Whether your goal is increasing your centre's revenues or creating an engaging environment, why not add play to your project? If you're looking for stylish aquatic play features, kid-tested…read more
World’s top attractions named in 2015 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards
TripAdvisor®, the world’s largest travel site has announced its Travellers’ Choice™ awards for amusement parks, waterparks, zoos and aquariums around the globe.
Based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers across the globe, award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for amusement parks, water parks, zoos, and aquariums worldwide, gathered over a 12 month period.
TripAdvisor spokesperson Scott Wegener explained “travellers who are in search of excitement or want to be close to nature should look no further.
“There is a wide variety of activities to appeal to all ages at these top-rated amusement and water parks, zoos and aquariums across the globe.”
With 533 attractions honoured in this year’s awards, Sydney’s Taronga Zoo in Sydney took the 15th spot in the global zoos list.
Welcoming this recognition, Taronga General Manager Marketing and Tourism, Libby Hodgson, stated “Taronga is delighted to be recognised among fellow world zoos for excellence in the presentation and care of wildlife.
“This reaffirms the charismatic appeal of the animals in our care and the role they play in engaging Taronga's visitors in helping to create a shared future for wildlife and people.”
With a low number of Asian attractions on the list, Singapore's S.E.A. Aquarium and Singapore Zoo both featured among the top aquariums and zoos.
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Amusement Parks and Water Parks in the World
1. Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Orlando, Florida, USA
2. Discovery Cove – Orlando, Florida, USA
3. Magic Kingdom – Orlando, Florida, USA
4. Universal Studios Hollywood – Los Angeles, California
5. Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Orlando, Florida, USA
6. Universal Studios Florida – Orlando, Florida, USA
7. Europa-Park – Rust, Germany
8. Disneyland Park – Anaheim, California, USA
9. Beto Carrero World – Penha, Brazil
10. PortAventura Park – Salou, Spain
1. Siam Park – Adeje, Spain
2. Beach Park – Aquiraz, Brazil
3. Waterbom Bali – Kuta, Indonesia
4. Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park – Orlando, Florida, USA
5. Aquaventure Waterpark – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
6. Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park – Orlando, Florida, USA
7. Wild Wadi Water Park – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
8. Hot Park – Rio Quente, Brazil
9. Thermas don Laranjais – Olimpia, Brazil
10. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari – Santa Claus, Indiana, USA
1. San Diego Zoo – San Diego, California, USA
2. Loro Parque – Puerto de la Cruz, Spain
3. Singapore Zoo – Singapore
4. Prague Zoo – Prague, Czech Republic
5. Tiergarten Schoenbrunn – Zoo Vienna, Vienna, Austria
6. Henry Doorly Zoo – Omaha, Nebraska, USA
7. Chester Zoo – Chester, United Kingdom
8. St. Louis Zoo – Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
9. Zoological Wildlife Foundation – Miami, Florida, USA
10. ZooParc de Beauval – Saint Aignan, France
11. Colchester Zoo – Colchester, United Kingdom
12. Bioparc Valencia – Valencia, Spain
13. Cape May Country Park & Zoo – New Jersey, USA
14. Zoologischer Garten (Berlin Zoo) – Berlin, Germany
15. Taronga Zoo – Sydney, Australia
1. Oceanario de Lisboa – Lisbon, Portugal
2. Georgia Aquarium – Atlanta, Georgia, USA
3. Monterey Bay Aquarium – Monterey, California, USA
4. Oceanografic – Valencia, Spain
5. Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Gatlinburg, Tennessee, USA
6. Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada – Toronto, Canada
7. Aquaworld Aquarium & Reptile Rescue Centre – Hersonissos, Greece
8. Tennessee Aquarium – Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA
9. Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium – Motobu-cho, Japan
10. Vancouver Aquarium – Vancouver, Canada
11. Mundomar – Benidorm, Spain
12. S.E.A. Aquarium – Sentosa Island, Singapore
13. Genoa Aquarium – Genoa, Italy
14. Parque Explora – Medellin, Colombia
15. Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium – Sarasota, USA
For the complete list of global winners in the 2015 Travellers’ Choice awards for amusement parks, waterparks, zoos, and aquariums, as well as reviews and candid traveller photos, go to www.tripadvisor.com.au/TravelersChoice-Attractions.
Images: Taronga Zoo, Sydney (top) and S.E.A. Aquarium, Sentosa Island, Singapore (below).
19th June 2015 - TARONGA ZOO REVEALS PLANS FOR $16 MILLION SUMATRAN TIGER EXHIBIT
8th June 2015 - TRIPADVISOR NAMES THE WORLD’S FAVOURITE LANDMARKS
29th April 2013 - RESORT WORLD SENTOSA’S S.E.A. AQUARIUM CERTIFIED WORLD’S LARGEST
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
revolutioniseSPORT is the emerging market leader in online club management in Australia. Whether it is memberships, registrations, events, online sales or governance tools - revolutioniseSPORT is the…read more
BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
Felton Industries is Australia’s leading designer, manufacturer and supplier of quality outdoor furniture and has been supplying premium seating solutions for all sporting, commercial, community…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
iDwala is the Community Sports Surface Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!