Yellowbox is an Australian technology company that has developed smart locker technology operated through an app with a focus on experience for users and facility managers. Found at Beaches, Aquatic…read more
Senior Manager Corporate Communications and Engagement
Senior Manager Corporate Communications and Engagement
At VenuesWest our vision is to be Australia’s leading provider of sport and entertainment venues and precincts. We take pride in owning and/or operating 14 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only the world class Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
VenuesWest is seeking an experienced Communications professional to join our Strategy and Partnerships team.
The Senior Manager Corporate Communications and Engagement leads a small team to plan and implement external and internal communication programs and strategies to increase the level of interaction with and awareness of VenuesWest’s purpose, activities and achievements to key stakeholders.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity. Occasional work outside of normal business hours and on weekends may be required.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Stadium in Mt Claremont, mobility will be required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Access to salary packaging arrangements
- A fantastic social club and culture program with lots of activities
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- Free on-site parking
- Sponsorship for participation in community, sporting and charity events
About the Person
The successful candidate will have high-level written and verbal communication skills; stakeholder management skills, strong people management capability and experience in the development and implementation of communication plans and strategies.
For any further job-related information please contact Stuart Lyon on 0406 666 022.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position, you must provide the following;
- A copy of your current resume
- A cover letter with examples to demonstrate
- your experience and ability to lead a small team to develop, implement and evaluate communication plans and strategies, and
- how you have managed media when dealing with sensitive issues.
- Evidence of your right to work in Australia – Australian Birth Certificate; Australian Citizenship Certificate; or passport
For shortlisting you will be assessed against essential capability number 1 in the Job Description. All other capabilities will be assessed further in the recruitment process. A full copy of the Job Description is available as a PDF below, which includes a complete list of the capabilities required to fulfil this role.
Please submit your application by clicking on the ‘Apply for Job’ button below. A step by step guide to applying online is available in pdf format below to assist you in this process.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
To be eligible for employment with VenuesWest you must have the following at the time of commencement:
- Right to Work in Australia for the duration of the employment contract
- National Police Clearance
- Please note that the appointee will bear the costs associated with the abovementioned eligibility requirements.
VenuesWest maintains a working environment that is free from discrimination in accordance with Equal Opportunity legislation. We are seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to better meet the differing needs of our customers and to improve equal opportunity outcomes for our employees. Our goal is to increase the representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, women in leadership, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds in our workforce. Sections of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 for measures to achieve equality may be applied to this process.
Candidates from these backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply for this vacancy and to identify themselves through the application questions.
This advertisement may be requested in other formats including Word, PDF, and large format by contacting People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
Applicants who are found suitable, but not recommended for the vacancy, may be considered for subsequent vacancies for 12 months in accordance with Commissioner’s Instructions No.39.
- JDF - Senior Manager Corporate Communications and Engagement L7 - 2023 11.pdf
- FACT SHEET - Equal Opportunity Act - Measures Intended to Achieve Equality - 2023 08
- VenuesWest Applicant Guide
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.
Click here to Apply.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
TPEC Pool Enclosures provide a large range of premium commercial and residential retractable swimming pool, spa and terrace enclosures throughout Australia, servicing residential, local government…read more
Now TPEC Pool Enclosures - see www.ausleisure.com.au/suppliers/tpec-pool-enclosuresread more
Since 1989 Elite Pool Covers have designed and manufactured an extensive range of high quality affordable manual,semi-automatic and fully-automatic pool cover systems for the harsh Australian…read more
At easyemployer we've come up with a software solution that manages one of your most important, and often most costly, business resources - your staff. We are helping 100s of clients to…read more
SimplySwim is a school management solution that helps swimming school owners and managers optimize operations by automating functions such as managing class schedules, billing and…read more
AUSTRALIAN MADE. FIT FOR PURPOSE. Based on the Gold Coast, AlphaFit is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Australian gym equipment specifically for the commercial, strength and conditioning,…read more
A leading designer and manufacturer of innovative waterslides and attractions, Australian Waterslides and Leisure (AWL) is also able to advise clients in the areas of concept and design, feasibility…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!