Yellowbox is an Australian technology company that has developed smart locker technology operated through an app with a focus on experience for users and facility managers. Found at Beaches, Aquatic…read more
The world’s top fitness trends for 2011
From a recent global survey of 2,700 fitness industry professionals conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the top trends were:
• Economic upswing which is motivating more individuals to resume their personal training and fitness;
• Added-value wellness services, whereby gyms and clubs hire allied healthcare professionals to look after member's needs;
• Stress reduction through fitness. Gyms and clubs will offer wellness programs with the specific purpose of lowering stress levels;
• Technology becoming a support resource. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will continue to grow in popularity as online motivational support systems;
• Buddy systems will become more widespread as a success-boosting tool;
• Most popular workouts included Boot Camps, Zumba classes and TRX Suspension training;
• Small-group workouts tick the boxes of being sociable, cost effective and good for motivation;
• Youth-based fitness classes and clients will become more prominent due to the increased focus on childhood obesity;
• Corporate wellness will increase, either through in-house personal trainers or discounts and incentives offered to employees;
• The need for elevated professionalism will see fitness facilities becoming more insistent on hiring only employees who hold recognised qualifications.
9th August 2010 - 2/3 OF FITNESS CLUBS RUN AT A LOSS
15th January 2010 - LES MILLS RELEASES ‘FUTURE OF FITNESS’ RESEARCH
18th May 2009 - GYM MEMBERSHIP IS A CASUAL AFFAIR
9th February 2009 - 24/7 FITNESS CLUBS OFFER OBESITY SOLUTION
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Summit Fitness Equipment is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
Over the past 10 years Debitsuccess has been providing expert billing services to businesses across Australia. Debitsuccess is now the largest full service direct debit provider in Australasia,…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
Pricemark supplies a wide range of custom branded membership & RFID access products for the Health & Leisure Industry.read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!