At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
Public voting opens for Australia’s Favourite Event
With the contest on to find Australia’s Favourite Event, anyone in Australia with an email address can cast a vote as the Australian Event Awards seek to determine the country’s most loved event.
31 events across the nation are vying to be crowned Australia’s Favourite Event after being selected by the panel of industry experts on the Event Awards judging panel.
All the nominees are public events held in Australia between 1st July 2014 and 30th June 2015.
Nominees include major festivals, charity, community, regional and sporting events, conferences and exhibitions.
Nominated festivals include Vivid Sydney 2015, Glow Winter Arts Festival in Melbourne, WOMADelaide, The Perth International Arts Festival and The Falls Music and Arts Festival, Marion Bay in Tasmania.
Sporting events include Australian Open Tennis 2015 in Melbourne, Santos Tour Down Under 2015 in South Australia, and the Tottenham Hotspur FC International Football Tour in New South Wales.
Other nominated events include Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster in Western Australia, Cisco Live 2015, Australia in Melbourne, the Gold Coast International Marine Expo, La Dolce Italia in Melbourne, the Hawaiian Ride for Youth 2015 in Western Australia and Buskers by the Creek in Queensland.
This is the first year Event Awards judges have been responsible for nominating candidates, lending the traditional public vote a critical seal of approval.
Finalists for Australia’s Favourite Event will be announced on 5th November based on votes cast. The battle for Australia’s Favourite Event will continue for the finalists until voting closes at 9pm on Tuesday 17th November, with the winner announced at the end of the Australian Event Awards that evening at Doltone House, Jones Bay Wharf, Pyrmont, Sydney.
Nominees for Australia’s Favourite Event are:
• Australia’s Favourite Event Nominees 2015
• Adelaide Writers' Week
• Argyle Diamonds Ord Valley Muster, Ord Valley Events
• Australian Open 2015, Tennis Australia
• Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival
• Buskers by the Creek
• Byron Bay Bluesfest 2015
• Chelsea FC v Sydney FC - International Football Friendly, ANZ Stadium & Destination NSW
• Cisco Live 2015, Australia
• Creative Innovation Asia Pacific 2015, Tania de Jong AM and Creative Universe
• Double Shot Coffee Fiesta 2015, City of Unley
• The Falls Music & Arts Festival, Marion Bay
• Freedom Ride 1965 (50th Anniversary), The University of Sydney
• Glow Winter Arts Festival, City of Stonnington
• Gold Coast International Marine Expo
• Grow by ANZ: The Keith Urban Experience & Jam Slam, Belle Laide Events
• Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour: Aida, Opera Australia
• Hawaiian Ride for Youth 2015, Youth Focus
• La Dolce Italia, Eventcepts
• Medibank Wave Warriors Junior Challenge
• Mumbrella360 & Mumbrella Awards, Focal Attractions
• PAX Australia
• Perth International Arts Festival Presents The Giants
• The Royal Agricultural & Horticultural Society of South Australia's 175th Gala Celebration
• SA Hiking Challenge, The Jodi Lee Foundation
• Santos Tour Down Under 2015
• Taste of Sydney 2015, Brand Events Australia
• Tottenham Hotspur FC International Football Tour, ANZ Stadium & Destination NSW
• Toyota Oh What A Feeling! Live, George P. Johnson Australia
• Vivid Sydney 2015, Destination NSW
• WOMADelaide 2015
Anyone in Australia with an email address can cast a vote for Australia’s Favourite Event by heading to www.eventawards.com.au
Images: Vivid Sydney 2015 and Byron Bay Bluesfest 2015.
16th September 2015 - 2015 AUSTRALIAN EVENT AWARDS FINALISTS ANNOUNCED
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
Felton Industries is Australia’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality outdoor furniture and has been supplying premium seating solutions for all sporting, commercial, community…read more
ProSlide is the global leader in water ride design and manufacturing, supplying high-performance water attractions to new and expanding water parks around the world. For over three decades, ProSlide…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…read more
TPEC Pool Enclosures provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing residential, local government…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!