Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
ARV Conference opens in Melbourne
The 2014 Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV) Industry Conference opens in Melbourne today (27th August).
Being held over three days, until Friday 29th August, at the Melbourne Park Function Centre, the event features a diverse program with a tour of three of Melbourne’s leading aquatic centres today, followed by a conference format on Thursday and Friday.
The conference includes keynote sessions by high profile speakers and strategic and operational streams presented by specialists from all sectors of the industry. There will also be a trade exhibition component and numerous networking opportunities.
Keynote topics include:
• Social Obligations & Benefits of Aquatic, Recreation & Leisure Facilities
• Tim Costello – Chief Executive, World Vision Australia
• Access & Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Good for Business
• Kate Jenkins – Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commissioner
• Sally Jeavons – Director, @leisure Planners
• Kristina Mitsikas – Inclusion & Access Coordinator, Active Monash
• Carol Crofts – Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre
• How Can the Industry Step-Up and Do It Better?
• John Toomey – Global Wellness
Other Sessions Include:
• Long Term Thinking – Managing Service Contracts & Partnerships
• Swim School Operations – Programming, Promoting & Performance
• Human Resources – Attracting, Motivating & Engaging a Changing Workforce
• Asset Management – Maintenance and Budgeting
• Natural Pools – An Alternative Aquatic Experience
• Victoria Police – Working Together to Provide Safer Aquatic & Recreation Facilities
• Program & Business Pricing Models
• Health Wellness & Community Benefits of Aquatic & Recreation Facilities – Practical Outcomes of ARV Research
• 2013 ARV Industry Award Winners – Presentations
With the trade component of the Conference sold out, exhibitors include:
• Links Modular Solutions
• Commercial Aquatics Australia
• Tim Batt Water Solutions
• Ian Coombes Australia
• Maytronics Australia
• Pool Ranger
• Sunbather Pool Technologies
• Pro-Am Australia
• Helicol Solar
• Centaman Systems
And publication partner Australian Leisure Management.
Click here to visit the ARV Trade Exhibition page to see the full list of exhibitors.
To attend contact George Angelopoulos or Taya Phillips of ARV on 03 9271 3800.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Also at 3 Squill Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148 ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help…read more
Pico is a global leader in Total Brand Activation. We specialise in engaging people, creating experiences and activating brands. Leveraging a track record in experience design that spans half a…read more
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
Established in 1994, Ceramic Solutions has excelled at the supply and installation of swimming pool tiles and equipment for the pool and leisure industry, with a focus on the needs of end-users. …read more
Digonex is a leading provider of customised dynamic pricing solutions to clients in arts and entertainment, sport, attractions, cultural institutions and retail sectors. Digonex’s technology is…read more
With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!