BioGuard is Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted supplier of premium, innovative and affordable commercial water treatment systems and chemicals. BioGuard offers a comprehensive range of…read more
Tough Mudder introduces new obstacles, new courses for 2015 calendar
Tough Mudder’s just announced 2015 event season will see the leading obstacle course event unveil all-new obstacles, brand new event sites and expanded age eligibility as the endurance series confirms its position as the world’s largest and most team-oriented event of its kind.
This year, Tough Mudder events will feature a 16+ kilometre course littered with a completely unique and revamped set of obstacles – designed to test both physical and mental strength.
With teamwork at its core (more than 90% of participants register as part of a team), the Tough Mudder 2015 season will test the spirit and camaraderie of participants more than ever before, as the event seeks to create more fun and life-changing experiences for Aussies from all walks of life.
Tough Mudder’s co-founder and Chief Executive Will Dean explains “for 2015, we’re redefining that role with a series of changes designed to make every element of the Tough Mudder experience more fun, more exciting and more team-focused. To us, that begins with delivering the most creative obstacles ever seen on course.”
All-New Obstacles Redefine the On-Course Experience
The never-before-seen challenges and obstacles include:
• Brand new obstacles: Ten exhilarating new obstacles will hit courses, including “King of the Swingers,” a pendulum swing off a 4 metre platform; ‘Dead Ringer’, a traverse across a series of inclined pegs using handheld rings; and ‘Cry Baby’,’ a tunnel crawl through tear gas.
• Reinvented obstacles: Ice water plunge ‘Arctic Enema’ and slicked quarter pipe ‘Everest’ are among the signature Tough Mudder obstacles that have been redesigned. ‘2.0’ versions will offer new twists on the classic challenges, pushing participants to work as a team.
Dean adds “the obstacle innovations we’ve made for 2015 will encourage participants to work together more than ever before, while still providing the personal challenge people have come to expect from Tough Mudder.
“We’re thrilled to provide a fresh experience for returning Mudders and over a dozen new reasons for first-timers to finally take the plunge.”
On- and Off-Site Upgrades Redefine the Team Experience
Tough Mudder has also introduced enhanced participation and recruitment incentives for the upcoming season. To aid those individuals and teams resolving to complete a Tough Mudder in 2015, they’re offering:
• Team Incentives: New discounts are available for teams of five or more who sign up for an event together, as well as corporate event packages for companies and larger organisations.
• Entry to Teenagers: Event participation is now open to 16- and 17-year-olds who are ready to commit to the challenge.
• Volunteers: A wealth of new volunteer experiences are available for those looking for a behind-the-scenes introduction to the event and a discount on registration.
• Free Event Photos: Once the 2015 resolution is achieved, participants will be able to commemorate it with complimentary photos of themselves in action on course, provided by Gameface Media.
Participant and spectator registrations are now open for the South East Queensland, Melbourne and Sydney events.
For more information on the 2015 Tough Mudder season, visit www.toughmudder.com.au
15th February 2015 - ADELAIDE AND PERTH EVENTS REMOVED FROM TOUGH MUDDER 2015 SCHEDULE
11th November 2014 - TOUGH MUDDER READY FOR FIRST-EVER SOUTH AUSTRALIAN EVENT
17th October 2014 - TOUGHEST EVENT ON THE PLANET SET TO RETURN TO SYDNEY
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Aflex Inflatables are the leaders for obstacle courses, pool toys, waterparks and land-based watersides and fitness runs. They are industry leaders offering the widest range of pool, lake and beach…read more
Commercial Aquatics Australia provides aquatic solutions nationwide and is one of the largest and most experienced companies specialising in the design, construction, renovation, service, maintenance…read more
TJS Services is a leading national facility services provider. We deliver quality cleaning, maintenance, construction and facility management services to over 1,500 sites Australia wide. Our…read more
Humanforce is a global provider of workforce management solutions for companies who need flexibility to manage complex workforces. Companies use Humanforce to manage everything from time and…read more
Quayclean are a national cleaning and waste services partner with proven results in the understanding and delivery of cleaning needs and challenges faced by facilities including; major venues and…read more
Intelligenz provides Leisure Management Software for managing all your Program Registrations, Facility Bookings, Membership Sales and POS Transactions; including detailed Reporting, automated…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!