Now TPEC Pool Enclosures - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/tpec-pool-enclosuresread more
Executive General Manager - Community & Government
Executive General Manager - Community & Government
Why Join the Netball Crew?
Did you know, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with Netball? Either through playing, volunteering, coaching, assisting with admin or being one of our dedicated fans!
The Diamonds have won 12 out of 15 World Cups (including the inaugural World Championships in 1963). Since netball became a Commonwealth Games sport in 1998, Australia has won five gold medals and are the current number one team in the INF World Rankings.
You will be joining a team of passionate individuals who take pride in their skills, love what they do and thoroughly enjoy being part of making Netball one of the most loved sports in Australia.
At Netball Australia, we value our people, and our people are the fabric of our organisation.
Our Netball DNA
BELONG - We create and foster a safe and respectful environment. We are united by a shared purpose but recognise and support differing opinions and identities.
BE YOUR BEST - The ongoing pursuit to be better and bring out the best in others.
BE BOLD - We step outside our comfort zone and are courageous in our exploration of the new.
Who are we looking for?
You are passionate about sport, about people, strategically focused and have a depth of knowledge about what Community means to Sport, to participants, to fans and to the future growth of the game.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Build and lead the relationships with our State and Territory Member Organisations
• Build combined KPI’s and measure and track progress across all key community participation metrics
• Manage the relationships with Australian Sports Commission including ensuring NA is delivering its obligations on all funding requirements
• Lead participation growth, workforce capability improvement, stakeholder and partnership management and the provision of tailored customer experiences
• Provide strategic leadership to ensure the growth and management of Netball participation by relevant stakeholders is focused on growing the game’s footprint and participation base, ensuring that contemporary resources are deployed in accordance with agreed plans to deliver outcomes within agreed timeframes
• Lead and manage identified major strategic Community Pillar projects as required including cross business integration
• Contribute to the design and implementation of major projects across the business in line with inherent expertise and to foster collaborative, agile ways of working
• Provide sound recommendations to the CEO regarding participation growth needs and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Develop and manage positive and productive partnerships with sponsors, businesses, the government, and other organisations that contribute to Netball Australia’s resources.
• Foster collaborative partnerships between Netball Australia, Member Organisations, Sport Australia, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and other system stakeholders to grow the game.
• Oversee the creation and development of opportunities for attracting new investment and additional funding from external stakeholders.
• Support the work of NA in engaging and delivering value to commercial sponsors and partners.
• Develop and manage annual NA Community budgets.
• Increase Netball's influence with Government at all levels by providing intelligence within NA that underpins effective advocacy and engagement
• Provide relevant support to MOs and SSN Clubs for advocacy to and engagement with Government at all levels
• Manage Government funding relationships, including pursuing opportunities for additional revenue and ensuring NA meets all funding and reporting obligations
• Work with NA’s Head of Business Intelligence to maintain and enrich a government data intelligence repository
First Nations, Diversity and Inclusion
• Lead the organisation’s strategy for and engagement with First Nations peoples, ensuring the organisation develops the capacity and capability to meet the requirements stemming from the Declaration of Commitment, Reconciliation Action Plan and additional relevant projects.
• Provide subject matter expertise and links to relevant networks for priority initiatives that improve inclusive practice and foster increased diversity within Netball Australia, and where relevant across the Netball ecosystem, with a focus on multicultural and LGBTIQ+ audiences.
Confident Girls Foundation
• Provide targeted, support for the Foundation's strategy development and sound governance.
Desired Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who possess the following skills and behaviours:
• An understanding of Federated Sports models ideally with experience within Netball
• An ability to make complex decisions autonomously within legislation, regulations, organisational strategies and corporate policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian sport sector and capability to engage with the appropriate sector resources to achieve the organisation’s objectives.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of strategy and its development, implementation and evaluation to achieve agreed outcomes.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of financial management and budgeting.
• Project management skills with an understanding of the project management cycle.
• Excellent communication skills that underpin influence with staff, key stakeholders and the netball community and ensure external correspondence and reports meet requirements.
• Subject matter expertise in the development and implementation of initiatives that foster increased diversity and inclusive practice, particularly when engaging First Nations peoples and communities.
Netball Australia takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. All successful candidates will undergo a criminal record and Working with Children check prior to employment. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
We have a collaborative, supportive and diverse culture and promote the continued development of our team members! We believe your religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or culture do not define you nor impact your application or employment with Netball Australia. We are a sport for all people across the community and take pride in providing a diverse, inclusive and safe environment for all.
If this sounds like you, and we hope it does – please submit your current CV and cover letter and we look forward to discussing this fabulous opportunity with you in the near future.
Click here to apply.
Click here to apply via SEEK.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
TPEC Pool Enclosures provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing residential, local government…read more
ProSlide is the global leader in water ride design and manufacturing, supplying high-performance water attractions to new and expanding water parks around the world. For over three decades, ProSlide…read more
BODY BIKE® International is a leading manufacturer of indoor bikes with a 20-year track record of creating the best indoor bikes. Stay connected with Body Bike Australia…read more
Hadley Australia and Series Australia Pty Ltd are the leading quality theatre chair manufacturers in the southern hemisphere. The businesses work closely with architects, interior designers and…read more
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of…read more
Stadiums and venues around the world recognise that success hinges on more than just what happens on the pitch. More than ever, fan engagement within each facility is a critical part of the overall…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!