Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 25 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
Live Performance Australia issues advice on children in the entertainment industry
Live Performance Australia (LPA) has issued new guidance for entertainment industry organisations and businesses that that employ children, cater to young audiences, use children for promotional purposes or have any other form of direct interaction with children.
Mindful that organisations that directly interact with children as part of their business activities have a responsibility to minimise the risk of children experiencing harm and care for their well-being, LPA’s Guide to Child Safety in the Live Performance Industry provides best practice guidance for:
• Implementing child safe standards
• Developing child safe policies and procedures
• Creating a child safe organisational culture and environment
The Guide applies to organisations in the live performance industry that engage or interact with children as part of their business activities. This includes:
• Casting children in a production (child performers)
• Attendance of and interacting with child audience members
• Providing instruction to children as part of a class/program/workshop
• Using photos of children for media and promotion
• Using children for professional promotional material (photography, voice-overs, film commercials)
• Internships or work experience
• Any other form of direct interaction with children as part of the organisation’s business activities.
The Guide includes example child safe policies and procedures for live performance organisations:
• Child Safe Policy and Commitment to Child Safety
• Code of Conduct – Employees
• Code of Conduct – Supervision of Children
• Policy on Exposure to Adult Themes
• Policy on Auditions and Casting
• Policy on Using Images of Children
• Complaints and Reporting Procedure
Click here to view LPA’s Guide to Child Safety in the Live Performance Industry.
Image: Matilda The Musical uses many child actors.
1st December 2016 - LIVE PERFORMANCE INDUSTRY REVENUES FALL BY 6.7% IN 2015
2nd March 2015 - SYDNEY STORM DISRUPTS GOOD LIFE AND SOUNDWAVE FESTIVALS
28th January 2014 - BALLET SCHOOLS RAISE THE ‘CHILD SAFE’ BAR
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
PulseTec Solutions is a leading provider of software systems and solutions to the health and fitness industry for more than a decade. Our key products and services include ClientConnect studio and…read more
TRP help health clubs, leisure centres and gyms across the globe create happy, loyal members through our user-friendly software which enables effective engagement and the delivery exceptional customer…read more
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!