SICO is at the forefront in innovative mobile folding and rolling, space efficient tables, stages, dance floors and many other products which help our customers optimise their use of space. Image…read more
2018 Stadium and Arena Congress to address fan experience and digital opportunities
Enhancing the fan experience and revenue generation opportunities through digital transformation and venue design are to be the key themes of the Australia and New Zealand Stadium and Arena Congress being held at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium from 17th to 19th October.
Drawing on expertise in staging the annual World Stadium Congress, organiser IQPC advise “state governments across Australia are investing heavily in new stadium and arena infrastructure in response to growing attendance numbers and to bring existing venues into the digital age.
“The smart stadiums of 2020 and beyond will ensure a heightened fan experience, improved security, and increased revenue generation opportunities as owners and operators embrace advancements in technology to deliver super-connected venues that will take the live experience to the next level.”
Confirmed speakers include:
• Viacheslav Alekseev, Head of Planning and Operational Readiness, 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ Local Organising Committee & 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics
• Alastair Richardson, Director, COX Architecture
• Patrick Talty, General Manager, US Bank Stadium Minnesota
• Damian Bush, Senior Director, Venues and Event Management, Singapore Sports Hub
• Jonas Dijan, Venue Manager, Stade de France
• David Greaves, Chief Financial Officer, Hong Kong Rugby Union
• Mike McKenna, Chief Executive, Optus Stadium, Perth
• Andrew Butterfield, acting Assistant Director State Facilities, Major Projects Group, Sport and Recreation Victoria
• Lee Ross, Risk and Safety Manager, Tennis Australia
• Simon Gorr, Head of Infrastructure, AFL
• Peter Wearne, General Manager - Facilities, Melbourne Cricket Ground
• Daniel Ringland, Head of Oceanic Esports, Riot Games
• Dominic Remond, Chief Executive, Gfinity Esports Australia
• Rohan Sawyer, Managing Director, Event Sports & Entertainment (ESE)
• Paul Doorn, Chief Executive, VenuesNSW (ANZ and New Western Sydney Stadium)
• Luke Mason, Group Manager, State Facilities & Major Projects, Sport and Recreation Victoria (DHHS)
• Kerry Peterson; Deputy Director General; Queensland Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games
• Nicole Smyth, Membership and Fan Engagement Manager, Sydney Roosters
• Andrew Colling, Vice President/Director for Sport - Asia & Australia, HKS
• Shane Stoddard, General Manager Commercial, ANZ Stadium
• Gregory Metzger, Regional Manager, First 5 Minutes
Being held for the third year, the ANZ Stadium and Arena Congress has been developed to provide a holistic industry perspective with insights from a wide range of industry stakeholders, including: governments, owner/operators, project managers and hirers.
Early bird registrations close on Friday 7th September 2018.
Click here to view event details for the Australia and New Zealand Stadium and Arena Congress in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Image: Arsenal FC and Western Sydney Wanderers at ANZ Stadium in July last year.
Article amendment. Earlier promotion for the Congress indicated that a representative of Suncorp Stadium would be a speaker at the event. This is not the case. 26th August 2018.
5th February 2018 - eSports arenas to be launched in Hoyts cinemas
11th October 2017 - Study to investigate fans’ real stadium experiences
14th September 2017 - Key Stadium and Arena learnings to be presented at October Congress
21st July 2017 - NSW Government releases ‘Commerciality Framework’ for stadia
5th May 2016 - World Stadium Congress to explore event venue legacies
23rd December 2015 - World Stadium Congress to draw venue industry to Qatar
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
TRP help health clubs, leisure centres and gyms across the globe create happy, loyal members through our user-friendly software which enables effective engagement and the delivery exceptional customer…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
Solarwise NSW / Dolphin Tech were the first and are the largest Dolphin dealer in NSW with a full service facility and full range of spare parts "on the shelf". We also provide on site…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
The Jump Pad is a safe, flat inflatable made in a variety of sizes which can be used indoor or outdoor. From 3mx3m up to a whopping 9mx21m. Markets include Indoor and outdoor playgrounds, schools,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!