As of the 1st July 2018, Enta Australasia Pty Ltd/Best Union has been rebranded as VIVATICKET Pty Ltd. Click here to view the VIVATICKET Pty Ltd listing. 19th July 2018 - ENTA…read more
Tennis World Chatswood named top metropolitan club by Tennis NSW
Work undertaken by the Sydney Sports Management Group at Tennis Chatswood has been recognised by Tennis NSW with its Most Outstanding Tennis Club, Metropolitan category award.
Operated by the Sydney Sports Management Group (SSMG) in partnership with Chatswood Tennis Club, the award acknowledges the 2017/18 outcomes at the club - the result of a partnership that, over 10 years, has delivered continuous improvement, initiating new programs and adaptability
SSMG founder Scott Riley and Chief Executive Richard Price believe operational alignment and the support of Tennis NSW and Tennis Australia has been critical for the sport’s long term success.
The Award recognises the Club’s achievements of steady membership growth (in an overall environment of membership erosion), a range of quality tennis programs (including juniors), social and competition tennis choices, Japanese speaking coaching classes, special coaching for a group of intellectually disabled high school students, ‘Hot Shots’ coaching for as young as three years and school holiday tennis camps.
Chatswood Tennis Centre has a diverse range of programming to accommodate tennis enthusiasts of all levels. The programs include:
• Learn to Play - Our Hot Shots Programs fully aligned with Tennis Australia. Launch classes are offered right through to yellow ball which is suitable for ages between 3 years and 11 years.
• Social Play - Social Tennis is offered three times per week. Without a regular commitment, players can attend and play competitive matches. Social Play on Sunday’s regularly achieves 70 participants.
• Competitive Play - Currently Chatswood Tennis Centre host seven x internal adult tennis competitions and one x matchplay competition for kids which is based on a red ball standard. Though our alignment with Northern Suburbs Tennis Association, we also send players from our Green / Yellow levels into external competitions.
• Hot Shots Challenges - Quarterly Hot Shots Challenges are held as part of an inter-club championship within other venues from Sydney Sports Management Group.
• Cardio Tennis - We currently offer a Cardio Tennis session on a Monday Night. The program on average generates 8 participants per week.
• Intensive English Centre - Chatswood Intensive English Centre (CIEC) provides intensive English Language instruction orientation, welfare and settlement support to newly arrived secondary school age students. Chatswood Tennis Centre offer a combined coaching and matchplay program for this group of students. A total of 36 students attend this program on a weekly basis.
• Coaching in Japanese - According to Census Data, Chatswood has a large Japanese population within the LGA. Due to this large population, Chatswood Tennis Centre employ a Japanese speaking coach who conducts tennis lessons in their native language. The program presently attracts 60 participants on a weekly basis and is catered towards both Junior and Adult participation.
• Match Play - Internal and external competitions are offered for our tournament ready players. We currently operate seven x competitions per week and through a partnership with Northern Suburbs Tennis Association, we are able to offer tournament or match play to wider network of tournaments within the district area.
• Tennis Camps - Each school holidays, Chatswood Tennis Centre offer a holistic approach to holiday care offering a number of initiatives in an attempt to drive participation into the holiday program. With kids aged between four to 14 years, kids will learn tennis skills endorsed by Tennis Australia Hot Shots Program and our experienced coaches to deliver these outcomes.
Sydney Sports Management
Sydney Sports Management Group (SSMG) is a privately-owned specialist facilities management company with over 30 years of experience owning and successfully managing a variety of recreation and sporting centres associated initially with Tennis World and later expanding into golf, health and fitness and café operations.
SSMG currently partners with City of Sydney, Lane Cove Council, Willoughby Council, Ryde Council and North Sydney Council and over 100 schools.
Images: SSMG team members receive their Tennis NSW award (top), social media recognition for the award (middle) and young players at Tennis World Chatswood (below).
31st October 2017 - ANZ Tennis Hot Shots numbers hit all-time high
11th July 2017 - Tennis Australia strengthens safeguarding children measures
8th December 2016 - Goulburn to host Tennis NSW Seniors Tournament
16th May 2014 - Community helps fund Tennis Hot Shots mini-courts in Mudgee
16th April 2014 - Tennis Australia wants Councils to develop Tennis Hot Shots mini courts
Asking a small favour
We hope that you value the news that we publish so while you're here can we ask for your support?
The news we publish at www.ausleisure.com.au is independent, credible (we hope) and free for you to access, with no pay walls and no annoying pop-up ads.
However, as an independent publisher, can we ask for you to support us by subscribing to the printed Australasian Leisure Management magazine - if you don't already do so.
Published bi-monthly since 1997, the printed Australasian Leisure Management differs from this website in that it publishes longer, in-depth and analytical features covering aquatics, attractions, entertainment, events, fitness, parks, recreation, sport, tourism and venues management.
Subscriptions cost just $90 a year.
Click here to subscribe.
The Complete Guide to Leisure Industry Products & Services.
We are Aussie Strength. The ultimate supplier for Commercial Gym Equipment that's built to deliver in the toughest environments. From USA-Built hardcore weight training equipment from Arsenal…read more
iEDM integrate Design, Engineering and Delivery Management services to convert existing spaces into exciting new entertainment venues. Our team consists of highly qualified professionals with diverse…read more
Headquartered in Brisbane with an Australia-wide network of satellite offices, PaySmart is one of Australia’s largest and longest-standing direct debit billing companies. In 1996 we began…read more
Swimplex Aquatics are a world-class company dedicated to the commercial pool, waterslide industry. We are Australian market leaders servicing all states Australia wide. Swimplex provide a full…read more
iDwala is the Community Sports Surface Specialist offering the highest quality designs and technical expertise to Councils, Schools and Sporting Clubs looking to create sporting…read more
Myzone is the industry’s leading wearable technology solution. Myzone’s wearable products show and reward effort when you work out. It displays accurate real-time heart rate, calories, and…read more
PathMinder Pty Ltd have partnered with AllUser Industries srl to bring Europe’s most advanced high security portals to the Australian and New Zealand markets. AllUser Industries started to…read more
get listed with our suppliers directory
Get your business noticed in our targeted directory. Viewed by 10,000 industry professionals per week!