TicketSearch is focused on providing businesses, organisations, and venues with affordable, efficient, and powerful self-managed ticketing solutions. The organisation has offices in Australia, New…read more
Macquatics Training dedicated to improving the quality of swim centre management
With 35 years of experience in the aquatics and recreation industry, John McKenny’s Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training provides training in-swim centre operations, supervision and management.
McKenny, whose experience includes leasing and managing swim centres, as well as training and providing advisory services and providing onsite training to swim centres throughout Australia and New Zealand, provides training in swim centre operations, supervision and management.
He explains “the idea of providing swimming pool training on-site is now regarded as the most effective and affordable method of having staff at swimming pools trained and receive a formal TAFE qualification.
“Your organisation could save thousands of dollars with Macquatics On-Site Training coming to you at your swim centre, anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.”
Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training provides:
• On-site swimming pool training to TAFE qualifications standard;
• Distance learning training also to TAFE standards;
• Macquatics Training certificates issued and TAFE qualification organised;
• Swim Centre re-development and upgrade advice;
• Free Advisory Service - e-mail or phone;
• Pool books sold on line;
• Macquatics Training - 'Dedicated to improving the quality of Swim Centre Management';
• Macquatics Training in progress;
• Trainiing in swim centre operations, supervision and management.
Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training covers:
• Water Testing - the how, when, where and why of both pool and incoming water supply testing is discussed, demonstrated and taught to all students, to ensure that they can do all the necessary tests. This is an area of essential competence.
• Water chemistry - informing and not confusing students on what happens to their swimming pool water when the different chemicals are added. Then, how much to add, and especially, how to safely handle all chemicals.
• Chemical Identification - knowing the chemicals, correct labelling, storage, handling and disposal of spilt chemical.
• Active and effective supervision.
• Supervised and careful manual adition of acid.
• Complete swimming pool safety, for both customers and staff.
• Local issues - any concerns students have are discussed.
• Plant and equipment identification, maintenance and operation.
• Swim centre promotion, customer service and accident prevention.
Commenting on the value of his training, McKenny adds “any organisations, local councils and businesses have benefitted from my services over the years.
“The idea of providing swimming pool training on-site is now regarded as the most effective and affordable method of having staff at swimming pools trained and receive a formal TAFE qualification.”
John McKenny is also the author of The Complete Swimming Pool Handbook - revised, published April 2009, and The easy-to-understand Leisure Pool and Spa Handbook.
For more information contact John McKenny of Macquatics Training on 0427 323 133, E: email@example.com
Click here to visit the Macquatics Training website.
Click here to view the Macquatics Training entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
Founded in 1961, Myrtha Pools® quickly became Italy’s première swimming pool company, and has since grown into one of the world's leading swimming pool construction…read more
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. FIT FOR PURPOSE. Based on the Gold Coast, AlphaFit is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Australian gym equipment specifically for the commercial, strength and conditioning,…read more
Our team believes floors should be beautiful, comfortable, and engineered for safety, even when wet. Life Floor tiles meet six unique performance based standards: slip-resistance, impact absorption,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!