The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
The world’s top fitness trends for 2011
From a recent global survey of 2,700 fitness industry professionals conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the top trends were:
• Economic upswing which is motivating more individuals to resume their personal training and fitness;
• Added-value wellness services, whereby gyms and clubs hire allied healthcare professionals to look after member's needs;
• Stress reduction through fitness. Gyms and clubs will offer wellness programs with the specific purpose of lowering stress levels;
• Technology becoming a support resource. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will continue to grow in popularity as online motivational support systems;
• Buddy systems will become more widespread as a success-boosting tool;
• Most popular workouts included Boot Camps, Zumba classes and TRX Suspension training;
• Small-group workouts tick the boxes of being sociable, cost effective and good for motivation;
• Youth-based fitness classes and clients will become more prominent due to the increased focus on childhood obesity;
• Corporate wellness will increase, either through in-house personal trainers or discounts and incentives offered to employees;
• The need for elevated professionalism will see fitness facilities becoming more insistent on hiring only employees who hold recognised qualifications.
9th August 2010 - 2/3 OF FITNESS CLUBS RUN AT A LOSS
15th January 2010 - LES MILLS RELEASES ‘FUTURE OF FITNESS’ RESEARCH
18th May 2009 - GYM MEMBERSHIP IS A CASUAL AFFAIR
9th February 2009 - 24/7 FITNESS CLUBS OFFER OBESITY SOLUTION
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
Trisley's Hydraulic Services P/L (THS) are a specialised pool company dealing with all aspects of the commercial swimming pool industry, including the installation and servicing from the smallest…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!