SGL is an innovative and progressive lifestyle, leisure and community consulting practice, operated by Phillip Gray and active since 1988. SGL has undertaken an extensive range of sport,…read more
The world’s top fitness trends for 2011
From a recent global survey of 2,700 fitness industry professionals conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the top trends were:
• Economic upswing which is motivating more individuals to resume their personal training and fitness;
• Added-value wellness services, whereby gyms and clubs hire allied healthcare professionals to look after member's needs;
• Stress reduction through fitness. Gyms and clubs will offer wellness programs with the specific purpose of lowering stress levels;
• Technology becoming a support resource. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will continue to grow in popularity as online motivational support systems;
• Buddy systems will become more widespread as a success-boosting tool;
• Most popular workouts included Boot Camps, Zumba classes and TRX Suspension training;
• Small-group workouts tick the boxes of being sociable, cost effective and good for motivation;
• Youth-based fitness classes and clients will become more prominent due to the increased focus on childhood obesity;
• Corporate wellness will increase, either through in-house personal trainers or discounts and incentives offered to employees;
• The need for elevated professionalism will see fitness facilities becoming more insistent on hiring only employees who hold recognised qualifications.
9th August 2010 - 2/3 OF FITNESS CLUBS RUN AT A LOSS
15th January 2010 - LES MILLS RELEASES ‘FUTURE OF FITNESS’ RESEARCH
18th May 2009 - GYM MEMBERSHIP IS A CASUAL AFFAIR
9th February 2009 - 24/7 FITNESS CLUBS OFFER OBESITY SOLUTION
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
Fitness On Demand™ is a market-leading developer of virtual group fitness products. Our innovative video delivery systems offer robust content and a simple-to-use, comprehensive web app. Fitness…read more
Vlocker Pty Ltd has been designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing locker systems worldwide since 1995. Vlocker specialises in providing locker solutions to suit client requirements in…read more
Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!