Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
New name, new focus for The Fitness Show 2017
The event previously known as the Fitness & Health Expo has started 2017 with a new name, a new look and a new focus for its three shows in Melbourne, Brisbane and its return to the newly opened International Convention Centre in Sydney.
Renamed the Fitness Show with fresh branding and a new floorplan, 2017 is shaping up to be a big year for the event, which is entering its 22nd year.
Show Director Shaun Krenz said this year’s changes were the result of intense research, consumer and trade feedback, exhibitor input and a refined and carefully considered strategy by the entire Show team, from operations to marketing.
Krenz explained “we’ve segmented the offering to provide clarity for visitors and this carries through our marketing, digital platforms and onto the show floor.
“There’s a clear division between strength, active and commercial markets all positioned as mini-shows within the show.
“The name change reflects a honed focus on fitness and fits nicely with the simplified and modernised direction of the branding.”
In 2017, the confirmed dates for the Fitness Shows across Australia are:
Sydney: 28th to 30th April, ICC Sydney Darling Harbour
Melbourne: 13rd to 15th October, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
Brisbane: 21st and 22nd October, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
The first event in the series, the Sydney Fitness Show, will feature:
• A dedicated industry zone, taking up about one third of the show floor and featuring the latest industry trends, cutting edge fitness equipment and crucial business services from the best names in the fitness equipment business, including Precor, Technogym, Matrix, Life Fitness, Summit, Synergy/ EYE Fitness and HF Industries.
• Education Hub offering free seminars to help you stay ahead in the fitness industry Celebrity & expert appearances – featuring group training sessions, open workouts and Q&As with some of the biggest names in fitness and sport including Commando Steve, Deep Heat Ambassador Tim Robards, Australian Institute of Fitness Ambassador Michelle Bridges, Lola Berry, Hattie Boydle and Lauren Simpson.
• Muscle Beach – new to 2017, witness the most aesthetic physiques in the world today running open workouts in a Venice Beach-style fully equipped gym. The best international names in bodybuilding will be there including Kai Greene, Jon ‘Bones’ Jones, Shaun ‘Flexatron’ Rhoden, Jeff Seid, Zac Smith, Calum Von Moger, Simeon Panda and the greatest Asian bodybuilder of all time, Hideteda ‘Hide’ Yamagishi.
• Australian Institute of Fitness Active Stage – join in on a great range of fun workouts that will leave your energy levels soaring including a Hip Hop Yoga class with Lola Berry, Kettlebell AMPD and the latest Les Mills classes
• Healthy Living Stage – learn how to make nutritious and easy to prepare meals, smoothies and healthy treats plus get tips on topics relating to mind, body and living a healthy lifestyle.
• The Arena – step outside your comfort zone and test your skills in a bootcamp with Commando Steve, or perhaps take it to the next level by entering the Men’s Fitness 2017 Fit Bloke Challenge. If you’d prefer to watch from the sidelines, the N.S.W. Teams Cup will feature some of Australia’s fittest CrossFit athletes compete head to head in teams of three.
• Natural bodybuilding and Sports Modelling competitions - run by iCompete Natural featuring categories including Fitness Model, Bikini Model, Novice, Open, Masters, Mr Physique and Swimwear.
• Powerlifting championships and the Pacific Invitational - featuring the strongest men and women in the world tackling all-time records.
The Sydney Fitness Show will also host OUTRUN CANCER, a continuous 24 hour running Guinness World Record attempt, partnering with Technogym and Camp Quality to raise funds for families affected by cancer.
The Sydney Fitness Show is co-located with FILEX, the southern hemisphere’s largest educational fitness industry convention offering over 250+ sessions delivered by the world’s leading health, fitness and business experts including Bill McBride, Luke Carlson and Derek Barton.
Click here for more information on the Fitness Show in Sydney in the Australasian Leisure Management industry Calendar.
Lower image shows the new ICC Sydney.
4th February 2017 - FITNESS & HEALTH EXPO HEADS TO ICC SYDNEY WITH A NEW LOOK
24th December 2016 - FILEX PREPARES FOR SYDNEY RETURN IN 2017
30th November 2016 - SHOWTIME AT NEW ICC SYDNEY
17th November 2016 - 2017 SHAPING UP TO BE A BIG YEAR FOR THE FITNESS & HEALTH EXPO
9th March 2016 - FITNESS AND HEALTH EXPO TO PRESENT THE FUTURE OF FITNESS
10th March 2016 - NEW OWNERSHIP FOR FITNESS AND HEALTH EXPOS IN AUSTRALIA
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Ecoline is a highly experienced and skilled company that offers world-first technology in safety, protects the environment and provides a unique and challenging custom-made adventure and educational…read more
HTS Group Ltd provides a complete design, system integration, installation and maintenance package to the transportation, traffic engineering, parking and sports timing industries in New Zealand,…read more
Goplay designs and manufactures specialised playground equipment for indoor play centres, hotels, food chains, clubs and resorts. If our years of experience and dedication have taught us one thing,…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 25 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!