Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976, and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is one of the world leaders in the design, production, and installation of…read more
Fitness Australia launches ActiveAus Awards
Fitness Australia has opened nominations for its industry awards program, the 2015 ActiveAus Awards.
Celebrating achievements by profesionals across the Australian fitness industry, the program recognises the great work that Registered Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers do every day to help Australians live more active, healthy lifestyle.
Fitness Australia is inviting stories from Registered Fitness Instructors or Personal Trainers who have improved the health of their client over the past 12 months.
The program wants Instructors and Personal Trainers who have:
• Demonstrated excellence as an instructor/trainer
• Made a significant contribution to their client’s health and wellbeing in the past 12 months
• Been an inspirational role model for the Australian health and fitness industry
The nominees will also be judged on the following criteria:
• Achievements as an individual or as part of a group or organisation
• Voluntary work beyond paid employment
• Contribution in the relevant field - how has the nominee 'put back' into their industry to benefit others?
• Demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
• Personal interests and community involvement
The Fitness Student Award recognises the outstanding achievements of qualified fitness students, with education providers invited to nominate a current fitness student who:
• Have excelled academically
• Are an inspirational role model to their community;
• Have demonstrated an achievement or contribution that adds value to the community through touching the lives of others, and/or participating in the community.
The nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated excellence in fitness, health and well-being
• Demonstrated achievement and contribution that adds value to the industry and community by positively affecting the lives of others, participating in the community and volunteer work
• Demonstrated commitment to personal/vocational/career development
The Awards of Honour powered by Fitness Australia Fitness Australia provides recognition of the important contributions of industry leaders and champions through the Awards of Honour program.
This program consists of three categories:
• Chairman’s Award - recognising members of Fitness Australia’s Board, Councils, Committees or Taskforce who made a significant contribution to the work of that group and to Fitness Australia.
• Volunteer Award - The Award for Commitment to Community Health and Volunteerism has been specifically created to honour the people who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the fitness industry in Australia.
• Roll of Honour - Inductees into the Fitness Industry Roll of Honour include those who could be described as ‘game changers’ in the fitness industry. Game changers are those people that have made an enduring contribution to the fitness industry and have therefore made the industry what it is today. They are people who possess vision and entrepreneurial flair and have successfully used these attributes to create and introduce new concepts, products and services into the fitness industry.
The ActiveAus Awards are sponsored by the Australian Fitness Network.
For more information go to www.activeaus.fitness.org.au
2nd November 2014 - HBF HEALTH AND FITNESS CENTRE RECEIVES ANOTHER FITNESS AUSTRALIA GOLD AWARD
15th August 2013 - FITNESS AUSTRALIA LAUNCHES EXERCISE REFERRAL KIT
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Clubware’s online gym software is not your run of the mill management system. It has been carefully designed to incorporate all the elements that a fitness club would need. How did we do that?…read more
Pico Play is a global leader in the planning, design, development and construction of world-class themed attractions and entertainment that deliver extraordinary and memorable experiences to millions…read more
Whether your goal is increasing your centre's revenues or creating an engaging environment, why not add play to your project? If you're looking for stylish aquatic play features, kid-tested…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. BUILT NOT BOUGHT. AlphaFit is a 100% Australian owned family company manufacturing gear specifically for the strength and conditioning, functional fitness and high-performance…read more
METRA Australia is your innovation partner for smart electronic locking, Access Control solutions and cashless payment systems to suit all types of leisure facilities. Our team’s…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!