Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
VicSport announces Inaugural Women’s Sport Conference
VicSport has announced detail of its inaugural Women's Sport: Inspire - Lead - Succeed Conference, designed to stimulate professionals' thinking via presentations from leaders in sport and business.
Funded by the Department of Planning and Community Development (Sport and Recreation Victoria), the conference aims to provide delegates with a range of strategies to apply to sporting organisations, as well providing opportunities for to identify key focus areas to assist VicSport in setting the agenda for womenâs sport in Victoria for the next five to 10 years.
VicSport has been supporting and advocating in a leadership capacity for womenâs sport and women in sport since May 2008. The conference will cover and provide strategies on a range of topics, including:
• Developing successful cultures in sport;
• Managing workforce flexibility in the 21st century;
• Business communication and negotiation;
• Managing crisis situations;
• Challenging the delivery of sport;
• Respect and responsibility; and
• Research and initiatives.
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
• James Merlino, Victorian Minister for Sport, Recreation and Youth Affairs;
• Angela Pippos, Sport 927;
• Anne Marie Harrison, Victorian Institute of Sport;
• Charles Kovess, Kovess International;
• Mark McAllion, VicSport;
• Nicole Livingston, Channel Ten;
• Allison Tranquilli, WNBL and Australian Basketballer;
• David McAllister, Artistic Director of Australian Ballet;
• Todd Harper, VicHealth;
• Jan Cooper, Respect and Responsibility;
• Sharelle McMahon, Australian Diamonds and Melbourne Vixens Captain;
• James Montgomery, Director Community Sport and Recreation, DPCD;
• Sue Cormack, Chair of the Healthy Eating Advisory Panel & VicHealth Board Member;
• Lois Appleby, former CEO of Tourism Victoria and Sydney 2000 Paralympic Games;
• Sam Lane, Sports Journalist for The Age;
• Mel Jones, Australian female cricketer;
• Emma Sherry, La Trobe University; and
• Tracy Bartram, Womenâs Trust;
The conference promises to be very significant for womenâs sport in Victoria and will attempt to raise the profile of womenâs sport and women in sport and assist in closing the gender gap.
VicSport aims to involve over 200 participants, both male and female, from across the sports and business sector.
The event is followed by an evening Cocktail Party.
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Turnstile Entry Systems and Access Control Centaman Entrance Controls’ Award Winning Range of Access Control Systems includes tripod & triarm turnstiles, speedgates, full height…read more
INTRODUCTION Abel Sports is Australia’s leading manufacturer and suppliers of Goal Posts, sports ground safety netting systems and coaches boxes for Stadiums ,Sports Clubs, Councils and…read more
Technogym is the leading company in the Wellness and Fitness field all over the world. With 2,200 employees, 14 branches in Europe, U.S., South America, Asia and Australia, Technogym exports its…read more
With its sleek good looks and easy-to-use yet powerful functionality, Envibe is the premium fitness club software for the Australasian leisure, recreation and fitness industry. We are the most…read more
Otium Planning Group is a contemporary sport and leisure consultancy providing services in planning, facility development, management and funding for the sport, recreation and leisure industries…read more
JonasLeisure offers a complete range of leading leisure and recreation software brands – envibe, Centaman, Gladstone Health & Leisure, The Retention People, Nutrition Complete and…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!