Fun Wheels Pty Ltd are the premium dealer in Australasia for the Dutch company BERG’s commercial and domestic products. Our flagship product is their revolutionary pedal go-kart – the…read more
The world’s top fitness trends for 2011
From a recent global survey of 2,700 fitness industry professionals conducted by the American Council on Exercise (ACE), the top trends were:
• Economic upswing which is motivating more individuals to resume their personal training and fitness;
• Added-value wellness services, whereby gyms and clubs hire allied healthcare professionals to look after member's needs;
• Stress reduction through fitness. Gyms and clubs will offer wellness programs with the specific purpose of lowering stress levels;
• Technology becoming a support resource. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube will continue to grow in popularity as online motivational support systems;
• Buddy systems will become more widespread as a success-boosting tool;
• Most popular workouts included Boot Camps, Zumba classes and TRX Suspension training;
• Small-group workouts tick the boxes of being sociable, cost effective and good for motivation;
• Youth-based fitness classes and clients will become more prominent due to the increased focus on childhood obesity;
• Corporate wellness will increase, either through in-house personal trainers or discounts and incentives offered to employees;
• The need for elevated professionalism will see fitness facilities becoming more insistent on hiring only employees who hold recognised qualifications.
9th August 2010 - 2/3 OF FITNESS CLUBS RUN AT A LOSS
15th January 2010 - LES MILLS RELEASES ‘FUTURE OF FITNESS’ RESEARCH
18th May 2009 - GYM MEMBERSHIP IS A CASUAL AFFAIR
9th February 2009 - 24/7 FITNESS CLUBS OFFER OBESITY SOLUTION
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
Anti Wave International is the original suppliers of top performance swim, aquatic sports, leisure and pool programming equipment. Founded in 1971, Anti Wave International is proud of its…read more
Gladstone Health & Leisure (Gladstone MRM Pty Ltd Australia) is a leading supplier of leisure management and fitness software and is endorsed by leading health and fitness professionals and…read more
Our team believes floors should be beautiful, comfortable, and engineered for safety, even when wet. Life Floor tiles meet six unique performance based standards: slip-resistance, impact absorption,…read more
Augmented Creative is an open organization of like-minded and highly dedicated, creative people who conceive, plan and execute visual solutions. We pursue new and innovative visual ideas to help…read more
Playrope Aqua-Fun, are the Australian & New Zealand exclusive distributors for Vortex Aquatic Structures International, the world leader in aquatic playgrounds and urban water landscapes.…read more
Whether your goal is increasing your centre's revenues or creating an engaging environment, why not add play to your project? If you're looking for stylish aquatic play features, kid-tested…read more
ATS are global leaders in altitude training and research. From mask systems and inflatable tents to simulated altitude facilities, we help all athletes gain the competitive edge. Our…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!