Talk To Us For Independent Advice & Specialised Services We're business people, not sales reps IP HUB is one of Australia’s leading advisors on telecoms for both small businesses and…read more
ARV Conference opens in Melbourne
The 2014 Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV) Industry Conference opens in Melbourne today (27th August).
Being held over three days, until Friday 29th August, at the Melbourne Park Function Centre, the event features a diverse program with a tour of three of Melbourne’s leading aquatic centres today, followed by a conference format on Thursday and Friday.
The conference includes keynote sessions by high profile speakers and strategic and operational streams presented by specialists from all sectors of the industry. There will also be a trade exhibition component and numerous networking opportunities.
Keynote topics include:
• Social Obligations & Benefits of Aquatic, Recreation & Leisure Facilities
• Tim Costello – Chief Executive, World Vision Australia
• Access & Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Good for Business
• Kate Jenkins – Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commissioner
• Sally Jeavons – Director, @leisure Planners
• Kristina Mitsikas – Inclusion & Access Coordinator, Active Monash
• Carol Crofts – Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre
• How Can the Industry Step-Up and Do It Better?
• John Toomey – Global Wellness
Other Sessions Include:
• Long Term Thinking – Managing Service Contracts & Partnerships
• Swim School Operations – Programming, Promoting & Performance
• Human Resources – Attracting, Motivating & Engaging a Changing Workforce
• Asset Management – Maintenance and Budgeting
• Natural Pools – An Alternative Aquatic Experience
• Victoria Police – Working Together to Provide Safer Aquatic & Recreation Facilities
• Program & Business Pricing Models
• Health Wellness & Community Benefits of Aquatic & Recreation Facilities – Practical Outcomes of ARV Research
• 2013 ARV Industry Award Winners – Presentations
With the trade component of the Conference sold out, exhibitors include:
• Links Modular Solutions
• Commercial Aquatics Australia
• Tim Batt Water Solutions
• Ian Coombes Australia
• Maytronics Australia
• Pool Ranger
• Sunbather Pool Technologies
• Pro-Am Australia
• Helicol Solar
• Centaman Systems
And publication partner Australian Leisure Management.
Click here to visit the ARV Trade Exhibition page to see the full list of exhibitors.
To attend contact George Angelopoulos or Taya Phillips of ARV on 03 9271 3800.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Links Modular Solutions are a leading provider of high-quality, innovative software solutions for leisure facilities. Our software suite includes modules such as POS, Classes, Members, Facility…read more
Pico is a global leader in Total Brand Activation. We specialise in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands. Leveraging a track record in experience design that spans half a…read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Ausfit began in 1992, providing software services to the health and fitness sector including ClubWise, a fully hosted web-based product which combines state of the art club management software,…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!