TPEC Pool Enclosures provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing residential, local government…read more
VICSWIM Summer Kidz Program 2022/23 - Expression of Interest
Request for Expression of Interest
Aquatics & Recreation Victoria (ARV) is seeking Expressions of Interest from organisations (“the supplier” or “the respondent”) to coordinate the end-to-end delivery of the VICSWIM Summer Kidz program in 2022 and 2023.
The VICSWIM Summer Kidz program provides children between the ages of 4-12 with opportunities to develop a range of skills and positive experiences in relation to water safety, confidence and competence in the water, personal survival activities and basic aquatic emergency procedures.
The VICSWIM Summer Kidz program is an intensive learn to swim and water safety program held over the first three weeks of January, with each week of the program consisting of five consecutive 30-minute lessons, Monday-Friday.
VICSWIM is a low-cost program. The Victorian Government has approved the fees for the 2022 VICSWIM Summer Kidz program to be $35 per child in 2022.
VICSWIM’s low cost is vital to ensure formal swimming lessons are accessible, especially to families who could not otherwise afford the cost of commercial learn to swim programs.
Each location used for VICSWIM may charge participants a pool entry or location fee. It is a requirement of the VICSWIM supplier to negotiate the removal of an entry fee wherever possible.
The dates of the 2022 and 2023 programs are outlined below:
Monday, 3 January - Friday 7 January
Monday, 2 January - Friday 6 January
Monday, 10 January - Friday 14 January
Monday, 9 January - Friday 13 January
Monday, 17 January - Friday, 21 January
Monday, 16 January - Friday, 20 January
The VICSWIM Summer Kidz program complements Active Victoria – a strategic framework for sport and recreation in Victoria 2017 - 2021, which has the vision to “increase the proportion of Victorian’s participating in sport and recreation” and has the four key pillars of healthier Victorians, economic growth and jobs, community cohesion and liveability.
The program is conducted by qualified swim teachers in controlled environments located at public and private pools, school pools, beaches, rivers and lakes throughout Victoria, with a strong focus on Regional Victoria.
The appointment of the supplier will be based on their ability to conduct the VICSWIM Summer Kidz program in its full capacity.
The following key outcomes will be the responsibility of the supplier:
• Provide friendly and prompt customer service
• Lead the recruitment, training and onboarding of all VICSWIM Summer Kidz staff
• Engage key aquatic providers, securing pools, open water locations (i.e. beaches) and inland waterways (i.e. rivers and lakes)
• Deliver a comprehensive VICSWIM PR & marketing strategy
• Maintain the integrity of the VICSWIM brand
• Maintain and operate the VICSWIM website detailing each location, program dates, address, enrolment process, programs offered, fees, refund policy, etc.
• Manage all enrolment and administration processes and ensure the enrolment process is efficient and user friendly.
• Operate a VICSWIM telephone information service providing information on VICSWIM locations, dates of operation, how to enrol, etc.
• Manage the VICSWIM social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Email distribution lists) and other electronic media.
• Prepare and present weekly and monthly progress reports to ARV
• Prepare the final report of the 2022 and 2023 VICSWIM Summer Kidz programs
• Conduct debrief meetings for VICSWIM project team and Regional Coordinators
• Develop, distribute and analyse post-program feedback surveys for parents, participants, venues, teachers and Regional Coordinators
• Suggest any further changes or innovations to enhance the VICSWIM program in the future
The following key outcomes will be the responsibility of ARV:
• Remunerate all field-based staff delivering the VICSWIM Summer Kidz program (i.e. Swim Teachers, Regional Coordinators, Lifeguards, etc.) and provide 800 hours of casual office-based Admin/Customer Service staff
• Reporting and engagement with funding partner Sport & Recreation Victoria (SRV)
• Provide VICSWIM resources and program content for Swim Teachers, Regional Coordinators, Lifeguards, etc.
• Provide IT system infrastructure and upgrades to support the delivery of the program
• Provide equipment, uniforms, certificates, posters and other materials to support the delivery of the program
• Provide background information and handover of relevant Intellectual Property and Resources (refer to page 18)
• Provide office accommodation and meeting spaces for all VICSWIM staff
The following key outcomes will be a shared responsibility between ARV and the supplier:
• Provide participants with an opportunity to experience, and develop skills in, a variety of water safety, swimming and aquatic based activities.
• Manage and address the risk associated with implementing a water safety program ensuring it is managed with the utmost priority.
• Maximise participation across all sites targeting:
- Children from lower socio-economic backgrounds
- Children from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Regional centres with large populations
- Remote locations with little or no access to swimming and water safety opportunities
- High risk areas of drowning
- Vulnerable and marginalized children (e.g. multicultural communities, people with a disability, etc.)
• Enhance VICSWIM’s state-wide profile, brand, impact and messaging
• Explore education strategies to improve teaching quality, including class management skills
• Enhance website, recruitment material and registration process to reach targeted cohorts
• Implement the VICSWIM evaluation framework
• Achievement of KPIs outlined in the VICSWIM Implementation Plan 2021-2023 (Refer to VICSWIM Implementation Plan 2018-2021 as an interim guide)
Organisations interested in administering the VICSWIM Summer Kidz Program in partnership with ARV in 2022 and 2023 are asked to submit documents and information on or before Sunday 1st August 2021.
Click here for further details regarding the VICSWIM Summer Kidz program requirements.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
As of 2018, TicketServ operates as SeatGeek Asia Pacific Pty Limited, part of international ticketing platform SeatGeek. Click here to contact SeatGeek Asia Pacific via their entry in…read more
@leisure is a team of experienced leisure, aquatic and sports facility managers and planners, with market modelling, sports management, recreation planning, business and GIS qualifications. We have…read more
Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
With industry leading solutions in design and durability you can improve your facilities with our access control operations, payment systems and flexible personal locker storage solutions. Your…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!