LANDER & ROGERS
|03 9269 9000|
Level 12 - Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Lander & Rogers' Sports Business Group is the leading sports law practice in Australia, representing over 150 national and international sporting bodies. Our clients include international federations, national and state sporting organisations, professional sporting clubs, government sport and recreation departments and sport and recreation facility managers.
We combine specialist legal knowledge with a strong involvement in, and understanding of, the sports industry. Our approach enables us to partner with our clients to understand and resolve any issues affecting their organisation.
Our sport and events law services include:
- drafting and advising on commercial contracts and arrangements;
- event and brand protection;
- development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property;
- betting and integrity;
- corporate governance, constitutions and other board and director issues;
- organisational policies including member protection, inclusion, team selection and more;
- disciplinary matters;
- privacy legislation and the handling of personal information;
- freedom of information applications and decisions;
- competition and league structures;
- domain name registration and protection;
- business name registration; and
- disputes in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
In addition we provide risk management services tailored to your needs - we provide a framework for and facilitate risk management for sporting organisations and major events.
We also keep our clients up to date with regular publications on topical issues relating to sport and events law. Click here to view our latest publications.
Lander & Rogers is a leading independent Australian law firm operating nationally from Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. We have seven main areas of practice and are a principal advisor to many publicly listed and private Australian companies, Australian subsidiaries of global companies, as well as all levels of government.
We provide practical legal advice, along with exceptional client service, and we are renowned in Australia for our down-to-earth and friendly culture.
The AFL needs to make sure its new AFL Women's competition can hold onto fans when the "novelty" starts to dwindle after the first few seasons, according to a speaker at the…read more
Leading sports lawyers Lander & Rogers have named Amelia Lynch as the new head of its Sports Business Group. Recent changes at Lander & Rogers have seen former Sports Business…read more
At a recent briefing for major sporting organisations hosted by Lander & Rogers, Kate Jenkins, Victoria's Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commissioner, stated "treating…read more