Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
Fitness Show Sydney to reveal new products to Australia’s fitness market
Returning to the new International Convention Centre Sydney and with a new brand, the Fitness Show is ready to present a range of innovations, with fitness brands ready to display their products for gym owners, instructors, personal trainers and facility managers.
Being held from Friday 28th to Sunday 30th April, fitness products and classes being unveiled at this year’s show include:
• The elliptical trainer gets a makeover: the Elliptical machine is a mainstay on any gym floor and it’s been overhauled by Precor to create their new Experience Series EFX with Converging CrossRamp. The CrossRamp is designed to simulate the normal converging path of motion as a person walks and runs, making exercise feel more natural, reducing knee flexion. The technology also provides ramp inclines from 10 to 35 degrees to target different muscle groups for more workout variety.
• Flip it: Revolutionise your Functional Training with the TireFlip 180 from Eye Fitness. The TireFlip 180 is an innovative new functional training device that gives you all the benefits of tire training in a safe, space saving design. Flip it. Hit it. Step on it. Jump on it! Anything you can do with an actual tire you can do with the Tire Flip 180.
• Training high: Leisure Concepts has taken on the distribution of Altitude Training Systems in Australia and New Zealand. ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, they help all sporting and fitness professionals gain a competitive edge with custom training programs for athletes, from cardiorespiratory endurance to muscular strength and power. Leisure Concepts will have a portable unit on display at the Fitness Show.
• Ride into the future: The new IC7 Indoor Cycle by Life Fitness has some pretty impressive features including a resistance control knob with 100 click increments for total precision and control and an on-board computer screen for live user performance updates. A compact generator at the flywheel also captures the rider’s energy and recharges the bike‘s integrated lithium polymer battery making it self-powered.
• Cold therapy is so hot right now: Cyrotherapy treatments used to be the secret weapon of elite athletes and Hollywood superstars, helping with everything from muscle recovery after training to flattening the stomach and wrinkle reduction. Cryotherapy is about to become far more accessible to the average consumer, with whole body cryotherapy available in pods popping up across the country for as little as $80 a session.
• Burn fat, charge your phone: new Smart spin bikes from Body Bike allow you to charge your phone while you pedal – the harder you ride, the more your phone charges – that’s one way to put your energy to good use!
• Weights meet water: If you like lifting weights and you don’t mind getting wet then why not combine the two? Underwater barbells from Aquastrength allow you to do just that. You can perform a multitude of exercises that focus on dynamic flexibility, upper body, core strength, coordination, balance, rotary stability, power, agility and endurance.
• Kicking the other gyms to the curb: If you like to box then why not go to a gym dedicated to only that? The newest chain of fitness studios to hit the market are kick-boxing themed. 9Round’s fitness program incorporates a functional, interval, cardiovascular and circuit training regimen.
• Get on board: All the movements you do as part of your workout on solid ground can now be done in the pool or on water with less stability with two cool little accessories – either the Boga Yoga board, a floating board to challenge your yoga routine, or the Boga Fit Mat – a floating exercise platform with resistance cords attached for a more challenging workout in the pool.
• Get real. If you know your reformers you know that a solid wood reformer is hard to come by, especially an Australian made one. Thanks to the Australian Pilates Co the search is now over.
• Getting to the core: CORE 9 will be showcasing its new franchise opportunity with a studio workout that offers 9 checkpoints that can be completed in 31 mins, appealing to busy people look for a smart and flexible way to workout.
• Smart scanner. A machine that can tell you what you should eat for your body type? Sounds like science fiction but it’s not. The Evolt 360, a non-invasive, medical-grade scanner that measures more than 40 health parameters in less than a minute, now also offers Macro-Nutrient Profiling. This means you can discover exactly how much protein, fat and carbohydrates you should be eating per day in line with your body type and health and fitness routine and goals.
Australasian Leisure Management is exhibiting at Booth S40 at the Fitness Show.
If you work in the industry, entry is free if you pre-register online before 5pm Thursday 27th April and provide the appropriate identification.
The Fitness Show will also held be at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre from 13th to 15th October and the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre on 21st and 22nd October.
Click here for more information on the Fitness Show in Sydney in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
25th April 2017 - EXHIBITORS LOOK FORWARD TO 2017 FITNESS SHOW
24th April 2017 - SYDNEY TO HOST THE BIGGEST FITNESS PARTY OF THE YEAR
21st April 2017 - TECHNOGYM TO SHOWCASE THE SKILLROW AT THE FITNESS SHOW
18th April 2017 - FILEX 2017 TO PRESENT THE BEST OF AUSTRALIAN FITNESS
9th March 2017 - NEW NAME, NEW FOCUS FOR THE FITNESS SHOW 2017
5th March 2017 - FOUR DAYS OF BUSINESS EXPERTISE TO BE SHARED AT FILEX
4th February 2017 - FITNESS & HEALTH EXPO HEADS TO ICC SYDNEY WITH A NEW LOOK
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as Vivaticket Pty Ltd. Vivaticket is the ideal strategic partner for the organisation and management of your…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
Email for trade enquiries: Enquiriesapac@myzone.org Customer support desk - Click Myzone support or go to ‘help’ on myzone app to access live support. Myzone® is the leading…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!