SKC Operations Pty Ltd (SKCorp) is an expert retail and marketing services team specialising in sports, leisure, aquatics, fitness, health, wellness & recreation industry. Using proven…read more
Australian Music Week to be a five-day celebration of live music
A new music and live performance conference and festival, Australian Music Week, is being billed as a five-day celebration of live music and showcase of Australian and international talent.
To be held in and around the southern Sydney beachside suburb of Cronulla from 18th to 22nd November, the event will combine a new festival, music industry conference and artist showcase.
The event will be held at various venues in Cronulla, culminating in the Hi Fi Days Festival at Gunnamatta Park on Sunday 22nd November.
The event is the brainchild of Brass Monkey owner Geoff Trio who describes it as a summit for music industry executives, recording professionals, artists and music lovers.
Introducing the event, Trio told local newspaper the St George & Sutherland Shire Leader "it is all about getting music industry people together to discuss the current state of the industry and where it is moving forward to (and its also) a chance for young Australian bands to showcase themselves.
"We aim to have up to 110 artists, Australian and international, appearing at various venues at Cronulla including Brass Monkey, Sting Bar, JDs Bar and Grill, and El Sol.
"The idea is to take this event to the world stage and sit alongside events such as SXSW in Texas, CMJ in New York and Canadian Music Week in Toronto."
The festival, which aims to bring together all musical genres including pop, rock, blues and folk, will be a mix of free and ticketed events. Several free stages will be set up around Cronulla CBD.
The conference part of the event will include panel, masterclass and networking sessions lead by some of the most successful and influential people in the business.
An Australian Music Week spokesperson added "each evening we’ll be showcasing Australia's most promising up and coming talent, who’ll have the opportunity to play live in front of top music industry professionals.
"The live showcases are also open to the pubic, so any music lover will able to purchase a single ticket and gain access to multiple venues."
Organisers have also partnered with SoundsLikeCafe (SLC) for a series of acoustic showcases.
SLC are responsible for servicing music from the likes of Norah Jones, Sam Smith and The Kooks to cafes around Australia, with a history of running and curating stages at festivals such as Peats Ridge and Sydney Blues and Roots Festival, too.
SLC Managing Director Marshall Cullen states "teaming up with such a worthy and long overdue event is a perfect fit for SoundsLikeCafe.
"It seems like every other city has a consistent yearly music event of this nature and the AMW folk should be applauded for putting on such a great event that will benefit the local music community as well as the wider national music industry."
Speakers at the event include:
• Andy Cassell - Ivy League Records
• Basil Cook - ABC Music
• Ben Tillman - Yours & Owls
• Chloe Goodyear - Woodford Folk Festival
• Chrissie Vincent - Chrissie Vincent Publicity & Management
• Damien Costin - 123 Agency
• Don Elford - AEG Ogden
• Edwin Tehrani - New World Artists
• Evan Davis - Village Sounds
• Geoff Trio - Code One/Indica Australia
• Greg Carey - Umbrella
• Gregg Donovan - Wonderlick
• Hazel Savage - Moment Media
• Iain Shedden - The Australian
• Jess Beston - Tiny Monster
• Johann Ponniah - I OH YOU
• John Wardle - Live Music Office
• John Zucco - The Right Profile
• Karen-Lee Goody - Entertainment Consulting
• Katie Rynne - Select Music
• Keith Welsh - Velocer Music
• Lachlan Mitchell - Jungle Studios/Attic Studios/Know The People
• Larry Heath - The AU Review
• Leigh Treweek - The Music
• Leon Harrison - The Lazys
• Luke Girgis - Be Like Children
• Maggie Collins - Fans Creative Management
• Marshall Cullen - Damien Gerard/Foghorn Group
• Matt O'Connor - The A&R Department
• Neal Hunt - Sureshaker
• Nick Findlay - triple j
• Nick Yates - UNFD
• Nik Tropiano - Shake Appeal/Know The People
• Rob Cannon - Australian Institute Of Music
• Rob Scott - Scource Music/Indica Australia
• Sam Nardo - Century Venues
• Scot Crawford - PledgeMusic
• Scott Mesiti - MJR Presents
• John Mullen - Dew Process
• Stacey Piggott - Secret Service PR
• Stephen Wade - Select Music
• Steve Griffiths - Top Shelf Productions
• Stuart Coupe - Laughing Outlaw Records
• Ted Gardner - Cross Section
• Troy Barrott - Hub Artist Services
• Vanessa Picken - Comes With Fries
• Yvette Myhill - Association of Artist Managers
For more information click here to view event details in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
13th August 2015 - LIVE MUSIC WORTH OVER $15 BILLION TO AUSTRALIA IN 2014
2nd September 2014 - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY GENERATES RECORD $1.47 BILLION IN REVENUE
26th March 2014 - LIVE MUSIC VENUES THREATENED BY NEW LAWS AND NOISE COMPLAINTS
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Quayclean are a national cleaning and waste services partner with proven results in the understanding and delivery of cleaning needs and challenges faced by facilities including; major venues and…read more
Leisure Concepts brings the world’s leading fitness equipment brands to Australasia - these include True Fitness, Atlantis Strength, Merrithew (Stott Pilates), Intenza Fitness,…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
Crystal Pools has a solid history of performance on a wide variety of government and commercial projects and is the name behind many of Australia’s most innovative and ambitious aquatic…read more
Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
Aerobic Microphones Australia provides audio products for the fitness industry. Products include the sweat resistant Cyclemic and Aeromic headworn microphones and pouchbelts that are made in…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!