PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
General Manager Sports and Events
General Manager Sports and Events
VenuesWest - WA's premier provider of sport and entertainment experiences.
At VenuesWest our vision is to deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences. We take pride in owning and/or operating 14 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only state-of-the-art Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
VenuesWest has an exciting opportunity to lead the delivery of events for WA’s premier provider of sport and entertainment experiences.
The General Manager Sports and Events provides leadership and direction to the people in the Sports and Events branch in procuring and delivering world-class events, other commercial content (sport and entertainment) and catering for VenuesWest’s self-managed venues.
The role is responsible for ensuring our self-managed venues are programmed and delivered to provide safe, compliant and high-quality customer and stakeholder experiences whilst developing and optimising venue usage, increasing patronage and maximizing financial returns.
The role is also responsible to the in-house catering department that services the cafes, events and functions at VenuesWest self-managed venues.
This is a fulltime position, fixed term appointment for a period of 5 years with the possibility of extension. The nature of the role requires weekend and after-hours work as required. Flexible working arrangements will be discussed with the successful candidate including hours of work and working from home.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mount Claremont, mobility will be required between the portfolio of facilities on a regular basis.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Free use of the creche for up to 3 hours per visit (up to 12 hours per week)
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
About the Person
The successful candidate will have high level skills and experience in the procurement, management and effective delivery of sporting and entertainment events including:
- strong relationship building and negotiation skills including experience in negotiating contracts, licenses and agreements to deliver the most beneficial commercial returns to the organisation
- established networks and positive relationships with sport and entertainment content providers;
- a proven track record in the delivery of events (including catering) that are both safe and provide excellent customer experiences and high-level customer satisfaction and patronage results;
- strong people management skills and experience including management of high volumes of event staff including in-house and those engaged through contract arrangements e.g. front of house, security and catering; and
- high level financial management skills and business acumen.
For any further job-related information please contact Peter Bauchop on (08) 9441 8309
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must submit a:
- copy of your current resume and
- cover letter (maximum 4 pages) detailing your skills and experience which demonstrate how you meet the essential capabilities of the position.
- A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF on Jobs WA, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the Jobs WA link. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
- Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disabilities in our workforce.
People with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
VenuesWest will utilise this recruitment process to place suitable applicants in a pool for a six-month period from which fixed-term and permanent appointments may be made.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
We live for media production and global events, providing real-time networks for video, audio, data and communications.read more
Jonas Software operates over 110 independently managed software brands around the world, providing them with the strategic guidance and financial security required to be leaders in their respective…read more
Ticketworx (formerly House of Tickets) is Australia and New Zealand’s foremost ticket specialist servicing some 2,700 clients and producing in excess of 30 million per tickets per annum.…read more
Advanced Aquarium Technologies (AAT) is a world leader in the design, construction, and operation of landmark public aquariums. Led from Queensland, AAT has delivered aquarium projects in over 25…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!