Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
Eventbrite research shows Australians believe events inspire positive change
New research from event technology platform Eventbrite, reveals that Australians of all ages believe that live events can drive positive change for the country, and that Australians and New Zealanders attend more live events than any other country in the world, from music concerts and beer festivals, to more cause-related events like marches and rallies.
The findings show that, regardless of age, gender and income, Australians believe events are one of the most effective ways to bring people together to inspire positive change - with millennials leading the charge in attending events to support causes they are passionate about.
Key Insights: Australians believe events influence cultural change
• 90% of Australians believe it’s essential for people to come together in person to promote positive change - regardless of age, gender, income, or geography - and one in four Australians attended an event supporting a particular cause within the last year.
• More than four in five (83%) of Australians agree that attending live events makes them feel more connected to other people, the community, and the world - higher than any other country surveyed, including the US and UK.
• 80% of Australian men and women agree that attending a live event has been more successful at expanding their perspective than just reading about a topic online. But interestingly, an event doesn’t have to be ‘political’ to create an impact: 90% of people believe that all types of live events can inspire positive change for the country.
Phil Silverstone, Eventbrite’s General Manager, Australia and New Zealand, explains “live experiences have the power to expand perspectives and influence our lives in a way that online interactions can’t. As the live event landscape continues to grow, we’re seeing an increasingly strong demand for experiences that connect us in real life and contribute to growth and positive change.”
Key Insights: Millennials fuel experience economy and engage with social issues through live events
• Often referred to as the ‘experiences generation’, nine out of 10 millennials aged 18 to 34 (91%) have attended at least one live event within the past 12 months, ranging from entertainment-focused experiences like music concerts and beer festivals, to more cause-related events like marches and rallies.
• 81% choose to buy an experience rather than something desirable, ahead of their Gen X (aged 35 to 45) peers at 72%.
• While both millennials and Gen Xers agree that events are the most effective way to leverage change, when it comes to getting out and taking action, a quarter of millennials (25%) have attended an event to support a cause in the last year, compared to 17% of Gen X.
• 67% of Millennials reveal that engaging with a not-for-profit or political cause online has encouraged them to take action offline (compared to 56% of older generations).
Silverstone adds “millennials represent one-third of the national population, and the importance that young people place on live experiences should encourage the thousands of event organisers using Eventbrite across Australia.
Live events provide a great way for people to connect with their community and the wider world, and given that Australians and Kiwis attend more events than any other country, we should be proud to lead the way when it comes to creating real social change through shared experiences.”
Globally, Eventbrite has completed the US$200 million purchase of Ticketfly, with the united companies ready to will sell 200 million tickets a year.
The acquisition sees Eventbrite + Ticketfly instantly become the most dominant player in ticketing's middle market of indie promoters, festivals and music venues.
Click here to read the full report The Experience Movement: Australians Believe Events Inspire Positive Change in the World.
Click here to contact Eventbrite via their entry in the Australasian Leisure Management Supplier Directory.
7th July 2017 - EVENTBRITE OPENS NEW ZEALAND OFFICE
9th December 2016 - EVENTBRITE AND BANDSINTOWN PARTNER TO CONNECT CONCERT CREATORS TO MUSIC FANS
17th August 2016 - EVENTBRITE RESEARCH SHOWS AUSTRALIANS LOVE FESTIVALS
19th November 2010 - FORGET LEISURE: FOCUS ON THE EXPERIENCE INDUSTRY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
Smart Connection Consultancy is a boutique sport and recreation consultancy who has become one of Australia’s leading advocates for the use of synthetic sports surfaces as a vehicle to grow…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
We are the leading providers of kids fun multi-sports programs for Sport and Recreation Centres. Programs cover twelve common sports as well as Gross Motor Skill Development and suit children from as…read more
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
@leisure is a team of experienced leisure, aquatic and sports facility managers and planners, with market modelling, sports management, recreation planning, business and GIS qualifications. We have…read more
The Fitness Generation is now part of NovoFit - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/novofit/read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!