JASSTECH Solutions are distibutors for the JAYLED LED lighting range of products, developed specifically for harsh Australian environments. Delivering the highest quality performance of any…read more
Territory Operations Manager - ACT
Territory Operations Manager - ACT, Softball Australia
About Softball Australia
Softball Australia is the national governing body for softball in Australia, responsible for the management, coordination, development and promotion of softball, Australia wide. With a thriving community of players, coaches and supportive fans, Softball Australia hosts ground-breaking events and programs, whilst running the high-performance sector of the sport and curating participation from the grass-root levels to elite success.
Softball Australia is embarking on an ambitious and exciting new strategy and as a result, are currently seeking to recruit a Territory Operations Manager in the ACT.
Softball for everybody and inspiring heroes to win on the world stage
To promote and develop a thriving and attractive national sport that builds friendships, community and elite skills to successfully compete. We do well, we do good and we have fun.
Unified – our people and systems work together to participate and perform. We’re accessible. We’re collaborative. We’re inclusive.
Respect – honesty, integrity and fairness guide the way we play, coach and win.
Creative and brave - We are ambitious and embrace new ideas and experiments. We aim to put a ball and glove in everybody’s reach.
Fun – we love what we do.
About the role
As a passionate leader with a love of all things community sport, you will be responsible for the successful delivery and growth of softball in the ACT for the benefit of affiliated clubs, volunteers and members.
The role will drive a shared vision to grow softball throughout ACT communities and will provide leadership to a team of dedicated staff to achieve the strategic objectives of Softball Australia.
The role will collaborate with a team of National office staff to drive strategic objectives and achieve performance measures in line with the National strategy, ensuring key stakeholders such as Softball ACT Board, Government and member clubs are informed and engaged.
We are looking for a self-motivated person who demonstrates a passion for community sports with strong leadership skills.
As an individual you are a creative thinker, highly ambitious, and have a keen interest in the future of sport.
Ideally you will have
- Experience in delivering operational outcomes aligned to a broader strategy;
- Experience in developing and implementing participation and development programs in sport, leisure, recreation or similar;
- Experience on an association or club committee;
- High level communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to present information to groups of people;
- High level organisation and project and task management skills;
- Understanding of how to set, monitor and manage a budget;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- High level stakeholder engagement skills; and
- High level Microsoft Office knowledge and ability to use technology to improve performance.
- A current driver's license
- The ability to manage your work commitments to ensure work life balance, as significant work outside of hours and weekends is required.
- Working With Vulnerable People registration
- National Police Check
- Review Position Description: softball.org.au/work-for-softball-australia
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Sports Marketing / PR / Communications Degree
Softball Australia PD - Territory Operations Manager - ACT - FINAL Nov 2023 (5)
Applications close on Friday 24th November at 5:00pm
Click here to apply via SEEK.
For enquiries please contact: Nick Frayne, Softball Australia Head of Participation & One Management, 0407 398 081, email@example.com
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Since 2019, Active World's development team has been delivering a comprehensive single solution that caters to the diverse requirements of successfully operated and managed leisure centres. The…read more
Yellowbox is an Australian technology company that has developed smart locker technology operated through an app with a focus on experience for users and facility managers. Found at Beaches, Aquatic…read more
Since 1989 Elite Pool Covers have designed and manufactured an extensive range of high quality affordable manual,semi-automatic and fully-automatic pool cover systems for the harsh Australian…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!