Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
New Oracle Hospitality research shows fan activity at major sporting events
More than 40% of sports fans worldwide abandoned concession lines in the past 12 months, without making a purchase, because of excessive waiting, according to a new report from Oracle Hospitality Sports and Entertainment
The research report The Fan Experience: Changing the Game with Food and Beverage, published in partnership with Turnkey Intelligence, an industry-leading market research provider surveyed more than 3,500 sports fans in eight countries – Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom and United States – and focused on uncovering their top priorities.
Most importantly, the survey aids venue operators by identifying ‘pain points’ and solutions designed to trigger greater attendance and spark sales.
Key statistics from the report showed:
• 45% of fans had abandoned concession lines at least once in the past 12 months without making a food/beverage purchase because the wait was too long.
• 64% of fans who said they would “probably use” or “definitely use” in-seat ordering if available at their stadium (non-users).
• 65% of fans who acknowledged that buying food & beverage is based on “impulse.”
• 51% of fans indicated they attend matches to support an individual team or club; 49% indicated attending sporting events is a fun, social activity with friends or family.
• Other than in the USA, the average fan spent 18 Minutes in line at concession stands during events.
• 56% of fans who said they would “probably use” or “definitely use” a mobile app to order and pre-pay for food or beverages to be picked up at an express line.
• $20 Amount that US fans, on average, said they would spend additionally for food & beverage if wait times were cut in half. That represents a 42% increase in typical expenditure (per party, per game).
• 25% of fans had downloaded a mobile app from a specific team or venue.
• 67% of fans said they do not currently own a season ticket or membership plan for an individual team.
• 71% of season ticket holders stated they make F&B purchases at most games.
• 20% of fans who stated they are a member of a stadium or team’s loyalty rewards program.
• 55% for food, 53% for beverage of infrequent purchasers who said cost deters them from purchasing more food and beverage respectively.
Click here to download The Fan Experience: Changing the Game with Food and Beverage.
Click here to contact Oracle via their entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
30th June 2016 - UPTIX LAUNCHES IN AUSTRALIA AT SPORTS FAN SUMMIT
27th June 2016 - RESEARCH SHOWS SPORTS FANS FED UP WITH STADIUM FOOD
29th February 2016 - INNOVATION THE SECRET TO SUCCESS AT THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN OPEN
23rd June 2015 - WILLIAM ANGLISS INSTITUTE WELCOMES HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT BOOST
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!