BH Fitness, part of the long-standing and iconic bike manufacturer BH Group, is a global leader in fitness equipment for both Commercial and Home markets. The company, with the headquarters based in…read more
Shoalhaven showgrounds among facilities to benefit from bushfire recovery funding
Improving the resilience of four Shoalhaven showgrounds for bushfire and emergency evacuations is among the eight projects to benefit from Shoalhaven City Council having secured $12 million funding through the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Package - co-funded by the Australian and NSW Governments, which will deliver $283 million for bushfire-affected communities.
Council has received funding for the following projects:
- Construction of a fire station for Manyana/Bendalong.
- Improve the resilience of four Shoalhaven showgrounds for bushfire and emergency evacuations.
- Extend and improve the Lake Conjola Fire Station.
- Supporting Lake Conjola tourism access with a new regional boat ramp.
- Design and construct a new Bendeela Reservoir and Fire Water Tanks.
- Provision of a user shared pathway and Bridge on Lake Conjola Entrance Road as a key piece of infrastructure leading into Lake Conjola.
- Upgrade major telecommunication site's resilience to catastrophic events.
- Huskisson Mangrove Boardwalk refurbishment of the current wooden structure built over the mudflats and through the mangroves into a wider and inclusive structure.
Shoalhaven City Council Mayor Amanda Findley notes “Today’s funding announcement will help Shoalhaven City Council fast-track local infrastructure projects that focus on bushfire recovery, response, and preparedness.”
“The funding will support local job retention and creation in bushfire impacted regions, strengthen community resilience and reduce the impact of future natural disasters.”
Other projects funded related to the Shoalhaven include:
- Upgrade and refurbish sections of the PCYC Shoalhaven Club to improve safety and better serve the Shoalhaven community.
- Implement anti-erosion and sediment measures; control weeds; manage fires; provide training; run workshops and build land management contract businesses on public land in the Shoalhaven.
- Implement the Positive Futures recovery program to build resilience, mental health, and networks for bushfire-affected young people and communities.
- Install a microgrid energy infrastructure at Bawley Point and Kioloa.
- Implementation for Anglicare’s Road to Recovery Program as a focused approach to engaging communities across the Shoalhaven, Queanbeyan-Palerang, and New England Local Government Areas.
- Provide practical assistance to regenerate tracts of devasted forest land; regenerate habitats for important species; oversee natural regeneration; reduce fire risk and treat weed incursions, and collect data on forest regeneration and post-fire biodiversity in areas around Milton.
- Establish an Aboriginal-led land management team in Shoalhaven.
Council applied for a number of projects under the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Package.
Projects were identified from a range of sources such as Local and Regional Recovery Action Plans, existing NSW Government programs, and directly from councils.
The Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Package is part of the $4.5 billion bushfire support program co-funded by the Australian and NSW governments.
For more information visit the NSW Government’s website on the Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Package:
Image: Nowra Showground Pavilion Courtesy Shoalhaven City Council.
22nd June 2021 - Shoalhaven holds events and awards to mark NAIDOC Week 2021
4th January 2021 - Shoalhaven sportsfields continue to receive improved lighting
7th December 2020 - New playground and outdoor fitness station unveiled in Shoalhaven
25th November 2020 - Upgrades announced for Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre
4th August 2020 - Shoalhaven City Council launches new facility booking platform
14th October 2019 - 200 solar panels installed on Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre rooftop
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
SimplySwim is a school management solution that helps swimming school owners and managers optimize operations by automating functions such as managing class schedules, billing and…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
TicketSearch is focused on providing businesses, organisations, and venues with affordable, efficient, and powerful self-managed ticketing solutions. The organisation has offices in Australia, New…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!