SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
ARV Awards showcase the best of Victoria’s aquatic and recreation sector
Aquatics & Recreation Victoria’s 16th annual Industry Awards saw a record 144 quality nominees competing in 21 award categories.
Key winners included ACTIVE Monash which won the Swim School Award, Casey RACE, which won the Watch Around Water Award, The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre which won the Health Club Award and the Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre which won the Facility Management Award.
Dr John Tower of Victoria University was also awarded in Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to the Aquatic and Recreation sector while Greg Goullet of H2OPro received Life Membership of the Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV).
Held on Friday 17th June at Peninsula Docklands, the Links Modular Solutions ARV Industry Awards were presented at a gala ball attended by over 600 guests from all parts of Victoria.
This year’s new award categories – the Watch Around Water Award, and the Business Excellence Award – were keenly contested. A panel of 59 judges (also a record), all independent experts in their field, had the tough job of determining the winners.
Again, exceptional support was shown by ARV’s 16 Category Sponsors; Platinum Sponsor (Links Modular Solutions), Silver Sponsors (Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association), and Supporting Sponsors (Swimming Pools and Spa Association Victoria, Commercial Aquatics Australia and Maytronics Australia). In addition, Links Modular Solutions, along with Metra Australia, generously ran two competitions for guests, the prizes of which included overseas holidays, and these were a fun and unique feature of the night.
ARV’s charity partner, Bully Zero Australia Foundation, ran their silent auction, which has become a regular annual feature.
Commenting on the Awards, ARV Chief Executive, Anthony McIntosh stated “congratulations to all the winners. Recognition for their excellence over the past 12 months is thoroughly deserved, and our industry needs to hear about it.
“The Awards are highly competitive and to win is no mean feat. These celebrated individuals, programs and businesses are what continue to push the rapid progress of our industry.”
The full list of category winners:
• Sustainability Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Ashburton Pool & Recreation Centre
• Group Exercise Instructor Award, sponsored by Air Active Rebecca Parris – Aquamoves, Shepparton
• Personal Trainer Award, sponsored by IntegraPay - Marcin Piotrowski, Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Most Valuable Employee Award, sponsored by YMCA Victoria - Alistair Thom, Aquanation
• Marketing and Communications Award, sponsored by Links Modular Solutions - Active Moreland
• Innovative Program Award, sponsored by SK Corp Deaf and Hard of Hearing Swimming Lessons - The YMCA @ Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre
• Duty Manager Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - Jill Heffernan, Kilsyth Centenary Pool (Belgravia Leisure)
• Membership Sales Award , sponsored by Jonas Leisure - Jason Hil, Splashdown, City of Greater Geelong
• Pool Lifeguard Award, sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - Sarah Roberts, Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre
• Customer Service Award, sponsored by CERM, University of South Australia - Cat Townley , Waterworld , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher Award, sponsored by Aflex Technology - Elisa Kennedy, The YMCA @ Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Swim Teacher for Infants, Toddlers and Pre, School Award, sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - Michelle McInnes , Splashdown , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher for People with a Disability Award , sponsored by TJS Services - Cheryl Knight , Kyneton Toyota Sports & Aquatic Centre
•Course Instructor/Presenter Award , sponsored by Metra Australia - Simone Garrett
• Swim School Award , sponsored by Peninsula Leisure - ACTIVE Monash
• Watch Around Water Award , sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - The YMCA @ Casey Race
•Health Club Award , sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Commercial Aquatics Australia - Yarra Leisure
• Facility Management Award (Seasonal , sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Carnegie Swim Centre
• Facility Management Award (All Year , sponsored by Roejen Services - Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Recognition of Outstanding Contribution To The Aquatic and Recreation Industry, sponsored by Beaurepaire - Dr John Tower , Victoria University
• Recognition of ARV Life Membership - Greg Goullet , H2O Pro
Top image: Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
9th June 2016 - ARV RELEASES GUIDELINES FOR MANAGING OUTDOOR SEASONAL POOLS
6th June 2016 - LINKS MODULAR SOLUTIONS ANNOUNCED AS ARV AWARDS PLATINUM SPONSOR
15th March 2016 - ARV ANNOUNCES INDUSTRY AWARDS, INAUGURAL REGIONAL POOLS CONFERENCE
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Also at 3 Squill Place, Arndell Park NSW 2148 ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
HQH Fitness is an international company that specialises in improving the health, fitness and wellness of people everywhere. We are the South Pacific distributors for Total Gym/GRAVITY Education and…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
Vlocker Pty Ltd has been designing, manufacturing, installing and servicing locker systems worldwide since 1995. Vlocker specialises in providing locker solutions to suit client requirements in…read more
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!