INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
At VenuesWest our vision is to be Australia’s leading provider of sport and entertainment venues and precincts. We take pride in owning and/or operating 14 of Western Australia’s major sporting and entertainment venues, including not only the world class Optus Stadium and the iconic RAC Arena, but also HBF Park, HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre.
We play an extremely important role in the lives of Western Australians by offering opportunities for those pursuing elite sport, a range of options for individuals or families choosing to live healthy, active lifestyles and a variety of entertainment experiences for everyone.
About the Role
The General Manager, HBF Park provides leadership and direction in the operations and delivery of world-class events at the venue, many of which are broadcast nationally / internationally. The role is responsible for ensuring the venue is programmed and delivered to provide safe, compliant and high-quality customer experiences whilst developing and optimising venue usage, increasing patronage and maximizing financial returns. The role is also responsible for professional and consultative management of the relationships with National Sporting Franchises, National and International promoters, and key government agencies such as TWA.
This is a full time, permanent/fixed term opportunity for five years with the possibility of extension.
Whilst the position will be based at HBF Park in Perth, mobility may be required between the portfolio of facilities.
What We Offer
Working with VenuesWest comes with a number of benefits:
- A free membership to our gym and aquatic centres
- Access to staff fitness classes
- Access to free counselling for employees and their immediate families through our Employment Assistance Provider
- Payment for re-qualification for essential qualifications and certifications
- Access to salary packaging arrangements
- A fantastic social club and culture program with lots of activities
- Optical reimbursements for office-based staff (after 12 months employment)
- Annual flu vaccinations
- 50% discount on kid’s programs
- Corporate health insurance discounts
- A comprehensive learning and development program
- Free on-site parking
- Sponsorship for participation in community, sporting and charity events
About the Person
The successful candidate will have high level skills and experience in the procurement, management and effective delivery of sporting and entertainment events including:
- strong relationship building and negotiation skills including experience in negotiating and managing contracts, licenses and agreements to deliver the most beneficial commercial returns to the organisation
- a proven track record in the delivery of events that are both safe and provide excellent customer experiences and high-level customer satisfaction and patronage results;
- strong people management skills and experience
- high level financial management skills and business acumen.
For any further job-related information please contact Peter Bauchop on 08 9441 8309.
For information on VenuesWest and its venues please visit our website www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
To apply for this position please head to the advert on Jobs WA and read the application instructions before applying.
For application assistance please contact People and Culture on (08) 9441 8362.
Click here to apply.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Ticketworx (formerly House of Tickets) is Australia and New Zealand’s foremost ticket specialist servicing some 2,700 clients and producing in excess of 30 million per tickets per annum.…read more
Hydrocare Pool Services Pty Ltd offer 30 years of experience in aquatic industry features, products and water treatment. Hydrocare Pools has undertaken water treatment for aquatic centres and…read more
Pico Play is a global leader in the planning, design, development and construction of world-class themed attractions and entertainment that deliver extraordinary and memorable experiences to millions…read more
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
Pricemark supplies a wide range of custom branded membership & RFID access products for the Health & Leisure Industry.read more
Vticket Pty Ltd is the Australian and New Zealand distributor for Gateway Ticketing Systems Inc., the world leader in high-speed access control, admission control and ticketing software for the…read more
Centaman has been a market leader in Enterprise Software Solutions for the leisure and recreation industry and both profit and not-for-profit attractions since 1991. It offers a wide range of software…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!