Established in 1994, Ceramic Solutions has excelled at the supply and installation of swimming pool tiles and equipment for the pool and leisure industry, with a focus on the needs of end-users. …read more
Australian Womensport and Recreation Association offers Media Strategy advice
The Australian Womensport and Recreation Association (AWRA) has released an online learning module for sports clubs and associations wanting to develop a public/media relations strategy.
AWRA explain that "a media relations strategy is essential for any organisation seeking to create a profile in the marketplace. This training program is designed to assist in providing a strategic approach to developing a communications strategy."
The widely misunderstood process of media relations is simply explained in a free-to-access 11 module online training resource.
The modules cover:
Module 1 - Objectives: Define your objectives
• What are the objectives of your media campaign
• How to make them measurable
Module 2 - Audience: Identify target audiences
• How to identify your target audience
• What role different audiences play in your campaign
Module 3 - Strategic Plan for traditional channels
• How to develop a strategic plan
• Methods of identifying communication tools for specific audiences
• Selecting the most appropriate tools to achieve your objectives
Module 4 - Defining new channels/Strategic Planning for new channels
• What new media is?
• Definition of new media - the tools
• Why it has become so popular
• Facts around usage
Module 5 - Understanding Traditional Media and its role in a PR strategy
• Defining what is the media
• What traditional media is
• Definition of the different forms of traditional media
• How to work with traditional media
Module 6 - Key Messages
• How to develop relevant key messages
• How to write a media alert and a media release
• How to work with traditional media
Module 7 - Understanding New Media
• what you can do with social media
• new media strategy
• managing the conversations
• campaign examples
• tips and implementing guidelines
Module 8 - Crisis and Issues media management
• How to recognise and identify potential media issues
• Preparing media strategies for dealing with issues
• Action plans for managing a crisis in the media
• Minimizing the negative impact of issues and crises
Module 9 - Implementing and Evaluating the PR Strategy
• How to evaluate or measure whether your campaign has met the initial objectives
• How to ensure whether your initial objectives are SMART specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and timely
• Tools currently used to measure campaign effectives in media including AVE's (what are these?)
• Determining whether your message reached its intended audience(s)
Module 10 - Budgeting
• How to budget for a campaign
• In-house budgeting
• Consultancy budgeting
Module 11 - Reviewing the whole process
• Have you got it all right?
For more information visit www.australianwomensport.com.au/default.asp?PageID=198
18th November 2009 - MIXED RECEPTION FOR CRAWFORD REPORT
17th November 2009 - CRAWFORD: PARTICIPATION, NOT MEDALS, SHOULD BE AUSTRALIA’S SPORTING GOAL
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
Fitness On Demand™ is a market-leading developer of virtual group fitness products. Our innovative video delivery systems offer robust content and a simple-to-use, comprehensive web app. Fitness…read more
Hidroplay welcomes you to the exciting world of children's Playscapes, waterslide's and Water Attractions. Appealing to families, Hidroplay increases patronage in your facility during those…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!