Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
ARV Awards showcase the best of Victoria’s aquatic and recreation sector
Aquatics & Recreation Victoria’s 16th annual Industry Awards saw a record 144 quality nominees competing in 21 award categories.
Key winners included ACTIVE Monash which won the Swim School Award, Casey RACE, which won the Watch Around Water Award, The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre which won the Health Club Award and the Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre which won the Facility Management Award.
Dr John Tower of Victoria University was also awarded in Recognition of Outstanding Contribution to the Aquatic and Recreation sector while Greg Goullet of H2OPro received Life Membership of the Aquatics and Recreation Victoria (ARV).
Held on Friday 17th June at Peninsula Docklands, the Links Modular Solutions ARV Industry Awards were presented at a gala ball attended by over 600 guests from all parts of Victoria.
This year’s new award categories – the Watch Around Water Award, and the Business Excellence Award – were keenly contested. A panel of 59 judges (also a record), all independent experts in their field, had the tough job of determining the winners.
Again, exceptional support was shown by ARV’s 16 Category Sponsors; Platinum Sponsor (Links Modular Solutions), Silver Sponsors (Australian Swimming Coaches and Teachers Association), and Supporting Sponsors (Swimming Pools and Spa Association Victoria, Commercial Aquatics Australia and Maytronics Australia). In addition, Links Modular Solutions, along with Metra Australia, generously ran two competitions for guests, the prizes of which included overseas holidays, and these were a fun and unique feature of the night.
ARV’s charity partner, Bully Zero Australia Foundation, ran their silent auction, which has become a regular annual feature.
Commenting on the Awards, ARV Chief Executive, Anthony McIntosh stated “congratulations to all the winners. Recognition for their excellence over the past 12 months is thoroughly deserved, and our industry needs to hear about it.
“The Awards are highly competitive and to win is no mean feat. These celebrated individuals, programs and businesses are what continue to push the rapid progress of our industry.”
The full list of category winners:
• Sustainability Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Ashburton Pool & Recreation Centre
• Group Exercise Instructor Award, sponsored by Air Active Rebecca Parris – Aquamoves, Shepparton
• Personal Trainer Award, sponsored by IntegraPay - Marcin Piotrowski, Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Most Valuable Employee Award, sponsored by YMCA Victoria - Alistair Thom, Aquanation
• Marketing and Communications Award, sponsored by Links Modular Solutions - Active Moreland
• Innovative Program Award, sponsored by SK Corp Deaf and Hard of Hearing Swimming Lessons - The YMCA @ Northcote Aquatic and Recreation Centre
• Duty Manager Award, sponsored by Roejen Services - Jill Heffernan, Kilsyth Centenary Pool (Belgravia Leisure)
• Membership Sales Award , sponsored by Jonas Leisure - Jason Hil, Splashdown, City of Greater Geelong
• Pool Lifeguard Award, sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - Sarah Roberts, Glen Eira Sports and Aquatic Centre
• Customer Service Award, sponsored by CERM, University of South Australia - Cat Townley , Waterworld , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher Award, sponsored by Aflex Technology - Elisa Kennedy, The YMCA @ Bass Coast Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Swim Teacher for Infants, Toddlers and Pre, School Award, sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - Michelle McInnes , Splashdown , City of Greater Geelong
• Swim Teacher for People with a Disability Award , sponsored by TJS Services - Cheryl Knight , Kyneton Toyota Sports & Aquatic Centre
•Course Instructor/Presenter Award , sponsored by Metra Australia - Simone Garrett
• Swim School Award , sponsored by Peninsula Leisure - ACTIVE Monash
• Watch Around Water Award , sponsored by Life Saving Victoria - The YMCA @ Casey Race
•Health Club Award , sponsored by Belgravia Leisure - The YMCA @ Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
• Business Excellence Award, sponsored by Commercial Aquatics Australia - Yarra Leisure
• Facility Management Award (Seasonal , sponsored by Roejen Services - The YMCA @ Carnegie Swim Centre
• Facility Management Award (All Year , sponsored by Roejen Services - Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
• Recognition of Outstanding Contribution To The Aquatic and Recreation Industry, sponsored by Beaurepaire - Dr John Tower , Victoria University
• Recognition of ARV Life Membership - Greg Goullet , H2O Pro
Top image: Peninsula Aquatic Recreation Centre
9th June 2016 - ARV RELEASES GUIDELINES FOR MANAGING OUTDOOR SEASONAL POOLS
6th June 2016 - LINKS MODULAR SOLUTIONS ANNOUNCED AS ARV AWARDS PLATINUM SPONSOR
15th March 2016 - ARV ANNOUNCES INDUSTRY AWARDS, INAUGURAL REGIONAL POOLS CONFERENCE
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Sports Padding At Rae-Line we manufacture high quality sports padding, gym mats, foam mats and protective padding, suitable for a range of different facilities. Our sports padding is…read more
Lander & Rogers' Sports Business Group is the leading sports law practice in Australia, representing over 150 national and international sporting bodies. Our clients include international…read more
AQUASPIN™ - Aqua Cycling Aquaspin™’s sessions have been specially designed by our Master Trainer to be challenging yet fun group cycling sessions. Each session is tailored to…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
HTS Group Ltd provides a complete design, system integration, installation and maintenance package to the transportation, traffic engineering, parking and sports timing industries in New Zealand,…read more
AAC ID Solutions is a leading supplier of identification access wristbands, barcoded wristband tickets, lanyards, membership products and RFID solutions for events and venues, working with thousands…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!