AQUASPIN™ - Aqua Cycling Aquaspin™’s sessions have been specially designed by our Master Trainer to be challenging yet fun group cycling sessions. Each session is tailored to…read more
Auckland Council backs sport and recreation projects with $508,000 in funding
13 organisations across Auckland will receive a combined $508,000 of operational funding as part of Auckland Council’s regional sport and recreation grants programme.
Councillor Penny Hulse, Chair of the Council’s Environment and Community Committee that approved the grants last week, stated “this region-wide investment aims particularly inspire younger Aucklanders to be more physically active and increase affordable and accessible opportunities to do so.
“We want Auckland to continue to be a place where our rangitahi are enabled to take part in sport and recreation.
"We expect the projects approved will result in over 115,000 people getting involved and most importantly having fun.”
• John Walker Find Your Field of Dreams Foundation - $200,000 for Community Swim, fast-moving water WERO programme, Primary Sport, BLENNZ Sport, Youth Leadership Programme, Run/Jump & Throw for Gold, Lift for Gold West/South, and secondary schools water safety initiative
• Auckland Paraplegic and Physically Disabled Association - $18,100 for Junior Disability Sport Inclusion and Diversity programme
• Tuileapa Youth Mentoring Services - $14,900 for a youth basketball programme
• Blind Sport New Zealand Incorporated - $ 10,000 for multi-sport kid’s clubs for blind and low vision youth
• Bowls New Zealand Incorporated - $10,000 for Barefoot Bowls
• North Harbour Softball Association - $18,000 Game Development Programme
• Aktive - Greater Auckland Aquatic Action Plan - $40,000 for Water Skills for Life swimming lessons
• Aktive - He Oranga Poutama - $45,000 for Pouwhakahaere Karapu Māori - building capacity of Māori sports organisations
• Hockey New Zealand - $20,000 for Junior participation programmes
• Community Leisure Management - $25,000 Active Youth Wellness
• Netball Northern - $55,000 for Junior Netball
• New Zealand Golf - $30,000 for Futures golf
• Manukau Auckland Volleyball - $22,000 for Volleyball for fun
Funding will primarily be used for coaching and staff, venue hire, administration costs and equipment.
The Auckland Council Regional Sport and Recreation Grants Programme has been running for four years and has over this time allocated 28 regional grants and distributed over $2 million.
Click here for more information about the successful projects.
Image courtesy of Auckland Council.
29th April 2019 - Auckland Council approves $1.5 million to upgrade sports facility
25th February 2019 - CLM and Recreation Aotearoa agree extension of historic partnership
7th February 2019 - Auckland’s Aktive awarded Governance Mark for Sport and Recreation
28th January 2019 - Aktive Fund boosts opportunities for target populations in Auckland
15th August 2018 - Auckland Council commits to providing more parks and open space
18th April 2018 - New Zealand athletics great Sir John Walker immortalised in bronze
30th August 2017 - CLM announced as key sport and recreation provider in Counties Manukau
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Also at 3 Squill Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148 ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help…read more
Crystal Pools has a solid history of performance on a wide variety of government and commercial projects and is the name behind many of Australia’s most innovative and ambitious aquatic…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 25 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
Ecoline is a highly experienced and skilled company that offers world-first technology in safety, protects the environment and provides a unique and challenging custom-made adventure and educational…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!