The Jump Pad is a safe, flat inflatable made in a variety of sizes which can be used indoor or outdoor. From 3mx3m up to a whopping 9mx21m. Markets include Indoor and outdoor playgrounds, schools,…read more
Ministers take steps to strengthen the integrity of Australian sport
Taking the next steps to strengthen the integrity environment around Australian sport while meeting in Launceston this week, Australia's sport and recreation ministers praised the overwhelming majority of Australians involved in sport, from athletes and coaches to officials and volunteers, who behave with integrity.
Building on the outcomes of their February meeting, the ministers confirmed their willingness to work collaboratively to strengthen and safeguard the integrity of Australian sport.
Ministers endorsed the expanded role of the National Integrity of Sport Unit including more proactive integrity threat identification, assessment and advisory services for sport, and the establishment of the Australian Sports Integrity Network (ASIN)the primary vehicle through which Australian sporting organisations will discuss and coordinate responses to sport integrity issues.
Ministers recognised the work underway to strengthen the registration processes for sports scientists; and progress on the consideration of the criminalisation supplying banned substances. The meeting was also given an update on Australia's participation in international developments to combat match-fixing.
In addition, the Ministers recommended further work on initiatives to help reduce the cost of participating in sport approving further work towards a nationally consistent approach to the regulation of combat sports.
Ministers specifically noted and endorsed progress on the following:
• All Coalition of Major Professional and Participation Sports (COMPPS) member sports agreeing to establish or strengthen their sports integrity units. The National Integrity of Sport Unit (NISU) working with all sports to identify whether an integrity unit is needed and further, to assist non-COMPPS sports in establishing such units where needed through the development of the Sports Integrity Threat Assessment Methodology (SITAM).
• The NISU establishing the Australian Sports Integrity Network (ASIN) to become the primary vehicle through which Australian sporting organisations will discuss and coordinate responses to sport integrity issues.
• The NISU developing probity checking principles to assist sports, and is working with relevant Commonwealth agencies, including the Australian Federal Police and Customs, to produce practical guidelines to assist sports to establish and maintain due diligence and probity checking processes.
• The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) Amendment Bill 2013, passed by the Australian Parliament on 27th June 2013. It contained a number of amendments to strengthen ASADA's investigative powers.
• The NISU is currently examining the complexities around the sharing specific types of information on sporting integrity matters and will provide further advice and recommendations on information sharing protocols on completion of this work.
• The NISU is developing an online education tool that will be available to all sports in coming months. State and Territories have also agreed to examine the expansion of the Play by the Rules program to provide information about illicit and performance enhancing drugs.
• The Australian Institute of Sport has released the Sports Science/Sports Medicine Best Practice Principles.
• ASADA's biological passport program, which is one of the best methods for detecting doping, is now operational.
• State and Territory commitment to the implementation of the National Policy on Match-Fixing in Sport.
• Additional work to protect the integrity of sport at the sub-elite level.
Image: NRL fans at Brookvale Oval, Sydney
7th February 2013 - DRUGS AND CRIME REPORT ROCKS AUSTRALIAN SPORT
8th November 2012 - NEW UNIT TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF AUSTRALIA SPORT
8th October 2011 - NRL TO INTRODUCE IN-HOUSE ANTI-CORRUPTION UNIT?
28th March 2011 - AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT WELCOMES CONSULTATION ON MATCH FIXING
9th October 2009 - AUSTRALIA A TARGET FOR MATCH-FIXING
Support our industry news service
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
As an independent publisher, we need reader support for our industry news gathering so ask that - if you don't already do so - you back us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine and/or our online news.
Click here to view our subscription options.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!