NovoFit is an exciting and dynamic new company born from two of Australia’s leading commercial fitness equipment suppliers. NovoFit combines over 45 years of industry expertise, delivering state…read more
ARV Conference opens in Melbourne
The 2014 Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV) Industry Conference opens in Melbourne today (27th August).
Being held over three days, until Friday 29th August, at the Melbourne Park Function Centre, the event features a diverse program with a tour of three of Melbourne’s leading aquatic centres today, followed by a conference format on Thursday and Friday.
The conference includes keynote sessions by high profile speakers and strategic and operational streams presented by specialists from all sectors of the industry. There will also be a trade exhibition component and numerous networking opportunities.
Keynote topics include:
• Social Obligations & Benefits of Aquatic, Recreation & Leisure Facilities
• Tim Costello – Chief Executive, World Vision Australia
• Access & Inclusion, Equal Opportunity Good for Business
• Kate Jenkins – Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commissioner
• Sally Jeavons – Director, @leisure Planners
• Kristina Mitsikas – Inclusion & Access Coordinator, Active Monash
• Carol Crofts – Maribyrnong Aquatic Centre
• How Can the Industry Step-Up and Do It Better?
• John Toomey – Global Wellness
Other Sessions Include:
• Long Term Thinking – Managing Service Contracts & Partnerships
• Swim School Operations – Programming, Promoting & Performance
• Human Resources – Attracting, Motivating & Engaging a Changing Workforce
• Asset Management – Maintenance and Budgeting
• Natural Pools – An Alternative Aquatic Experience
• Victoria Police – Working Together to Provide Safer Aquatic & Recreation Facilities
• Program & Business Pricing Models
• Health Wellness & Community Benefits of Aquatic & Recreation Facilities – Practical Outcomes of ARV Research
• 2013 ARV Industry Award Winners – Presentations
With the trade component of the Conference sold out, exhibitors include:
• Links Modular Solutions
• Commercial Aquatics Australia
• Tim Batt Water Solutions
• Ian Coombes Australia
• Maytronics Australia
• Pool Ranger
• Sunbather Pool Technologies
• Pro-Am Australia
• Helicol Solar
• Centaman Systems
And publication partner Australian Leisure Management.
Click here to visit the ARV Trade Exhibition page to see the full list of exhibitors.
To attend contact George Angelopoulos or Taya Phillips of ARV on 03 9271 3800.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
Activating skyscapes for tourism, art, leisure and living TouchCloud Global (TCg) is a highly specialised international consultancy, broker and principal, devoted solely to activating and energising…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
Fitness On Demand™ is a market-leading developer of virtual group fitness products. Our innovative video delivery systems offer robust content and a simple-to-use, comprehensive web app. Fitness…read more
Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!