Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Shanghai Disneyland begins pre-opening trial operations
The Shanghai Disney Resort has commenced at six-week period of trial operations in advance of its opening on 16th June.
In a statement, the operators announced “a trial operations period is a key pre-opening step for all Walt Disney Parks and Resorts destinations and major attractions around the world.
“At Shanghai Disney Resort, the trial operations period allows invited participants to experience select attractions, entertainment and dining on select dates.”
During the pre-opening operations, participants will be strictly by invitation only and mostly limited to Shanghai Disney Resort ‘cast members’ and select resort partners and stakeholders.
The multi-billion dollar Shanghai Disney Resort is a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company and Shanghai Shendi Group comprised of two owner companies (Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited and Shanghai International Theme Park Associated Facilities Company Limited) and a management company (Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited). Shanghai Shendi Group holds 57% of the shares and Disney holds the remaining 43% of shares of the owner companies.
Disney has a 70% stake and Shanghai Shendi Group has a 30% stake in the joint venture management company.
Image shows Disney Chairman and Chief Executive Bob Iger with a model of the world-class theme park.
5th February 2016 - DISNEY TO PRICE SHANGHAI THEME PARK TICKETS CHEAPER THAN HONG KONG
14th January 2016 - 16TH JUNE OPENING DATE SET FOR SHANGHAI DISNEY RESORT
5th September 2015 - MORE THAN 50 THEME PARKS UNDER DEVELOPMENT IN CHINA
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Regupol Australia Pty Ltd offers a comprehensive range of recycled rubber fitness and leisure flooring surfaces. Their range of products include everroll rubber flooring, Regupol elastic…read more
Over the past 10 years Debitsuccess has been providing expert billing services to businesses across Australia. Debitsuccess is now the largest full service direct debit provider in Australasia,…read more
As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. 19th July 2018 - ENTA AUSTRALASIA REBRANDS AS VIVATICKET 17th October 2016…read more
AIS Water, the trading name of Australian Innovative Systems, is a multi-award winning, Australian owned leader in the design, production and supply of commercial and residential chlorine generators…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
SICO is at the forefront in innovative mobile folding and rolling, space efficient tables, stages, dance floors and many other products which help our customers optimise their use of space. Image…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!