METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
2018 Stadium and Arena Congress to address fan experience and digital opportunities
Enhancing the fan experience and revenue generation opportunities through digital transformation and venue design are to be the key themes of the Australia and New Zealand Stadium and Arena Congress being held at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium from 17th to 19th October.
Drawing on expertise in staging the annual World Stadium Congress, organiser IQPC advise “state governments across Australia are investing heavily in new stadium and arena infrastructure in response to growing attendance numbers and to bring existing venues into the digital age.
“The smart stadiums of 2020 and beyond will ensure a heightened fan experience, improved security, and increased revenue generation opportunities as owners and operators embrace advancements in technology to deliver super-connected venues that will take the live experience to the next level.”
Confirmed speakers include:
• Viacheslav Alekseev, Head of Planning and Operational Readiness, 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ Local Organising Committee & 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
• Alastair Richardson, Director, COX Architecture
• Patrick Talty, General Manager, US Bank Stadium Minnesota
• Damian Bush, Senior Director, Venues and Event Management, Singapore Sports Hub
• Jonas Dijan, Venue Manager, Stade de France
• David Greaves, Chief Financial Officer, Hong Kong Rugby Union
• Mike McKenna, Chief Executive, Optus Stadium, Perth
• Andrew Butterfield, acting Assistant Director State Facilities, Major Projects Group, Sport and Recreation Victoria
• Lee Ross, Risk and Safety Manager, Tennis Australia
• Simon Gorr, Head of Infrastructure, AFL
• Peter Wearne, General Manager - Facilities, Melbourne Cricket Ground
• Daniel Ringland, Head of Oceanic Esports, Riot Games
• Dominic Remond, Chief Executive, Gfinity Esports Australia
• Rohan Sawyer, Managing Director, Event Sports & Entertainment (ESE)
• Paul Doorn, Chief Executive, VenuesNSW (ANZ and New Western Sydney Stadium)
• Luke Mason, Group Manager, State Facilities & Major Projects, Sport and Recreation Victoria (DHHS)
• Kerry Peterson; Deputy Director General; Queensland Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
• Nicole Smyth, Membership and Fan Engagement Manager, Sydney Roosters
• Andrew Colling, Vice President/Director for Sport - Asia & Australia, HKS
• Shane Stoddard, General Manager Commercial, ANZ Stadium
• Gregory Metzger, Regional Manager, First 5 Minutes
Being held for the third year, the ANZ Stadium and Arena Congress has been developed to provide a holistic industry perspective with insights from a wide range of industry stakeholders, including: governments, owner/operators, project managers and hirers.
Early bird registrations close on Friday 7th September 2018.
Click here to view event details for the Australia and New Zealand Stadium and Arena Congress in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Image: Arsenal FC and Western Sydney Wanderers at ANZ Stadium in July last year.
Article amendment. Earlier promotion for the Congress indicated that a representative of Suncorp Stadium would be a speaker at the event. This is not the case. 26th August 2018.
5th February 2018 - eSports arenas to be launched in Hoyts cinemas
11th October 2017 - Study to investigate fans’ real stadium experiences
14th September 2017 - Key Stadium and Arena learnings to be presented at October Congress
21st July 2017 - NSW Government releases ‘Commerciality Framework’ for stadia
5th May 2016 - World Stadium Congress to explore event venue legacies
23rd December 2015 - World Stadium Congress to draw venue industry to Qatar
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!