iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Macquatics Training dedicated to improving the quality of swim centre management
With 35 years of experience in the aquatics and recreation industry, John McKenny’s Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training provides training in-swim centre operations, supervision and management.
McKenny, whose experience includes leasing and managing swim centres, as well as training and providing advisory services and providing onsite training to swim centres throughout Australia and New Zealand, provides training in swim centre operations, supervision and management.
He explains “the idea of providing swimming pool training on-site is now regarded as the most effective and affordable method of having staff at swimming pools trained and receive a formal TAFE qualification.
“Your organisation could save thousands of dollars with Macquatics On-Site Training coming to you at your swim centre, anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.”
Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training provides:
• On-site swimming pool training to TAFE qualifications standard;
• Distance learning training also to TAFE standards;
• Macquatics Training certificates issued and TAFE qualification organised;
• Swim Centre re-development and upgrade advice;
• Free Advisory Service - e-mail or phone;
• Pool books sold on line;
• Macquatics Training - 'Dedicated to improving the quality of Swim Centre Management';
• Macquatics Training in progress;
• Trainiing in swim centre operations, supervision and management.
Macquatics On-Site Swim Centre Training covers:
• Water Testing - the how, when, where and why of both pool and incoming water supply testing is discussed, demonstrated and taught to all students, to ensure that they can do all the necessary tests. This is an area of essential competence.
• Water chemistry - informing and not confusing students on what happens to their swimming pool water when the different chemicals are added. Then, how much to add, and especially, how to safely handle all chemicals.
• Chemical Identification - knowing the chemicals, correct labelling, storage, handling and disposal of spilt chemical.
• Active and effective supervision.
• Supervised and careful manual adition of acid.
• Complete swimming pool safety, for both customers and staff.
• Local issues - any concerns students have are discussed.
• Plant and equipment identification, maintenance and operation.
• Swim centre promotion, customer service and accident prevention.
Commenting on the value of his training, McKenny adds “any organisations, local councils and businesses have benefitted from my services over the years.
“The idea of providing swimming pool training on-site is now regarded as the most effective and affordable method of having staff at swimming pools trained and receive a formal TAFE qualification.”
John McKenny is also the author of The Complete Swimming Pool Handbook - revised, published April 2009, and The easy-to-understand Leisure Pool and Spa Handbook.
For more information contact John McKenny of Macquatics Training on 0427 323 133, E: email@example.com
Click here to visit the Macquatics Training website.
Click here to view the Macquatics Training entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Welcome to The Pool Enclosure Company (TPEC). We provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing…read more
Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
iDwala is the Community Sports Surface Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
Over the past 10 years Debitsuccess has been providing expert billing services to businesses across Australia. Debitsuccess is now the largest full service direct debit provider in Australasia,…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!