IHRSA 2021 ignites fitness industry comeback
With its 2020 event having not been held, the International Health, Racquet and Sportclub Association (IHRSA) has advised that its IHRSA 2021 event celebrated the fitness industry’s revival.
Based in Dallas, Texas, USA, the hybrid event, held from 13th to 15th October, the event welcomed thousands of health and fitness industry professionals.
At what was IHRSA’s 40th anniversary International Convention and Trade Show, for the first time ever, attendees were able to join in-person or virtually to attend education sessions presented by industry experts, network, socialise with other fitness professionals, and experience cutting edge fitness industry equipment and technology in the exhibit hall.
Commenting on the success of the event, IHRSA President and Chief Executive, Liz Clark stated “it was great to meet so many industry leaders in person.
“They not only showed their commitment to the industry by being in Dallas, they came eager to learn and everyone greeted me with smiles and showed their genuine appreciation for all IHRSA has done to help the industry recover. It was amazing to receive such a warm welcome and experience firsthand what being part of the IHRSA family means to our members.”
IHRSA 2021 achievements
• Despite many travel restrictions, nearly 4,000 health club operators, suppliers, and fitness industry professionals travelled to Dallas to attend IHRSA 2021 in-person.
• The Trade Show, with 220 exhibitors, showcased a wealth of new products, services, and solutions throughout the two-day Trade Show and early morning workouts. Exhibitors were pleased with turnout and consistently highlighted the high quality conversations with key decision makers and buyers.
• Attendees had access to over 100 education sessions, networking opportunities, exercise classes, and, new this year, IHRSA Skill Workshops, SPARK! Sessions, and special events like Talks & Takes, sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions, and the IHRSA Think Tank.
• People were excited to share their experience on social, posts tagging IHRSA and using the #IHRSA2021 received more than 110,000 social media impressions, reaching nearly 75,000 people.
• Keynote presentations from Diana Kander (sponsored by ABC Fitness Solutions), Dr. Kenneth Cooper (sponsored by MXMetrics), and Scott Stratten (sponsored by Matrix Fitness) were live-streamed.
• The 12th Annual IHRSA Women’s Leadership Summit (sponsored by Club Automation, Motionsoft, and CSI Spectrum) was headlined by Tiffany VanDeMark, founder & CEO of VanDeMark Partners.
• The IHRSA Foundation VIP Reception (sponsored by Glofox, NASM / AFAA and Welld Health) brought the IHRSA Board of Directors and many industry leaders together to network and learn about the many important projects the IHRSA Foundation has embarked on over the past two years.
• The Annual IHRSA Financial Panel moderated by Rick Caro focused on A Financial Perspective On The Return of The Fitness Industry and featured a distinguished panel of Wall Street experts.
2021 Award Recipient
IHRSA debuted debuted the Jim Worthington Advocate of the Year Award at IHRSA 2021. After the pandemic’s impact, advocacy and public policy are now, rightfully, at the forefront of IHRSA and its advocacy arm, the National Health & Fitness Alliance. This new annual award recognizes an individual who sacrifices and takes risks to advocate for the fitness industry and keep the fight going. This year, IHRSA honoured the man who inspired the creation of this award, Jim Worthington of the Newtown Athletic Club in Pennsylvania, USA.
IHRSA 2022 will take place from 22nd to 24th June next year in Miami, Florida, USA.
Click here for event details for IHRSA 2022 in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Images: Recently appointed IHRSA President and Chief Executive Liz Clark addressed the more than 3,600 in-person and online attendees on the first day of IHRSA 2021 (top) and scenes from the exhibit hall (middle and below).
20th October 2021 - 2021 Global Report reveals key trends for the new fitness landscape
18th October 2021 - New virtual fitness business resource hub aids industry decision makers
7th October 2021 - Les Mills launches new omnichannel fitness platform
6th October 2021 - Women in Fitness Association announces inaugural graduates of Academies
12th September 2021 - How confident can fitness businesses be in AI predictions?
2nd September 2021 - IHRSA partners with Australia’s Fitness and Recreation Industry Technology Summit
30th August 2021 - IHRSA 2021 Convention goes hybrid
11th August 2021 - IHRSA and Mindbody collaborate to support fitness studio operators
12th June 2021 - IHRSA appoints its first female Chief Executive
8th June 2021 - ChinaFit and IHRSA reveal strategic partnership
3rd May 2021 - IHRSA shares updates on United States’ GYMS Act
22nd November 2020 - IHRSA survey highlights users’ sentiments on the essential role of fitness clubs
27th April 2020 - Global Fitness Business Women’s Leaders Virtual Event launched
6th March 2020 - IHRSA publication seeks Fitness Industry support for Global Goals
22nd January 2020 - SportsArt named as IHRSA 2020 Associate Member of the Year
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
ABOUT Again Faster is a Brisbane based, Australian owned supplier of strength and conditioning and functional fitness equipment. With nearly 10 years experience in the Australian market, we are…read more
Whether your goal is increasing your centre's revenues or creating an engaging environment, why not add play to your project? If you're looking for stylish aquatic play features, kid-tested…read more
Quayclean are a national cleaning and waste services partner with proven results in the understanding and delivery of cleaning needs and challenges faced by facilities including; major venues and…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
@leisure is a team of experienced leisure, aquatic and sports facility managers and planners, with market modelling, sports management, recreation planning, business and GIS qualifications. We have…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 30 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
TPEC Pool Enclosures provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing residential, local government…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!