIRCUIT was easy to perform. The tests occur at the start of the program and include range of motion analysis and strength (Isokinetic test). People nowadays want simple and effective solutions.
• Around 80% of members would recommend BIOCIRCUIT to friends. Word of mouth is the most popular and cheapest form of marketing.
• 100% of people enjoyed using BIOCIRCUIT. Positive experiences are very important factors in exercise adherence.
• Around 40% felt that BIOCIRCUIT helps them meet others and develop social skills, another important factor contributing to a complete wellness lifestyle, through positive mental attitudes. Groups can also help to hold people accountable to their goals.
Click here to contact Technogym Australia via their entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
BIOCIRCUIT images courtesy of Technogym.
20th March 2014 - Largest circuit training session world record attempt falls short
26th April 2019 - Study shows wearable fitness technology gets cancer survivors active
2nd December 2020 - Australian Institute of Fitness predicts top industry trends for 2021
17th November 2020 - AIF renews and strengthens partnership with Les Mills Asia Pacific
9th November 2020 - Technogym’s global campaign to promote exercise gets underway
12th August 2020 - Technogym launches new outdoor fitness concept
21st July 2020 - Technogym’s Nerio Alessandri says ‘gyms are safe’
2nd April 2020 - Partnership announced between Technogym and IRONMAN
6th December 2019 - Undercard fitness boutique challenges clients with Technogym Skillmill
24th April 2019 - Technogym showcase new CLUB 4.0 concept
3rd April 2019 - Technogym movement campaign attracts record participation
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
SPORTENG specialises in the Planning, Design and Construction inspection of Fields of Play for all sports. Blending engineering with the specialist knowledge gained from working closely with sport…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
ICP is an Australian-based company focused on indoor climbing. ICP will manage your project from initial design to completion and beyond, whether you're building an international-level climbing…read more
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!