Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Fitness First opens first Melbourne High Performance Club on Collins Street
Following the success of its high performance clubs in the Sydney CBD, Fitness First has opened its first Victorian High Performance Centre on Collins Street in Melbourne.
Designed through applying insights into the way athletes train and including innovations like the MoveLab where cameras and analysis software record an exerciser’s movements, functions and strength to provide an assessment and customised program, the High Performance Centre on Collins Street marks another milestone in the redevelopment of Fitness First clubs in developing a new generation of clubs with a focus on function and fun.
In introducing the new club, a Fitness First statement explains “we believe anyone can train like an athlete to reach their very best, either to meet their own personal fitness goals or to get an edge in life.
“At the Fitness First High Performance Club we’ll give you this edge.
“Based on exercise science, the club has the power to make you fitter, stronger, faster and leaner.
“Our Performance Coaches will work with you to unlock the benefits of training like an athlete through results focused, trackable, progress driven stages.”
The club offers a range of features including: free weights; ground base Hammer Strength training; Human Sport cable machines; Woodway performance treadmills; Cardio Conditioning; a 20 metre athletic track; high performance strength cages and training equipment; Olympic lifting platforms; group exercise and recovery studios and the MoveLab.
High Performance at Fitness First includes:
• The specially designed MoveLab
• A team of experts on hand to coach, motivate, support and analyse members’ training so theycan continue to progress and achieve your goals
• Assessment options to track performance including: Postural analysis, strength, speed and agility tests; lean muscle mass, bone density and body fat distribution
• Signature High Performance Group Training Classes to deliver you maximum results in minimum time through a range of circuit and strength and conditioning experiences
• Continued access to Group Fitness Classes with a new dedicated Recovery Studio to focus on stretching, release, and reconditioning programs
There are three key elements to Fitness First’s High Performance Centre:
• High Performance Score: All members will receive a score based on a combined score across strength (max and dynamic), condition (speed and agility) and power
• 360° Performance Analysis: A fully integrated analysis across four variables – Biology (body composition, metabolism, bone density), Conditioning (Aerobic Capacity), Strength (max strength & velocity) and Movement measured and recorded in our own MoveLab
• Skills & Drills
• High Performance Circuit
• High Performance Strength
• High Performance Conditioning
• 1 on 1 Personal Training
• Periodised HP Group Training
• 12 Week Program Review
The club is located at Level One, 546 Collins Street, Melbourne.
8th May 2015 - FITNESS FIRST AND REEBOK PARTNER ON FUNCTIONAL FITNESS
19th December 2014 - FITNESS FIRST LOOKS TO INSPIRATIONS FOR GYM GOERS IN 2015
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Geoff Ninnes Fong & Partners (GNFP) is a structural, aquatic and civil engineering consultancy with broad experience in the design of new municipal and institutional swimming pools, hydrotherapy…read more
Track. Engage. Retain GreeneDesk is a suite of cloud based software solutions helping health clubs, leisure centres and swim schools to effectively track progression, improve customer engagement and…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Over the past 10 years Debitsuccess has been providing expert billing services to businesses across Australia. Debitsuccess is now the largest full service direct debit provider in Australasia,…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!