Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Fitness and Health Expos reveal the latest industry innovations
After successfully wrapping up the Fitness & Health Expo in Perth, the fitness industry’s major exhibition is moving on to Sydney and Brisbane in the coming weeks with a range of new local, national and international fitness trends and products set to be unveiled.
Attendees at each of the Fitness & Health Expos can see the latest gym equipment, accessories, exercise classes and gadgets and meet industry leaders and the organisations behind them, including:
• Submerged spin. Aquaspin is a revolutionary fitness technique, which combines the efficient principles of classical stationary indoor cycling (spinning) with the healthy and soothing powers of water. Aquaspin uses the benefits of water buoyancy and resistance to make the exercise motions and sequences gentle yet vigorous.
• Tread on sand. SandTrek brings the beach to the gym by providing a natural walk-on-sand experience to the treadmill surface. User’s feet touch the sand and sink into it giving you the exact experience of running on a beach.
• Jumpstarting fitness routines. For facilities looking to offer a new challenge for their clients, Kangoo Power requires a pair of specially designed bouncing shoes, and offers an exercise class is designed to challenge the whole body by building muscular strength and cardio-respiratory endurance simultaneously. Each movement is designed to focus on core stability, ensuring a balanced workout that will challenge even the fittest. The shoes also help to maximise effort while preventing damaging impact to the joints.
• Friendly fitness tracker. Reign is a new fitness and recovery tracker that intuitively gets to know a user’s body better the longer they wear it. The 'Go-Zone' feature lets users know how ready they are to be active each day and gives a corresponding activity goal. Recovery is just as important, and with this fitness tracker users will know exactly when to smash out a personal best, or tone it down a little with a more realistic goal.
• Protein to go. A protein shake served at the touch of a button is now possible with the new Fuel Your Body vending machines from Quality Vend which will let people choose from a pre or post workout protein drink in their flavour of choice.
• Packaged-up paleo. Home-delivered paleo meals from Fit and Fresh, you can now get your paleo dinner delivered right to your door, fresh not frozen.
• Get uber fit. It’s just like Uber, except instead of connecting customers with a nearby car, this app connects clients to a nearby personal trainer. PT4YOU allows people to book in to their nearest PT, whether they’re in their home town or travelling interstate.
• Workout like a warrior. Persian Yoga was developed millennia ago as a complete, yet simple, physical conditioning system to forge warriors out of ordinary people. It is focused on developing great strength, endurance, flexibility and agility (the usual suspects) as well as other physical skills required by martial artists and warriors, like coordination, rhythm, balance and synchronicity.
The practice of Persian Yoga involves dynamic flexibility postures done in combination with calisthenics in a series of uninterrupted fluid movements on a Shena (Push-up board) and Circular Strength Training with Meels (Persian Clubs) as well as Resistance training with the Sang (Heavy Shields).
Fitness & Health Expo Director Shaun Krenz is pleased with the performance of the four events, stating “at each and every show, we’re discovering more of the latest developments to hit the industry. It’s great to see many locally born innovations this year as well.
“New technology and novel new ideas will make for two very interesting Expos in Sydney and Brisbane.”
Event locations and dates are:
Sydney Fitness & Health Expo
Friday 16th to Sunday 18th October
Sydney Showground, Sydney Olympic Park.
Open from 11am – 4pm on the Friday and 10am – 5pm on Saturday and Sunday
Brisbane Fitness & Health Expo
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th October
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre.
Open from 10am – 5pm each day
3rd October 2015 - QFIT 2015 SET TO BRING QUEENSLAND’S FITNESS INDUSTRY TOGETHER
11th April 2014 - VENDING GOES HEALTHY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
Mattioli provides award winning painting, flooring and waterproofing services to the aquatics and recreation sector. We’re recognised as the leading contractor in the industry with award-winning…read more
Tim Batt Water Solutions are at the very forefront of the commercial aquatic business in Australia, with over 30 years specific experience supplying and installing chemical control and dosing…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
Les Mills Asia Pacific Les Mills Asia Pacific (LMAP) have been setting the benchmark for providing professional fitness solutions across Australia and South East Asia since 1996. Our world renowned…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!