iDwala is the Community Sports Facility Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
Industry leaders to address 2015 Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress
Heading to Adelaide for its 2015 edition, this year’s Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress has adopted the theme ‘It’s All About Them: Engaging Our Fans, Patrons and Delegates’.
Being held at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre from Sunday 17th to Wednesday 20th May, the Asia Pacific region’s leading venue management convention will, with in its theme, be addressing key issues of how venues engage with their customers.
Introducing the event, Venue Management Association Asia Pacific (VMA) Chief Executive, Steve Romer stated “following a record breaking 2014 Congress, this year’s Congress will share new and exciting ways to better engage our customers.
“Customer satisfaction is driven by the venue experiences we deliver to our patrons.”
Romer added “the 2015 Congress will challenge traditional thinking around how venue professionals deliver customer experiences and strive for audience engagement.
“It’s been 15 years since we’ve been to Adelaide, and we’re very excited that this year’s destination will play an important role in bringing together the single largest gathering of venue professionals in our region.”
Highlights of this year’s Congress include presentations on:
• International Events and the Importance of World Class Venues;
• Motivating Workforces to Deliver Great Service;
• Technology and the Law;
• Social Media for Mass Gatherings;
• Wi-Fi Infrastructure Investment;
• Race Tracks as Event Venues;
• Quality Access Experiences for Disabled Patrons;
• Engagement of Sports Fans;
• Town Halls (Arenas/Stadia, Conventions/Exhibitions, Performing Arts);
• Overview of Adelaide’s Major Venue Infrastructure Developments;
• Convention & Exhibition Sector Case Studies;
• The Changing Face of Australia’s Security and Threat Levels;
• Live Music Promoter Panel; Trends & Issues in Performing Arts Venues;
• Food & Beverage Trends; and
• Performing Arts Overview.
World-class speakers addressing the 2015 Asia Pacific Venue Industry Congress include:
• John Frost – Managing Director, Gordon Frost Associates
• Richard Andersen – Managing Director, Lighthouse Management
• Michael Brown – Chief Executive, AFC Asian Cup
• Paul Sergeant – Chief Executive, Etihad Stadium
• Daryl Kerry – Chief Executive, ANZ Stadium
• Andrew Daniels – Chief Executive, Adelaide Oval
• Douglas Gautier – Chief Executive, Adelaide Festival Centre
• David Whimpey – Chief Executive, Brisbane Racing Club
• Brenton Wilkinson – Chief Executive, South Australian Jockey Club
• Andrew Travis – Chief Executive, Gold Coast Suns
• Gavin Taylor – Chief Executive, Domain Stadium
• Raelene Castle – Chief Executive, Sydney Bulldogs
• Malu Barrios – General Manager, Sydney Exhibition Centre at Glebe Island
• Milton O’Brien – General Manager, Pirtek Stadium
• Guy Ngata – General Manager, Allphones Arena
• Graeme Kearns – General Manager, Capitol and Lyric Theatres Sydney
• Michael Harrison – Frontier Touring
• Roger Field – Live Nation Australia and New Zealand
• Matthew Lazarus-Hall – Chugg Entertainment
• Tim McGregor – Dainty Group
• Tim Worton – AEG Ogden
• Meg Walker – Melbourne & Olympic Parks
• Geoff Hanrahan – Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
• Leighton Wood – Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
• John Glenn – Adelaide Festival Centre
• Russell Fakira – Melbourne & Olympic Parks
• Katarina Carroll – Commissioner, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
• Craig Sheridan – Superintendent, Commander State Planning Unit NSW Police Force
• Mick Keelty – Former Commissioner Australian Federal Police
• Amelia Lynch – Landers and Rogers
• Gwen Keel – Tompkins Wake Lawyers
• Marty With – Present Company
• Jonathon Barouch – Local Measure
• Melissa Appleby – Allphones Arena
• Don Elford – AEG Ogden
• Brett Saville – Broadcast Media
• Anthony Duffy – Venue Industry Professionals
• Rebecca Barry – Sydney Showgrounds
• Katherine Norman – Arts Centre Melbourne
• Mike Smith – Adelaide Convention Centre
• Sally Arch – Adelaide Entertainment Centre
• Whitney Fitzimmons – ABC TV Presenter
• Richard Wilkins – Entertainment Editor for the Nine Network and Today.
• Simon Darcy – University of Technology, Sydney
For more information click here to view the event details on the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
21st December 2009 - ADELAIDE ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE UPGRADE ON TARGET FOR FEBRUARY OPENING
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Our team believes floors should be beautiful, comfortable, and engineered for safety, even when wet. Life Floor tiles meet six unique performance based standards: slip-resistance, impact absorption,…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!