Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
Perth’s Bold Park Aquatic Centre announces details of reopening with ‘strict attendance guidelines’
Following the introduction of ‘Phase 2’ of the Western Australian Government's easing of Coronavirus restrictions, allowing for limited opening of public swimming pools, the Bold Park Aquatic Centre in metropolitan Perth has announced that it will be re-opening tomorrow (Tuesday 19th May).
Noting that it will operate "under strict attendance guidelines", the Town of Cambridge owned facility has advised that only lap lane use (swimming or walking laps will be permitted at the facility and that all users will be required to telephone the Centre to book a one hour session to access the pool.
Users will be required to enter the Centre, complete their activity in the pool and depart within that hour.
Changing rooms will not be open and lockers will be unavailable, with users required to change at the poolside.
Social distancing will need to be maintained at all times which includes expectations to maintaining a distance of 1.5 metres, wash/sanitise hands regularly, not use the facility if sick, avoid shaking hands and to cover mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
The Centre's full conditions are:
• Bold Park Aquatic will reopen on Tuesday 19th May at 5:30am and will operate as per the following open hours: Weekdays: 5:30am to 6:30pm, Saturdays: 7am to 5pm and Sundays & Public Holidays: 8am to 5pm
• It will be necessary to telephone the Centre (08 9385 8767) to book a one hour session to access the pool. Bookings will not be taken via email.
• You will be required to enter the Centre, complete your activity in the pool and depart the Centre within your one hour session.
• The 50 metre lap pool will only be open to swimmers, allowing two people per lane.
• The 20 metre lap pool will only be open to walkers/very slow swimmers, allowing two people per lane.
• Currently a maximum of two sessions can be booked per week, per person. This may increase if sessions do not fill up.
• An individual can only book on behalf of a maximum of two people, including themselves. Contact numbers will need to be provided for each person to complete the booking.
• Session bookings for the week starting Tuesday 19th May are now open. Bookings will be taken until 5pm on Monday 18th May and then any time on future days within the open hours listed above.
• Session bookings for future weeks will open on the Thursday prior, from 9am.
• If you do not attend your session and do not provide at least 12 hours’ notice of cancellation, no further bookings will be taken within the current phase of restrictions.
• Coaches and spectators cannot book sessions, as their attendance counts towards the maximum allowed patronage and therefore takes up a swimmer’s booking.
• Carers can attend, however they will need to be booked into the session with the person they are assisting.
• Change rooms cannot be used, however toilets will still be accessible.
• Lockers will not be available for use.
• Memberships and visit passes will remain on ‘hold’ under the current restrictions. Visit passes can be taken off ‘hold’ and used where desired for those who book a session/s. This will be done individually upon request.
• Cashless entry only will be allowed, via use of a visit pass or casual entry with payment via eftpos.
• Normal entry fees will apply for casual entry and visit passes, despite the time restricted sessions.
• The access gates will be used for exiting only. Entry tokens must only be scanned at the reception counter upon check-in with a customer service officer.
• The crèche will re-open on Monday 25th May, operating on weekdays 8:30am to 11:30am. Those wanting to use the crèche must advise when booking their swim session.
• Takeaway hot and cold drinks, pre-packaged food and some cakes only will be available from the café and no seating will be available. Purchases need to be made within the booked session.
• The Swim Shop will be open and purchases will need to be made within your booked session. The fitting room will not be available.
• All other facilities and services must remain closed for the time being, including the swim school, group fitness classes and the playground.
8th May 2020 - Western Australia’s Olympic hopefuls return to training
12th December 2015 - Bold Park Aquatic reopens after $12 million redevelopment
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!