Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
Fitness Australia launches ActiveAus Awards
Fitness Australia has opened nominations for its industry awards program, the 2015 ActiveAus Awards.
Celebrating achievements by profesionals across the Australian fitness industry, the program recognises the great work that Registered Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers do every day to help Australians live more active, healthy lifestyle.
Fitness Australia is inviting stories from Registered Fitness Instructors or Personal Trainers who have improved the health of their client over the past 12 months.
The program wants Instructors and Personal Trainers who have:
• Demonstrated excellence as an instructor/trainer
• Made a significant contribution to their client’s health and wellbeing in the past 12 months
• Been an inspirational role model for the Australian health and fitness industry
The nominees will also be judged on the following criteria:
• Achievements as an individual or as part of a group or organisation
• Voluntary work beyond paid employment
• Contribution in the relevant field - how has the nominee 'put back' into their industry to benefit others?
• Demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
• Personal interests and community involvement
The Fitness Student Award recognises the outstanding achievements of qualified fitness students, with education providers invited to nominate a current fitness student who:
• Have excelled academically
• Are an inspirational role model to their community;
• Have demonstrated an achievement or contribution that adds value to the community through touching the lives of others, and/or participating in the community.
The nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated excellence in fitness, health and well-being
• Demonstrated achievement and contribution that adds value to the industry and community by positively affecting the lives of others, participating in the community and volunteer work
• Demonstrated commitment to personal/vocational/career development
The Awards of Honour powered by Fitness Australia Fitness Australia provides recognition of the important contributions of industry leaders and champions through the Awards of Honour program.
This program consists of three categories:
• Chairman’s Award - recognising members of Fitness Australia’s Board, Councils, Committees or Taskforce who made a significant contribution to the work of that group and to Fitness Australia.
• Volunteer Award - The Award for Commitment to Community Health and Volunteerism has been specifically created to honour the people who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the fitness industry in Australia.
• Roll of Honour - Inductees into the Fitness Industry Roll of Honour include those who could be described as ‘game changers’ in the fitness industry. Game changers are those people that have made an enduring contribution to the fitness industry and have therefore made the industry what it is today. They are people who possess vision and entrepreneurial flair and have successfully used these attributes to create and introduce new concepts, products and services into the fitness industry.
The ActiveAus Awards are sponsored by the Australian Fitness Network.
For more information go to www.activeaus.fitness.org.au
2nd November 2014 - HBF HEALTH AND FITNESS CENTRE RECEIVES ANOTHER FITNESS AUSTRALIA GOLD AWARD
15th August 2013 - FITNESS AUSTRALIA LAUNCHES EXERCISE REFERRAL KIT
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
Quayclean are a national cleaning and waste services partner with proven results in the understanding and delivery of cleaning needs and challenges faced by facilities including; major venues and…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
SLE Worldwide Australia is a Managing General Underwriter specialising in insuring risks in the world of Sports, Leisure and Entertainment. Be it relaxing, playing, organising or watching sports,…read more
Solarwise NSW / Dolphin Tech were the first and are the largest Dolphin dealer in NSW with a full service facility and full range of spare parts "on the shelf". We also provide on site…read more
At EventPro Software, we are proudly different from our industry competitors. We have a development-driven culture and 20 years’ experience in event, venue, and catering management software,…read more
Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!