Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
VicSport announces Inaugural Women’s Sport Conference
VicSport has announced detail of its inaugural Women's Sport: Inspire - Lead - Succeed Conference, designed to stimulate professionals' thinking via presentations from leaders in sport and business.
Funded by the Department of Planning and Community Development (Sport and Recreation Victoria), the conference aims to provide delegates with a range of strategies to apply to sporting organisations, as well providing opportunities for to identify key focus areas to assist VicSport in setting the agenda for womenâs sport in Victoria for the next five to 10 years.
VicSport has been supporting and advocating in a leadership capacity for womenâs sport and women in sport since May 2008. The conference will cover and provide strategies on a range of topics, including:
• Developing successful cultures in sport;
• Managing workforce flexibility in the 21st century;
• Business communication and negotiation;
• Managing crisis situations;
• Challenging the delivery of sport;
• Respect and responsibility; and
• Research and initiatives.
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
• James Merlino, Victorian Minister for Sport, Recreation and Youth Affairs;
• Angela Pippos, Sport 927;
• Anne Marie Harrison, Victorian Institute of Sport;
• Charles Kovess, Kovess International;
• Mark McAllion, VicSport;
• Nicole Livingston, Channel Ten;
• Allison Tranquilli, WNBL and Australian Basketballer;
• David McAllister, Artistic Director of Australian Ballet;
• Todd Harper, VicHealth;
• Jan Cooper, Respect and Responsibility;
• Sharelle McMahon, Australian Diamonds and Melbourne Vixens Captain;
• James Montgomery, Director Community Sport and Recreation, DPCD;
• Sue Cormack, Chair of the Healthy Eating Advisory Panel & VicHealth Board Member;
• Lois Appleby, former CEO of Tourism Victoria and Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games;
• Sam Lane, Sports Journalist for The Age;
• Mel Jones, Australian female cricketer;
• Emma Sherry, La Trobe University; and
• Tracy Bartram, Womenâs Trust;
The conference promises to be very significant for womenâs sport in Victoria and will attempt to raise the profile of womenâs sport and women in sport and assist in closing the gender gap.
VicSport aims to involve over 200 participants, both male and female, from across the sports and business sector.
The event is followed by an evening Cocktail Party.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
Now TPEC Pool Enclosures - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/tpec-pool-enclosuresread more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. FIT FOR PURPOSE. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!