ABOUT SPORTENG specialises in the Planning, Design and Construction inspection of Fields of Play for all sports. Blending engineering with the specialist knowledge gained from working closely with…read more
Senior Sport & Recreation Officer
Senior Sport & Recreation Officer
Kingston City Council
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Flexible working options available
- Full Time - Permanent role
- Band 6, $93,076.47 to $101,552.18 per annum plus superannuation
Kingston Council’s collective focus is on delivering exceptional service that achieves our vision and meets community expectations.
A diverse, dynamic community where we all share a sustainable, safe, attractive environment and a thriving economy. The City of Kingston is south-east of Melbourne and is approximately 20km from Melbourne's CBD. We employ over 1,450 people in a diverse range of roles including engineering, customer service, administration, finance, family, youth and children's services, sport and recreation, health, parks and gardens, planning, arts and management.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Kingston Active team as a Senior Sport and Recreation Liaison Officer. Reporting to the Team Leader Sport and Recreation, you will be ensuring diverse, and suitable sport, leisure and active recreation opportunities are available to encourage increased physical activity amongst the broader Kingston community.
With a strong focus on customer service and stakeholder engagement, the role is responsible for guiding and developing partnerships with community-based sport, leisure and recreation clubs and organisations for the purpose of providing sustainable opportunities for people to be active in Kingston.
You will have:
- Experience with the operation of outdoor sporting and recreation facilities.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with sports clubs and community groups.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to achieve outcomes for the benefit of the Kingston community.
- Have experience in the promotion and development of sports clubs through key programs to promote health and wellbeing.
- The ability to develop working relationships with key sport and recreation stakeholders such as sport, recreation and active leisure-based clubs, sporting associations, industry governing bodies.
- The ability to be self-motivated and work effectively within a team.
- Have experience and knowledge of contributing to the development of policies, procedures, and sports club development.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills, including the demonstrated ability to assist with preparing project plans, engagement plans, reports and correspondence based on evidence-based research and data.
- Degree or Diploma in sport and recreation administration and/or project management qualifications or less formal qualification with relevant experience working with sporting and recreation clubs and school groups.
What We Can Offer
This is a Full-Time Permanent role.
As an employee of the City of Kingston you will be part of an inclusive culture and have access to ongoing professional development and a range of employee benefits designed to promote a positive work/life balance including flexible working arrangements, wellbeing initiatives, discounted gym membership, social club events, paid parental leave, salary packaging, study/development assistance, employee assistance program (EAP) and discounted health insurance.
Full time employees also have access to an ADO arrangement or 9-day fortnight.
The salary for this position is between $93,076.47 to $101,552.18 (Band 6) per annum plus superannuation.
How To Apply
If you have the skills, abilities, and desire to take on this position we encourage you to click on the Apply button to submit your application. If you require further information after reviewing the position description available to download below, please contact James Prideaux, Team Leader Sport and Recreation on 9581 4608 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingston values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the role all applications must be submitted via our Careers recruitment portal.
Click here to apply.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Contact: Australia: (+61) 1800 849 001 New Zealand: (+64) 3 668 5727 International: (+1) 415 915 0375read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Developed in Europe, this innovative system offers a safety management solution for swimming pools that checks individual swimmers via their wristband - monitoring their depth and time. Sensors…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Principal Consultant Simon Weatherill has spent the last 20 years developing the world renowned Melbourne Sports Hub, as former Chief Executive Officer of the State Sports Centres Trust…read more
HIB Insurance Brokers - Experts in Leisure and Amusement Insurance With over 20 years specialising in the Amusement and Leisure industries, we have the experience to understand your operations and…read more
APT (Advanced Polymer Technology) is the leading global manufacturer of polyurethane-based materials, acrylic coatings and synthetic turf products for sporting and recreational applications. From…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!