Solar Pool Heating & Swimming Pool Covers since 1974. Sunbather offer an Australian made product which undergoes continual development to enable you to trust in the Sunbather brand. We deliver a…read more
The world’s top fitness trends for 2011
From a recent global survey of 2,700 fitness industry professionals conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the top trends were:
• Economic upswing which is motivating more individuals to resume their personal training and fitness;
• Added-value wellness services, whereby gyms and clubs hire allied healthcare professionals to look after member's needs;
• Stress reduction through fitness. Gyms and clubs will offer wellness programs with the specific purpose of lowering stress levels;
• Technology becoming a support resource. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will continue to grow in popularity as online motivational support systems;
• Buddy systems will become more widespread as a success-boosting tool;
• Most popular workouts included Boot Camps, Zumba classes and TRX Suspension training;
• Small-group workouts tick the boxes of being sociable, cost effective and good for motivation;
• Youth-based fitness classes and clients will become more prominent due to the increased focus on childhood obesity;
• Corporate wellness will increase, either through in-house personal trainers or discounts and incentives offered to employees;
• The need for elevated professionalism will see fitness facilities becoming more insistent on hiring only employees who hold recognised qualifications.
9th August 2010 - 2/3 OF FITNESS CLUBS RUN AT A LOSS
15th January 2010 - LES MILLS RELEASES ‘FUTURE OF FITNESS’ RESEARCH
18th May 2009 - GYM MEMBERSHIP IS A CASUAL AFFAIR
9th February 2009 - 24/7 FITNESS CLUBS OFFER OBESITY SOLUTION
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
Activating skyscapes for tourism, art, leisure and living TouchCloud Global (TCg) is a highly specialised international consultancy, broker and principal, devoted solely to activating and energising…read more
Aerobic Microphones Australia provides audio products for the fitness industry. Products include the sweat resistant Cyclemic and Aeromic headworn microphones and pouchbelts that are made in…read more
Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
Vlocker Pty Ltd has been designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing locker systems worldwide since 1995. Vlocker specialises in providing locker solutions to suit client requirements in…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!