JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
ARV Awards showcase the best of Victoria’s aquatic and recreation sector
Aquatics & Recreation Victoria’s 16th annual Industry Awards saw a record 144 quality nominees competing in 21 award categories.
Key winners included ACTIVE Monash which won the Swim School Award, Casey RACE, which won the Watch Around Water Award, The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre which won the Health Club Award and the Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre which won the Facility Management Award.
Dr John Tower of Victoria University was also awarded in Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to the Aquatic and Recreation sector while Greg Goullet of H2OPro received Life Membership of the Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV).
Held on Friday 17th June at Peninsula Docklands, the Links Modular Solutions ARV Industry Awards were presented at a gala ball attended by over 600 guests from all parts of Victoria.
This year’s new award categories – the Watch Around Water Award, and the Business Excellence Award – were keenly contested. A panel of 59 judges (also a record), all independent experts in their field, had the tough job of determining the winners.
Again, exceptional support was shown by ARV’s 16 Category Sponsors; Platinum Sponsor (Links Modular Solutions), Silver Sponsors (Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association), and Supporting Sponsors (Swimming Pools and Spa Association Victoria, Commercial Aquatics Australia and Maytronics Australia). In addition, Links Modular Solutions, along with Metra Australia, generously ran two competitions for guests, the prizes of which included overseas holidays, and these were a fun and unique feature of the night.
ARV’s charity partner, Bully Zero Australia Foundation, ran their silent auction, which has become a regular annual feature.
Commenting on the Awards, ARV Chief Executive, Anthony McIntosh stated “congratulations to all the winners. Recognition for their excellence over the past 12 months is thoroughly deserved, and our industry needs to hear about it.
“The Awards are highly competitive and to win is no mean feat. These celebrated individuals, programs and businesses are what continue to push the rapid progress of our industry.”
The full list of category winners:
• Sustainability Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Ashburton Pool & Recreation Centre
• Group Exercise Instructor Award, sponsored by Air Active Rebecca Parris – Aquamoves, Shepparton
• Personal Trainer Award, sponsored by IntegraPay - Marcin Piotrowski, Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Most Valuable Employee Award, sponsored by YMCA Victoria - Alistair Thom, Aquanation
• Marketing and Communications Award, sponsored by Links Modular Solutions - Active Moreland
• Innovative Program Award, sponsored by SK Corp Deaf and Hard of Hearing Swimming Lessons - The YMCA @ Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre
• Duty Manager Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - Jill Heffernan, Kilsyth Centenary Pool (Belgravia Leisure)
• Membership Sales Award , sponsored by Jonas Leisure - Jason Hil, Splashdown, City of Greater Geelong
• Pool Lifeguard Award, sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - Sarah Roberts, Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre
• Customer Service Award, sponsored by CERM, University of South Australia - Cat Townley , Waterworld , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher Award, sponsored by Aflex Technology - Elisa Kennedy, The YMCA @ Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Swim Teacher for Infants, Toddlers and Pre, School Award, sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - Michelle McInnes , Splashdown , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher for People with a Disability Award , sponsored by TJS Services - Cheryl Knight , Kyneton Toyota Sports & Aquatic Centre
•Course Instructor/Presenter Award , sponsored by Metra Australia - Simone Garrett
• Swim School Award , sponsored by Peninsula Leisure - ACTIVE Monash
• Watch Around Water Award , sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - The YMCA @ Casey Race
•Health Club Award , sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Commercial Aquatics Australia - Yarra Leisure
• Facility Management Award (Seasonal , sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Carnegie Swim Centre
• Facility Management Award (All Year , sponsored by Roejen Services - Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Recognition of Outstanding Contribution To The Aquatic and Recreation Industry, sponsored by Beaurepaire - Dr John Tower , Victoria University
• Recognition of ARV Life Membership - Greg Goullet , H2O Pro
Top image: Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
9th June 2016 - ARV RELEASES GUIDELINES FOR MANAGING OUTDOOR SEASONAL POOLS
6th June 2016 - LINKS MODULAR SOLUTIONS ANNOUNCED AS ARV AWARDS PLATINUM SPONSOR
15th March 2016 - ARV ANNOUNCES INDUSTRY AWARDS, INAUGURAL REGIONAL POOLS CONFERENCE
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Life Fitness Cardio Life Fitness Strength Hammer Strength Group Cycling Rowers Certified Refurbished Freeweights Benches & Racks Flooring Life Fitness is the global leader in the fitness…read more
Established in 1994, Ceramic Solutions has excelled at the supply and installation of swimming pool tiles and equipment for the pool and leisure industry, with a focus on the needs of end-users. …read more
SeatGeek is a search engine and mobile-focused ticket marketplace that allows fans to buy and sell tickets for live events. As of August 2018, SeatGeek has exited the Australian, New…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
About Priava's Technology - Priava is a cloud-based and centralised venue and event management system aimed at venues of all sizes. With its familiar and easy-to-use web interface, the…read more
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!